Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Short Test On The Brakk Fall Off [Image Heavy Warning]

fatpig84

As requested, the exact distance.

From box to middle of terminal

10 meters. This is the optimal distance.

From box to extreme end steps

15 meters. Brakk damage will start falling off here.

1 terminal length

Give or take, 8 to 9 meters.

I think [10,20] means falloff start at 10 meter and reach its lowest damage at 20 meter (25% of unmodded pellet damage).

Not starting from 15m.

Edited by Definitegj

I agree that Brakk needed a nerf, however the current damage drop off is unrealistic and insulting. Like others have said, it loses way too much damage over a very short change in distance. The drop off should be changed to 20-40 meters. As it is right now, it doesn't feel like a shotgun. It doesn't feel like a gun at all for that matter. It's as if the pellets magically turn to dust after a spit second of being in the air. 

Well I am seriously hoping DE reverses the fall off, or at least let it match the Hek.

If going for old unlimited range.

Reduce damage to 40/40/40

Done.

Otherwise keep the existing stats, and at least double the fall off range.

Wouldn't even need to reduce damage. The bullet spread is sufficient to keep it less useful at long ranges and make people get closer. I already can't hit corpus cameras on the other side of certain hallways.

Wouldn't even need to reduce damage. The bullet spread is sufficient to keep it less useful at long ranges and make people get closer. I already can't hit corpus cameras on the other side of certain hallways.

This is to bring it closer to its brother, the Detron.

You know what really gets me.  All the images, where the Infested were clustered together, the Brakk only hit a SINGLE target.  That's a video game shotgun?  Really?  Not in any game I've played.  In Hard Reset I can wipe out about 6 or 7 close enemies per blast, in Far Cry: Blood Dragon, I can get two per shot, if they're close enough.

Not in Warframe?  Seriously?

You know what really gets me.  All the images, where the Infested were clustered together, the Brakk only hit a SINGLE target.  That's a video game shotgun?  Really?  Not in any game I've played.  In Hard Reset I can wipe out about 6 or 7 close enemies per blast, in Far Cry: Blood Dragon, I can get two per shot, if they're close enough.

Not in Warframe?  Seriously?

That is why I put a Seeker mod now :p

1: this is a sidearm, not a primary weapon, sidearm=not as good as primary

2: this is a shotgun, people complain about range, congrats, the shotgun is no longer a sniper rifle

3: the brakk is meant to be close range, there is no instance where a shotgun should be used to shoot any farther than maybe 15 meters

4: you can still make the gun tough, just focus more on its status effect, my friend had gotten the blast ability to make this gun stunlock almost every shot

5: with a few brakks people could go to the 40s for rounds without needing to move besides restocking ammo, a nerf was required.

6: the brakk could use SOME range buff, but people with reasonable arguments get covered by the brakk fanboys who whine that their favorite sniper shotgun is lost to reasonability considering before it was a crutch that could hammer strait through pluto of all places, most people use pluto to rightfully justify things like the soma and galatine, so when a gun can blow through there like the brakk could, its obvious it needed tweaking. now it just needs a more fair range where the dropoff could occure around 15 meters and have a bit tighter spread, but for fairness it could have the damage drop go faster, which would be fair considering shotguns, once out of their normal limits normally lose impact power quickly mostly thanks to pellets not being aerodinamic like bullets.

Edited by some_random_guy_1

snip

It is easier to just go 40/40/40 

And keep the spread and remove fall off.

I argue the Bronco, Bronco Prime and Dual Broncos do not have such a fall off draw backs.

Why should the Brakk be the only one to suffer that ?

Scaling down the damage will mean that it does not effectively replace the Bronco Prime and that is sufficient.