Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Brakk Nerf Megathread - Post Your Thoughts!

Kato-san

Agreed, the Brakk nerfs were needed but it's pretty weird how bad it got hit. I don't mind the drop off just the extent, the Seeker combo on the Brakk broke the weapon but this is going too far the other direction to the point where it is a glorified melee weapon

The Brakk Has been massacred. Nerfed beyond belief, alot of people complain that it was too powerful and I think that after the first nerf it was pretty balanced. After all it was an event only, and we needed to complete over a hundred missions.(correct me if I am wrong)

Bla bla ... my lolly landed on the floor ... I cant enjoy my sweetie anymore ... bla bla ...

Dude you can wash it up ...

but it was on the floor ... bla bla ...

Nope, you got one of the highest DPS weapons in the game. Sorry you're mad they toned it down from brokenly ridiculous to awesome.

do you ever try high level stuff? right now its range makes it worthless unless i run up to mobs and shove it in their face. and you know what that means for corpus? you waste 2 revives within 1 minute.

Let's stop debating whether or not the nerf was appropriate, yeah? It was. The Brakk was overpowered. Still, having messed around with it a bit more, I can decisively say that the only "nerf" the Brakk really needed was the addition of damage falloff. It's conventional for Warframe shotgun-styled weapons (read, any weapon that fires multiple pellets per shot without requiring a multishot mod,) and it limits what would otherwise be very powerful weapons to shorter ranges. Can you imagine if the Strun Wraith didn't have falloff? Every pellet hitting or no, the results players would get from firing into crowds would be ridiculous. That's just the thing, though - once we have a hard cap on range, which is supposed to be the handicap afforded to shotguns, there's no need for anything else. The spread nerf is what really hurts the weapon, and is particularly frustrating.

I liked the Brakk because it was fairly accurate. The pellet spread nerf makes the weapon feel a lot less satisfying in my hands. Mind you, I'm not talking about how effective it still is at killing things at the appropriate ranges. It still kills things fine, so all of you people crying that it's completely useless now can quiet down for a moment. Still, if the range of a gun is going to be hardcapped, there's no reason why it shouldn't be able to hit what it's aiming at within range. Hell, give the Brakk a damage nerf if it still needs it, but don't change the feel of the gun so abruptly. I may be the only one, but I can imagine the alteration of the Brakk's fundamental handling is at least part of what is elicting such allergic reactions in the people who use it.

So does that mean soma and boar prime are next?

Dood, Boar Prime already has bad ammo economy and damage fall off, and its recent nerf of reduced status chance and crit chance(only base dmg increase which is good). And Soma's crit chance has been reduced as well. It needs proper mods to shine anyways. Stahp making Prime weapons to non-Prime tier pls.

Dood, Boar Prime already has bad ammo economy and damage fall off, and its recent nerf of reduced status chance and crit chance(only base dmg increase which is good). And Soma's crit chance has been reduced as well. It needs proper mods to shine anyways. Stahp making Prime weapons to non-Prime tier pls.

by that argument the non prime Soma shouldn't be "prime tier" either, which it still is, better than prime in factfact even after the nerf.

Brakk was broken. It was an pistol shotgun that sniped enemies far away. Thats... thats not really what I would expect from such weapon.
If you run high level missions, then just use the Soma for long range and Brakk for close range. Its not that hard if you actually try.

do you ever try high level stuff? right now its range makes it worthless unless i run up to mobs and shove it in their face. and you know what that means for corpus? you waste 2 revives within 1 minute.

Oh god, I actually have to work and be in some sort of danger now to use this weapon effectively. IT'S RUINED!

Oh god, I actually have to work and be in some sort of danger now to use this weapon effectively. IT'S RUINED!

If i can't deliver a deadly punch to a single enemy before i get mowed down by 4 other enemies, I'm seriously doubting the effectiveness of this weapon. FFS they boosted the impact, but this thing can't even hit anything that's not infested! It just feels like, 'let's just remove any form of logic from this gun so players won't whine about nerfing it again'

I agree Brakk needed a nerf.  And this nerf is just fine. Still good dps, just have to use it like a shotgun now. 

I still prefer despair though.

You do know that shotguns are good at mid to long ranges depending on the choke, the kind of pellets fired, etc, right? Not to mention DE has a pretty #*($%%@ up idea of measuring in this game, I've seen mods marked as only 30 meters away and taking a few seconds to reach while walking, with Rhino, using Thrak helmet.

They're not gonna reach assault rifle ranges easily, most ARs are good for well over 100 meters easily, as soldiers in Iraq were proved to be so good with the newer ARs that they could land headshots at distances they normally wouldn't and were questioned if they were executing people due to the weapon being that damn good, scope and all.

Most games like this? Developers seem to think that LMGs are hideously inaccurate (They're not, modern ones can double as a long range rifle/sniper rifle due to the round being that big and powerful), shotguns as short-ranged (They're not, only a sawed off double-barrel using shot could be that awful beyond spitting distance) and throwing knives as deadly (a thrown spade/entrenching tool will crush bones and organs thanks to physics, a knife would just cause some bleeding unless a lucky spot was hit).

So don't go around saying "this is how such and such weapon should be used" because it shows everyone who knows better how damn ignorant you are and how people like you perpetuate the problem.

"They nerfed the Brakk so it's only good at short range."

"Oh, so it's a specialized Infested killer now?"

"Nope... Corpus."

"..."

No kidding. Shockwave MOAs knock you back, Fusion MOAs murder you with their laser, Anti-MOAs just fire that attack that screws you over and is very difficult to see coming/dodge at such close ranges, and Corpus Crewmen can lay down the pain when all their shots start connecting at 30-40 meters.