Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Brakk Nerf Megathread - Post Your Thoughts!

Kato-san

A well needed change. Just because a weapon is exclusive doesn't give it the need to be better than even the primary shotguns. It's perfectly reasonable to have drop on this weapon, just like the other shotguns do. Finally, it's in line with the rest of the weapons, and has it's niche, rather than being the prime choice which absolutely wrecks house on absolutely everything.

How did you manage to waste 100plat to potato a wep? aren't potates only 20 plat? am i missing something?

I used 3 potatoes and an affinity booster to make the farming bearable, so 40p for a 3day booster, 60p for 3 potatoes = 100p

120p actually if you count the catalyst.

Edited by Xarfrax

Sheesh people, get a grip.

It's the same thing over and over again. DE releases an OP weapon, people spend forma on it, the gun gets nerfed shortly after, people cry because they never learn to be patient with obviously op stuff in warframe... -_-

It's not that people are crying, Brakk is an "event" weapon therefore harder to acquire especially grinding 100 missions for it thus the stats should be quite above average compared to other secondaries. There's no such "OP" in a purely pve game like  Warframe just ignore Conclave. Personally the fall-off damage is a nasty nerf.

MY POINT: DE is going to out the Fall-Off on every other Handshotgun now. Especially as people point out that the Brakk is the only one with. You can bank on the Detron for sure having it on release.

Oh really? Please tell me where DE stated that also quote would be nice, but if you are assuming this then stop. Nothing DE does is predictable these days.

My reaction: HELL YES!

Now people might actually use other sidearms if they have the Brakk.

I still think it needs to be brought lower, honestly.  It was the king sidearm by a huge margin.

Why do people insist on wanting to tell other people how to play the game?

"I don't like how you use that gun.  I hope they nerf that gun so you get to use other guns."

What?

Oh really? Please tell me where DE stated that also quote would be nice, but if you are assuming this then stop. Nothing DE does is predictable these days.

He's not saying DE.  He's saying that now that Brakk is singled out as the only hand-cannon with falloff that the same nerf criers are going to alert DE of other hand cannons with the same "problem".

It's not that people are crying, Brakk is an "event" weapon therefore harder to acquire especially grinding 100 missions for it thus the stats should be quite above average compared to other secondaries. There's no such "OP" in a purely pve game like  Warframe just ignore Conclave. Personally the fall-off damage is a nasty nerf.

Actually there is OP. If there's a 'no-brainer' gun in a game that relies on weapons, that's better than any other in it's category (secondary), it means people will automatically use it and won't bother with the other guns. That's not good for the developer, is it? Especially, since they went to all the trouble with damage 2.0 to remove 1 weapon loadouts.

And, thanks to conclave and duels, it's no longer a purely pve game. So again, there are OP weapons in warframe.

Also, just because it's an event weapon doesn't make it invulnerable to tweaks.

So it's got a damage fall off. Big deal. Get closer, like with a shotgun.

Sheesh. And for the future, people should learn patience before spending forma/plat on new stuff that's obviously OP. But they never learn, do they?

Merged the bunch of Brakk threads into this one to avoid forum redundancies.

While we're at it, is there a chance the mods can merge all the wts/wtb trade threads into a trade megathread (if that's not already done)?

That's the single most annoying aspect of surfing the forums these days.

Why do people insist on wanting to tell other people how to play the game?

"I don't like how you use that gun.  I hope they nerf that gun so you get to use other guns."

What?

I think it was worse in reverse.

Hey guys, I'm looking for a good side arm!

'Just use the brakk'

But I don't have the brakk. D:

'Oh, then you don't have a good side arm.'

The amount of times I went through this conversation was just staggering.

I also will NEVER approve of a limited availability event weapon being the best weapon in the game, for, well, see conversation above.

While we're at it, is there a chance the mods can merge all the wts/wtb trade threads into a trade megathread (if that's not already done)?

That's the single most annoying aspect of surfing the forums these days.

DE staff are looking into modifying the trading post forum so that new threads there don't show up in the recent topics pane!

There's no such "OP" in a purely pve game like  Warframe

When weapon loadouts become homogenized pretty much across the board, then yes, there is such a thing. I was playing with a friend the other night and my loadout for one of our runs was nova/soma/brakk and i commented that the loadout i was carrying was basically one you would see (likely in multiples) in just about any pug you would go into. That is not a good thing.

I used 3 potatoes and an affinity booster to make the farming bearable, so 40p for a 3day booster, 60p for 3 potatoes = 100p

120p actually if you count the catalyst.

The catalyst is the only potato....What do you think potatoes are? I'm tired so maybe i'm just being stupid or something?

I think it was worse in reverse.

Hey guys, I'm looking for a good side arm!

'Just use the brakk'

But I don't have the brakk. D:

'Oh, then you don't have a good side arm.'

The amount of times I went through this conversation was just staggering.

I also will NEVER approve of a limited availability event weapon being the best weapon in the game, for, well, see conversation above.

Well, then it's the fault of people who min-max (and yes, I do mean both people who suggest you only use brakk AND those who listen to others telling them you should only use brakk).  There are so many weapons in the game, you can use whatever you like and many of them would be viable.  I personally found the brakk to be super strong, but I haven't used it since getting it to 30 and have been leveling/modding/trying out other sidearms.  I just thought of it as a fall-back to if I need to do a particularly difficult mission.  

But I guess not anymore.  Since some unimaginative people whose only mode of acquiring ingame information is to regurgitate talking-points by their clanmates/forum gurus have managed to make the game just a tad bit less fun for the rest of us.

I don't like the nerf. Real life shotguns can shoot past 30 yards, and people enjoyed a secondary that was well-rounded. Shotguns don't have to be garbage except in hugging distance. That's why we have melee and a flamethrower.

It felt like a great reward after 100 missions of grind, a gun that you could take with you as backup and do well in any situation. It took 2 mags but you could kill stuff at range with careful headshots, because a few pellets always found the center of your crosshair. Counter Strike did that too. But we can't have that because "conventional game logic" instead of fun dictates that past 15 yards we shoot peas.

This was one of the best "game feel" weapons till now, just like the insane accuracy of the MK1-braton and Lato that drew me into the game in the first place. And it felt earned.

Glad I did not forma the Brakk.

Also don't think I am ever going to forma anything again.

Why when so many people have the developers ear and help them make last gens items useless and the new stuff can come out with better stats.

Warframe's game play now.

1) get item

2) see people whine on forums

3) level item

4) delete it as if it is in any way useful someone can't handle that and rather than take a needed nap will spam the forums cause 1 item killed a computer controlled digital avatar .003 seconds faster than their favorite gun.  maybe that person should have gone to the event and ran the 100 missions rather than played forumframe.

Edited by Nickeltoe

He's not saying DE. He's saying that now that Brakk is singled out as the only hand-cannon with falloff that the same nerf criers are going to alert DE of other hand cannons with the same "problem".

No, what I'm saying is that to keep consistency just like with the Shotguns, any weapon deemed to be "close range" is now an open target for having Fall-Off applied.

It becomes a precedent method for "balancing" weapons by forcibly restricting their zone of use.

The Brakk need a Nerf. I was leagues ahead of the other Handcannons and the other Sidearms when it comes down it.

The issue as simple the Brakk does (still does) 150 base damage, with 10 pellets, 15% Crit rate x2 damage, 10% status, and 1.0 reload time. This is why it is an OP weapon. High damage, high pellet count (which gets crazy due to pistol Multishot mods), decent Crit, and one of the highest Status changes in the game. It is still deadly at its "intented" use range of "Close Quarters".

Line it up with the Bronco Prime 140 base damage, 8 pellets, 2.5% Crit x1.5 and Status, 2.0 reload.

The Detron (by codex), 105 radiation, looks like 10 pellets from the NPC shots, 10% Crit x1.5 and Status, 1.0 reload

If DE really wanted the Brakk back in line they need to drop the damage by maybe 5-10. Reduced pellet count (8 or less), reduced Crit chance and multiplier, reduced Status for sure, and bumped reload up to 1.5.

DE put the stats of a Hand Cannon like the Lex or the Seer on a Pellet driven weapon and didn't think twice about it.

The Brakk functionally made no sense to me as a Hand Cannon. You want a better example look the Kraken. I was totally expecting it to be a better version of the Kraken. 2 maybe 3 pellets or burst shots. Not a 10 pellet banaza with top of the line Pistol Crit chances. Which only got more nuts with Status becoming a thing.

*edit*

You want to see a real Nerf to the Brakk? Not this BS Fall-Off "Play the way we say" crap? Cut the number of pellets down to 4. Instant serious Nerf to pellet spam builds and cuts a large chunk of the Crit/Proc insanity. At the end of the day it is the fact that is Pellet Handcannon that broke it. With upwards of 30 pellets (from Multishot), a 33% Crit chance and x3.2 damage, and a reload and fire rate that make most Handcannons cry, the Brakk is still going to be its rather hard hitting self.

Edited by Brasten