Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guys, Relax. Take A Deep Breath. Exhale. Calmer? Good, Now Read This Regarding The Brakk.

Brimir

The Bronco (and it's Prime counterpart) both have a measly 2.5 Critical Hit and Status Chance.

Noway in *bleep* they could ever perform like the Brakk.

I wasn't even considering the crits and status. Pure damage, With that spread, would do about the same damage at this point at that range.

And all your post did was confirm what I've been saying. Status and CRIT are what need a nerf, not falloff

Critical Hit is very much part of "pure damage".

What do you think makes the Soma so powerful?

Irrelevant for 2 reasons:

1 despite all other issues, rifle CRIT mods are better, allowing soma to get in same CRIT rates. Brakk, even with maxed mods, can not achieve that same ratio

2 read my damned suggestions, I've already said remove the CRIT from Brakk (as well as status) in return for no falloff, that trade off would immediately render every argument thrown here so far off the chart, as a portion of the damage, and a massive piece of the utility function, would be balanced out.

I can't tell if you're serious or not...

Somewhat serious. Brakk and Detron were both described as hand cannons during the event. I personally didn't except or hope that they would turn out to be shotguns (I wanted them to be awesome single-shot handguns with big-&#! explosive rounds!) but in DE's mind they were always destined to become shotguns.

Somewhat serious. Brakk and Detron were both described as hand cannons during the event. I personally didn't except or hope that they would turn out to be shotguns (I wanted them to be awesome single-shot handguns with big-&#! explosive rounds!) but in DE's mind they were always destined to become shotguns.

Wiki and I had the same preconception:

In modern usage, the term "hand cannon" may also be used colloquially to refer to a pistol or revolver chambered for a powerful cartridge such as the .454 Casull or .500 S&W Magnum.

Little gun, big bullets.

But hey, it is their game after all. We just have to adapt.

So critical hit chance is irrelevant for a weapons "pure damage", despite it multiplying damage?

Funny that.

Remove falloff...? Nah. Reset the spread to standard levels, but keep the falloff.

It is a shotgun.

Hand Cannon was always a codeword for Secondary Shotgun.

Oh what do you know, so is the Bronco! Falloff on it, or no falloff on Brakk + status/CRIT nerf. As I've said. Multiple times.

Oh what do you know, so is the Bronco! Falloff on it, or no falloff on Brakk + status/CRIT nerf. As I've said. Multiple times.

And I've said multiple times (or not, just once) that as long as you buff the Bronco family as you add Falloff, that'd be totally cool in my book.

I'm pretty sure lack of fall off on Broncos is a bug and I reported it as such. It seems that DE's vision of shotguns is that they should have fall off so for consistency all of them should. That includes Broncos. Although I agree that they should get stat buffs to compensate

Should've had falloff anyway, it's a shotgun. There needs to be uniformity. Either all shotguns, pistol or primary, have falloff, or no pistols have falloff

but then everything would be the same.

the way to stop this in the future would be mrarking the weapons specific attributes in the codex.

as an example:

pangolin sword:

-description

-unique things affecting the weapon

-stats

Nope, I do not agree with that. Why bother using a sniper to take the time and carefully aim when you have the Brakk to fire off a couple shots in the same amount of time with no effort? The sniper shotgun had to go.

Probably because outside of a few outdoor maps, the ranges we fight at are perfect for using actual @(*()$ shotguns and the 'sniping' ranges are more for assault rifles? When I think sniper rifle, I think blowing some dude's chest wide open over a kilometer away using a rifle meant to F*** up a tank. Since you, that's the ranges sniper rifles truly shine at: distances where you'd be dead before you heard the shot since the bullet would hit you before the sound of the gunshot itself would catch up.

Don't worry guys, the Brakk is still godlike. It outclasses even the Bronco Prime (which is FAR harder to get than the Brakk, trust me).

With 15%(per Pellet!) Critical Hit Chance and Status Chance you can still mod it for outrageous damage and add Blast to permanently stunlock everything to death.

You just have to treat it like, surprise surprise, any other Shotgun in the game now.

I would strongly prefer Slash damage.

im sad coz i just forma'd it---again....i wasted plats for it...now i learned that i should not trust the game until its final release...im not gonna buy plats for, maybe a couple of months just to make sure im not wasting money buying formas or ill just farm it but it'll ust waste of time coz every weapon willl get its nerf someday...

RIP BRAKK

your memories will never be forgotten...

:D

im gonna go back to sicarus prime...maybe...

Don't worry guys, the Brakk is still godlike. It outclasses even the Bronco Prime (which is FAR harder to get than the Brakk, trust me).

Um... the Bronco Prime isnt that hard to get at all really... Ok get 2 parts, from capture 2 and 3 with 10 orokin cells. Yeh now its hard because nobody is doing CAP 3's or 2's because there is no keys, everyone used them up, and they are dam lazy to farm for them, as I well, farm for them every day.

You cant get a Brakk, you had to do 100 missions, I dont know about you, but ill have a Bronco Prime made already if i was to do 100 missions trying to get it, infact it would probably take 25 mission, or less. You run in, kill the target, and extract, that is it.

The nerf was needed, i agree partly on that, but the range nerf was not needed, maybe about 20-30 meters but 10-20 meters? thats like asking for a mugshot with your enemy. "OH hello mr Grineer Napalm that is level 40!!! You dont mind if you take a picture as i shoot you with a Powder gun right!?!".

Edited by GhostUnitVII

hmmm i have the paris prime, boar prime, braton prime, latron prime, dakra prime, orthos prime, and reaper prime. I say nope, each one wasnt that hard to get, and usually after running 2 or 3 Tier 3 missions, you get the part you want,

yeah i have most of this ready to build...i just need a lot of orokin cells...

hmmm i have the paris prime, boar prime, braton prime, latron prime, dakra prime, orthos prime, and reaper prime. I say nope, each one wasnt that hard to get, and usually after running 2 or 3 Tier 3 missions, you get the part you want,

Then I suggest you go out and buy as many lottery tickets as you can possibly afford.