Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Realism Of The Brakk Nerf Is Awesome. De Should Make It More Widespread.

413X

Everyone loves the new Brakk range falloff right?

I mean, its so "realistic" and fun, it should be applied to MORE weapons that should have a range limit.

The rest of the "shotgun pistols" goes without saying.... but what about the hand thrown weapons?

Like Hikous and Kunais and let's not forget the Despairs.

And of course arrows fired from bows also have traditionally been known to fall steadily downward after some travel time.

Of course, the real-life damage falloff isn't really as drastic as  what was used on the Brakk, but this is "selective" realism anyway. As the damage falloff fans (and we're ALL fans of this awesome concept aren't we?) are quick to point out, videogames tend to exaggerate the damage falloff for weapons like shotguns anyway. It's an industry standard apparently, and a sacred cow that must be worshipped.

We'll be able to have awesomeness like bows that use sniper ammo but have the range of a glaive. Or better yet, the kestrel. Heck, at that point it'd probably be more efficient to just pluck them from the quiver and throw them by hand, but that would just make the weapon into a set of oversized kunai, and we need variety in our game right? Because variety is good. And that means making lots of different models of guns that work like cheap fisher price toys, and melee weapons that work like they're contending to be a humane replacement for the devilish practice of tickle torture.

I cannot wait for this to be implemented (it's a foregone conclusion that it WILL be implemented given the enormous, nay UNANIMOUS support for damage falloff). And when it happens, DE can update their tagline. The old one was kind of stale anyway. "Waframe - Ninjas Play Free"?

When the last of these cool changes go live they can replace it with something REALLY catchy. "Warframe - Guns that fire BBs and swords that hit like oversized-fish."

The hipness of that alone will probably cause the player base to multiply by a factor of 1 billion. (People will be cloning themselves just to have a fresh new players to run Mercury missions with, while the rest of the solar map goes unexplored since it will be instant death to set foot outside the starter zone with the weapons we will have).

I'm so excited for this!!! And already bracing for the flood of upvotes.

**On a side note, Banshee does not really need SoundQuake. It's way too powerful for Warframe. Give her something more in character, like maybe  a Brown Noise ability that makes enemies void their bowels.

Also, Nova's Molecular Prime should just make enemies glitter like the vampires in Twlight. That would be so cool!

Edited by 413X

Full sarcasm load detected.

Also, Nova's Molecular Prime should just make enemies glitter like the vampires in Twlight. That would be so cool!

That would be okay, since it would make anyone wanted to shoot them more. And hack their dead bodies. And then shoot them some more.

DE never introduces weapon changes for realism. It's always a matter on whether a weapon is too weak or too strong. In this case, the faction of the player population that thought the Brakk was OP was much more vocal than the faction that did not agree. 

The lesson learned: Scream louder than the other guy to protect your guns.

Not sure if sarcasm or 100% srs.

In this case, I shall respond with the proposal that we also give Tenno jetpacks which consume fuel to use. This fuel is consumed at the rate of 33% per second, and needs to be refilled in the market.

It's sarcasm: I'm an ok shotgun user at best, and I can destroy targets out to 300 yards using a standard Remington 870 and slug loads.

To put that into perspective, I've seen rifle shots made at well over the mile mark by skilled competators.

Seems to me like a spoilt kid lashing out at the other children's toys because mommy and daddy took his away.

Most every Brakk user poured a solid amount of time (101 games worth in my case) into acquiring this weapon. Effort was undertaken to acquire it, it wasn't just given to us. We weren't entitled to a good weapon, we earned one.

On topic- literally my only problem with the Brakk changes is the addition of damage falloff. Changing of the damage values to favour impact? Ehhh. Don't like it too much, but it doesn't massively detract from the gun's capability. Just need to mod it differently. The increased bullet spread has already made it nearly impossible for me to hit anything past a certain range- why even bother with the damage falloff on top of that? I'm sick of shotguns impacting like marshmallows at longer than arm's length ranges. I started playing before the original shotgun nerf that added damage falloff, and those shotguns were fun. And I still used other things such as the Latron a lot back then, too.

Edited by Aeriax

Seems to me like a spoilt kid lashing out at the other children's toys because mommy and daddy took his away.

Noogums! Y u no love damage falloff? Blasphemy!

EVERYONE loves damage falloff!!! Apply it to everything that should "realistically" have it!

(On a non-sarcastic note, glad to see that most people have been able to understand that the main point of the thread was about the damage falloff mechanic as it applies to shotguns in total, and the responses of "it's realistic" by those who claim to be in favour of it, but really just want a specific weapon nerfed. As someone else mentioned in this thread, pellet spread should be the primary deterrent against shotgun sniping. Damage falloff mechanics are just silly unless they apply to the other weapon types that should have them as well. In which case we end up with a whole raft of weapons that become... well, less fun to use overnight. :D)

(On a non-sarcastic note, glad to see that most people have been able to understand that the main point of the thread was about the damage falloff mechanic as it applies to shotguns in total, and the responses of "it's realistic" by those who claim to be in favour of it, but really just want a specific weapon nerfed.

This is so true. A big part of the people complaining about the Brakk being OP were most probably just irrate because they didn't have the freaking weapon. And I think "damage fall-off" in it's current form should be renamed "how to neuter a weapon in 1 simple step". Sounds more accurate.

Hmmm sarcasm is strong with this one...

But you know, everything hes trying to point out is true, gun are being more and more useless as people complain about how "Over powered" they are, at low tier maps. Um you are using a gun, that is marked for tier 3 maps, and you complain about it being used in tier 1? Seriously people grow some nuts down there, and start using your dam brain for once. Also it would make sense to have damage fall off, when there is a map that have rooms that actually spans beyond 100+ meters in all directions, but there isnt, we go in, kill things in close quarter combat, and we leave that is it.

Damage fall off is just an a way for blaming the weapon, instead of the map construction.

OP, don't forget that melee weapons need to break if not properly maintained using market-only consumables and if they break, you lose the tater, formas, and mods on it permanently. Certain attacks run the risk of destroying the melee weapon outright.

I've seen this happen before, when they first introduced DMG fall off to shotguns. I even suggested that since shotguns can't snipe, snipers shouldn't hip fire and perform as well as a shotgun in close quarters. But the changes will hardly be reversed, its not a matter of real world physics, its not a matter of balance anymore, it's a matter of who DE is willing to listen to.

They chose to listen to the people who complained about how good the brakk was. Sucks, I spent 5 formas on mine. It was a reliable weapon for endgame content. But now, just as shotguns, I don't see a reason to bring it with me. I'm currently at a loss when choosing a loadout, because I really can't say I like any of the weapons at my disposal. There is nothing much to do but wait for the next batch of weapons, and hope theres something that will catch my eye, cuz right now... Eh...

My prediction for the next few updates:

- Due to the amount of complains, Valkyr will get the Mag threatment.

- Synapse will get rebalanced. People will valiantly keep trying to misdirect DE's aggro towards Soma, but eventually the people who cry the loudest will get the synapse down to Flux's level.

- Brakk will be left as is. A cool looking sharp confetti shooter. Because people need to melee and not everybody wants to use a Galatine and be Ash/Loki. The Brakk is here for you.

Good hunting, Tenno.

+1 nice work bro.(413X)  The Brakk should'nt have been touched at all its not a regular weapon.    IT'S AN EVENT REWARD !

It's a PVE game i don't know why they would even ponder the thought of nerfing a REWARD when the devs game glitches and has to be restarted multible times during a livecast. WTF are they thinking ? Why are they not fixing game glitches that we have been complaing about for a while now?

Why don't they  make it so you cant take reward weapons in PVP. Me and my wallet have left way better games for pulling the same crap than this POS game. Hey i got it make the Brakk like the glaive so I can throw it and do more damage.

It's sarcasm: I'm an ok shotgun user at best, and I can destroy targets out to 300 yards using a standard Remington 870 and slug loads.

To put that into perspective, I've seen rifle shots made at well over the mile mark by skilled competators.

Of course it's sarcasm. My post was also sarcasm.

What you ignore, for some reason, is the fact that the game is too violent and gory for the said children who ask for weapon nerfs all the time. Change bullets to rubber ones, add knock-out state instead of death. Add boxing gloves and soft-padded helmets, remove sharp and pointy melee weapons. All hail damage 3.0 and non-lethal weapons!

I'm actually a little confused by that post, Myocarde.

Who are the real children? Those that seek balance or those that dislike change for the equality of the game?

Some questions are better left unanswered, and some mysteries are better left unsolved. =P Like i said in another post and topic, instead of re-balancing the weapons (bad, underperforming ones, really needing to be taken care of) and aligning them with mastery (because the harder a gun is to get right now, the crappier it is), the developers of this game just nerf all the good (fun to use) ones to the point of non-usability, so the rest of the weapon pool does not look as crappy in comparison. I am strongly against nerfs from these developers, because they tend to overdo it. I am for buffing and re-balancing bad weapons instead.

What all the "Brakk dilemma event" did and does show, is not how op the Brakk was, it's how low/underperforming other guns' damage is.

In short terms, "the balance" in it's curent state would be an inventory full of crappy useless weapons. So both the "seekers" and children achieve pretty much the same thing, because how the developers interpret their words (all the cries for a "nerf").

I'm actually a little confused by that post, Myocarde.

Who are the real children? Those that seek balance or those that dislike change for the equality of the game?

Considering that the point of this thread is the damage falloff mechanic (which applies to all shotguns and Brakk and seemingly is slated to be applied to ALL pistol shotguns) and poking fun at the "it's for realism" apologists, I don't think it's just Myocarde's post that has got you confused.

Just to remind you in case you have forgotten. the "Brakk Nerf" consisted of 3 things:

1. Changing from an equal distribution between all 3 physical damage types to favour Impact damage (no longer a gun for all scenarios),

2. Increased pellet spread

3. Damage falloff

The point of this thread is to talk specifically about item 3 not just in terms of Brakk but all shotguns, interspersed with numerous digs at the "It's For Realism" apologists, as I mentioned earlier. Yes, there is someone who posted "un-nerf the Brakk", but that could have also been meant as "remove Damage Falloff", I can't be sure since I am no mind reader.

And as I did sort of cover (somewhat sarcastically) in my very first post, nerfing things to the ground is not balancing a game either. You'll just end up with a game where people are good at beginning to late middle-tier levels and get slaughtered on the really high level content.

Balancing a game should not be just about tweaking weapon stats. That's a childishly simplistic view You can also balance a game by opening up some levels into shooting galleries where Corpus enemies can fill the air with ten billion beams of hot laser death from the distance and any tenno trying to pick them off with pellet-spread shotguns is going to deplete their entire ammo supply and maybe kill three or five. A distance where an iron-skinned rhino trying to charge and close the distance for optimal shotgun use is going to be skinned alive and then broiled alive. That would conceivably make sniper rifles, or even automatic rilfes with the increased zoom mod, preferable over shotguns. Of course, some may suggest that Frost and his prime counterpart would own such a map regardless by just snowglobing across... that's what anti-moas and their shockwave bolts are for.

Of course, the goal of a balanced game is not to make it so that you can only win by bringing a sniper rifle. Frost should still be able to use mods to make a really big snowglobe that can keep him safe from anti-moa fire while standing in the exact middle or thereabouts. Of course, such a large snowglobe is going to easily allow uninvited guests inside where they can freely open fire on Frostie. Decisions, decisions.

Similarly, there should be enough cover for Rhino to make it to the other side with a Brakk if he really wants to. but only by taking so much time that any tenno with sniper rifles/rifles with zoom mods could have picked off most of the enemy already. Rhino can be a glorified cleaning lady and clear up the dregs. :D

Invi frames like Loki and Ash would still be broken though. Hmm.... well, I suppose the devs could always come up with something suitable unpleasant in the form of a new enemy type to hunt them down, mwaha.

EDIT: just had a thought for anti-invisibility unit. Maybe a corpus equivalent of grineer informer. Cloaked, but then uncloaks periodically to send out a scanning burst in a radius around it. That way the invisible frames can't kill it ahead of hand, and have only like maybe 1 second to shoot it down after it uncloaks before it blows their cover. Mwhaahahhahahahahahaha... 

Edited by 413X