Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If You're Going To Nerf The Brakk You Should Give The Broncos The Same Hit

jrkong

If you're going to nail the Brakk with falloff damage the same should apply to the Bronco series should it not? Considering the Bronco Prime isn't exactly that much weaker then the Brakk in regards to overall physical damage should the Bronco series not take the same hit as well.

Quick edit before people take this the wrong way, this thread is mainly about the consistency between weapons. Since the Brakk and other shotguns suffer fall off damage shouldn't the Broncos as well? Sure the Broncos are weak but does that mean they should be different and not suffer fall off damage? If so then shouldn't the regular Strun have it's fall off damage removed as it's also roughly as strong as the Broncos as well.

Edited by jrkong

Broncos and their Prime counter part dont need a nerf. They have a wider spread than the Brakk and have damage fall off. No reason to nerf them. They're easily obtainable too. Get out of here with that noise, lol.

Edited by Shin_Ein

If you're going to nail the Brakk with falloff damage the same should apply to the Bronco series should it not? Considering the Bronco Prime isn't exactly that much weaker then the Brakk in regards to overall physical damage should the Bronco series not take the same hit as well.

it was not nerfed. you just cant snipe with it anymore. Last time i checked bronco did crap damage and bronco prime had such a wide spread youd be better throwing rocks at med-long range

What are you talking about? Its not like they were actually viable in the first place... I can't think of a single thing DE can do to put snipers on the same level as any other weapon.

snipers are great at supporting from the back and picking off heavies while letting everyone else deal with the regular mobs. snipers are very viable.

Ok, lets assume the Brakk needed a nerf, as did the shotguns a while ago. A fall off isn't that bad of an idea. What my issue with this solution is, shotguns aren't a damn spit gun, loosing half your damage after 15m is just ridiculous IMHO. Reduce fall of for both shotguns and the Brakk to lets say 25m. it does full damage up to 25m and the it gradually starts loosing its damage. Now, in order to be effective with shotguns or the Brakk I have to be in such close proximity to the enemy that I might as well hit them with the gun itself. It one shots level 40-50 stuff at 15m, and then suddenly at 17m it does 35-40 damage to the shields....really DE???

Broncos and their Prime counter part dont need a nerf. They have a wider spread than the Brakk and have damage fall off. No reason to nerf them. They're easily obtainable too. Get out of here with that noise, lol.

I tested my Dual Broncos and they don't have damage fall off. The problem that mainly needs to be addressed here is the consistency of DE and their weapons. If they wanted to add fall off damage to one shotgun pistol they should add it to all shotgun pistols.

Who have you been playing with? lol... needing a 'sniper' to deal with heavies hehehe

Its not about need, and yes viability.

Snipers are viable to act as support, and help out taking down heavies without the need to dip in an entire Soma clip, Im talking about high level content ofc. Low level anything deals well with heavies or any other class.

And there are people that enjoy using a sniper, so your solution isnt good at all.

I swear we've nearly reached that level of overreaction where people start sending death threats to the devs.

This is far from over reaction. We've asked for consistency, wether that be no falloff on hand cannons (with a fair trade off for Brakk, mind you), or to add falloff to all hand cannons (bronco series are currently the oly shotgun items with no falloff)

Its not about need, and yes viability.

Snipers are viable to act as support, and help out taking down heavies without the need to dip in an entire Soma clip, Im talking about high level content ofc. Low level anything deals well with heavies or any other class.

And there are people that enjoy using a sniper, so your solution isnt good at all.

I don't think the game is 'balanced' for the level of content you are discussing...

Edited by CloudPies

Quick edit before people take this the wrong way, this thread is mainly about the consistency between weapons. Since the Brakk and other shotguns suffer fall off damage shouldn't the Broncos as well? Sure the Broncos are weak but does that mean they should be different and not suffer fall off damage? If so then shouldn't the regular Strun have it's fall off damage removed as it's also roughly as strong as the Broncos as well.

Um... no.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/144565-brakk-bronco-and-bronco-prime-comparison/

Read through that first post. As for damage fall off, there's already a few here that have explained why Broncos don't need fall off to be balanced, but to reiterate: both Broncos' accuracy are very low, so their spread is huge. Long range = barely any pellets will actually hit. Brakk on the other hand, even with its new debuff in accuracy, has -double- the accuracy of both Broncos. Which means it's one HELL of a powerhouse up close, but thanks to its fall off, it can't do as much enormous damage long range.

This is far from over reaction. We've asked for consistency, wether that be no falloff on hand cannons (with a fair trade off for Brakk, mind you), or to add falloff to all hand cannons (bronco series are currently the oly shotgun items with no falloff)

Honestly I think 30m would have been a better range for the falloff myself if they went that way. But Bronco Prime does maybe half the dps that Brakk did and Brakk likely still outstrips it. And my statement was more in line with just the general overboard people have had. Turning it into nerf all the things because this got a nerf is pretty silly when they function a little different.

I tested my Dual Broncos and they don't have damage fall off. The problem that mainly needs to be addressed here is the consistency of DE and their weapons. If they wanted to add fall off damage to one shotgun pistol they should add it to all shotgun pistols.

I mean their damage falls off because of the huge spread, so giving them dmg fall off per shot is kind of silly. I've used Bronco Prime pretty much religiously since i got it months ago and it's consistently the best sidearm for my play style. It's spread literally blankets 1/3 of the entire screen with pellets past 15-20m. It's actually really good for dropping status on stuff now with dmg 2.0 when it's not blowing their faces off.

Um... no.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/144565-brakk-bronco-and-bronco-prime-comparison/

Read through that first post. As for damage fall off, there's already a few here that have explained why Broncos don't need fall off to be balanced, but to reiterate: both Broncos' accuracy are very low, so their spread is huge. Long range = barely any pellets will actually hit. Brakk on the other hand, even with its new debuff in accuracy, has -double- the accuracy of both Broncos. Which means it's one HELL of a powerhouse up close, but thanks to its fall off, it can't do as much enormous damage long range.

Besides the fact that it's completely irrelevant to the general reason why to why I'm advocating why the Broncos should get fall off damage that comparison is totally skewed. It's wrong to use the Broncos as a point of reference for the Brakk since they are a different "grade" of weapon. What you are trying to do with is just like comparing the Strun and the Hek or the Grataka and the Soma it's obvious there's going to be a gap in performance but I digress.

Similarly when DE nerfed the Brakk they could have quite easily added a lot of spread to it instead of adding fall off damage to put them in line with the Broncos. On the flip side DE could also add fall off on the Broncos but reduce the spread, what annoys me the most right now isn't the fact that the Brakk got nerfed as much as DE is being inconsistent. If DE just wanted to bring weapons back in line then explain why DE added fall off damage to all shotguns? Why would a weak shotgun like the Strun also take the hit when the Hek was obscenely stronger? Wouldn't just giving the Hek bring it back in line with the other weapons?

I mean their damage falls off because of the huge spread, so giving them dmg fall off per shot is kind of silly. I've used Bronco Prime pretty much religiously since i got it months ago and it's consistently the best sidearm for my play style. It's spread literally blankets 1/3 of the entire screen with pellets past 15-20m. It's actually really good for dropping status on stuff now with dmg 2.0 when it's not blowing their faces off.

Once again, this isn't about usability it's about consistency. If DE does something to one weapon of the class it should apply to everything of the class. Edited by jrkong

Besides the fact that it's completely irrelevant to the general reason why to why I'm advocating why the Broncos should get fall off damage that comparison is totally skewed. It's wrong to use the Broncos as a point of reference for the Brakk since they are a different "grade" of weapon. What you are trying to do with is just like comparing the Strun and the Hek or the Grataka and the Soma it's obvious there's going to be a gap in performance but I digress.

Similarly when DE nerfed the Brakk they could have quite easily added a lot of spread to it instead of adding fall off damage to put them in line with the Broncos. On the flip side DE could also add fall off on the Broncos but reduce the spread, what annoys me the most right now isn't the fact that the Brakk got nerfed as much as DE is being inconsistent. If DE just wanted to bring weapons back in line then explain why DE added fall off damage to all shotguns? Why would a weak shotgun like the Strun also take the hit when the Hek was obscenely stronger? Wouldn't just giving the Hek bring it back in line with the other weapons?

Once again, this isn't about usability it's about consistency. If DE does something to one weapon of the class it should apply to everything of the class.

There's no reason for them to do it to every weapon of it's class other than you seem you think that it needs to be done. That's what makes each of the weapons unique. It's their game, they can do what they want. They dont need to follow some conformist theory for the sake of consistency. If for some reason they do, that's fine. But do they need to? Nope.