Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So....is The Synapse King Now?

TwoCrabs

^title I rarely use synapse or brakk, so could someone tell me how the brakk after the nerf competes with the synapse

(or other high-tier weapons) now?
is it still number 1?
I heard the nerf only really affected the range, not the dmg that is impact oriented now.
im actually quite curious

-Maine

I haven't tried messing around with it that much since Damage 2.0, but umm...  On paper, the Synapse isn't even that far above average...  It positively gets dwarfed by other weapons.  The Soma for instance does about twice as much damage to armor-based enemies...

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

well, I was leveling my synapse yesterday and frankly, even without a forma it's a highly effective weapon. Seeing how DE nerfs every single effective weapon nowdays, I'd find it difficult to believe that synapse wouldn't be destroyed in some way in the near future.

Synapse has been flagged for nerfing.

30k salvage and mutagen mass required, seems legit.

I haven't tried messing around with it that much since Damage 2.0, but umm...  On paper, the Synapse isn't even that far above average...  It positively gets dwarfed by other weapons.  The Soma for instance does about twice as much damage to armor-based enemies...

Not with corrosive it doesn't.

Edited by Empiren

30k salvage and mutagen mass required, seems legit.

Not with corrosive it doesn't.

Yes it does: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlWVt6vp3-YWdFh0dS1YNUxjRXRENnBJa1dqQ1pXVXc&usp=drive_web#gid=2

Both built for Corrosive: 12k Synapse vs 24k Soma.

And then you get the Boar Prime in all its glory at 58k...

And the still-supreme Brakk at 86k (or with another build that sacrifices some sustained DPS for more burst DPS, 102k)

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

Yes it does: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlWVt6vp3-YWdFh0dS1YNUxjRXRENnBJa1dqQ1pXVXc&usp=drive_web#gid=2

Both built for Corrosive: 12k Synapse vs 24k Soma.

And then you get the Boar Prime in all its glory at 58k...

And the still-supreme Brakk at 86k.

That Brakk DPS only works if you can CC the enemy and use it at 5m. 

Like the Embolist's "6m" range.

The fallout actually starts even before 10 meters.

If the falloff starts before 10m, that would be a bug though.

I will run more test when I have time.

The easiest gauge will be the terminal room in Cyath.

1) Jump on a box on the right or left (besides the large stairs) of the Terminal.

2) Drop a decoy to the steps (that leads to the terminal) closest to you. Wait for infested. Fire Brakk.

3) Move decoy to the center (IE facing the terminal directly). Wait for infested. Fire again.

4) Move decoy to the steps furthest away from you. Fire again.

I noted there is notable damage drop.

Or it could be spread.... I will try it again.

lol for ppl blabering dps than soma somehow out dps synapse... Do they even try comparing them in real game?Maxed heavy caliber makes soma a disco pea shooter and its damage output even at close range is not that GREAT. Synapse, on the other hand, can obliterate everything as long as u pull the trigger after awhile ( somehow if you don't hold it the dmg will be really low) and don't really affected by heavy caliber... SEE? Synapse might be worst in paper but in real battle it is the best XD

Edit: Soma highest dps also comes from fire rate mods which make soma goes haywire while synapse dps doesn't come from firerate mod XD

Edited by saiou

I wonder how much rage would it take to finally make DE do the balancing properly...

i didn't remember that they ask us about how they will nerf brakk...whats the purpose of the community in the 1st place? if they're not talking/asking us...they should have atleast said:

"Brace yourself a nerf is coming" with Ned Stark's pic of course

:D