Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Impact Damage Not Working?

Polsvoyce

Been hearing the occasional rumbling here and there about Impact damage not applying correctly. My Cernos sure doesn't seem to be doing the damage it should, either. This true?

That seems like a rather large problem with a fundamental way of damaging enemies in this game. If true, hopefully DE knows about this.

(You know, a "problems we are aware about" page from DE would be nice.)

what do you mean it isn't doing the damage it should?  Explain please!

Read the description of the weapon that maybe that

Cernos suppose to do Heavy damage , but its more like cake

Edit : 666 Post , going to be flamed maybe

Edited by Chaosdreamer

Impact damage is meant to take out targets with high shield values.

Puncture damage is meant take out targets with high armor values.

Slash damage is meant to take out targets with high health values.

So , what i do if i fired like everything i could with that bow? its not doing any heavy damage to the correct ennemies

It works fine for me, the issue seems to be corpus crewmen/techs have the stupid head armor again. It absorbs just about everything, reducing all damage, even impact hitting shields.

this. i had this problem with my aklex...corpus crewmen especially...

Corpus crewmen have, what seems to me, a 90% damage reduction to their heads due to their space magic microwave helmets. So, the body is their weak spot.

No, they are IMMUNE to impact damage on headshots. The remaining damage you see is the Slash/Puncture that deals tiny amounts of damage to their heads.

Honestly, Impact (and Puncture) should deal 2x damage on their heads. Slash can instead be nerfed to only dealing 1x damage on their heads. That'd make far more sense.

No, they are IMMUNE to impact damage on headshots. The remaining damage you see is the Slash/Puncture that deals tiny amounts of damage to their heads.

Honestly, Impact (and Puncture) should deal 2x damage on their heads. Slash can instead be nerfed to only dealing 1x damage on their heads. That'd make far more sense.

Something along those lines sounds reasonable IMO.