Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Supra Is Not A Weapon To Be Considered Atm

yarash2110

i like that you are almost the only nice person commenting, thank you

Hey, I never insulted anyone.  I merely think the Supra is fine as it is.

The gun needs a buff as it's pretty bad in several ways.

The bullets clog up the screen with too many lights.

The gun is wildly inaccurate. (You can't just burst fire because shots will still miss due to random recoil)

Bullets are slow enough for someone to dodge them within 5 meter.

The supra is powerful as it is.  That said, I wouldn't be opposed to giving the Supra good accuracy until it revs up, allowing you to single shot or burst fire it.  This was how the Gorgon used to work.

But the same adjustment should be made to the Gorgon, Cestra, and possibly the Soma as well.

You want Supra? get Cestra better in every aspect far better accuracy / reload / fly rate / recources / mods

And if you say it has less damage than Supra (wich is true ) let me introduce the amazing and far superior in 

every aspect of the pistol mods 

I have 3 forma on mine and melts anything pics: http://imgur.com/a/0kYYz

Can your super expensive time consuming / nerve breaking / farming Supra do that?No i dnt think so :D

You want Supra? get Cestra better in every aspect far better accuracy / reload / fly rate / recources / mods

And if you say it has less damage than Supra (wich is true ) let me introduce the amazing and far superior in 

every aspect of the pistol mods 

I have 3 forma on mine and melts anything pics: http://imgur.com/a/0kYYz

Can your super expensive time consuming / nerve breaking / farming Supra do that?No i dnt think so :D

And better status chance / crit chance / reload

But it seems the Supra doesn't need a buff because inferior mechanics are counterbalanced by inferior damage.

And it's really great if you have rhino, trinity, ash or loki. You can get into shotgun range and spray things with bullets.

You can't aim at weak spots because sprayfire... and you'll still miss some shots because of the travel time.

But that's fine because sometimes enemies are sitting ducks or run at you in a straight line, you'll hit nearly 50% of your shots.

But that's ok, you'll only need 3-5x as much ammo as any other weapon. That's again counterbalanced by inferior crit/proc chance and damage.

Can't say anything bad about Supra, it's a really great weapon considering mastery rank and costs. In the hands of a skilled player it can bring nearly 50% of it's theoretical dps to the field. Enjoy

I once made a thread about the Akbolto. Akbolto costs more plats than Dual Vastos.

*and before some blurts out that's reasonable, I've used both and Dual Vastos are far far superior

The unfortunate truth of the situation is that each weapon in this game needs to be hollistically scaled again.

But that's Soon™.

Isn't that more to do with now the main purpose of Bolt and Arrows, ignoring armour, is not longer a feature? Amusingly enough turns out the Braton out performed the Boltor(in dps and bolt vs hitscan) at even fighting Grineer because the bolts no longer bypass a unit's armour.

It doesn't need anything.  It takes skill to use.  If you have the skill to use it, it's an extremely powerful weapon.

This game is already gear-based enough as it is.  Can we please not remove what little talent requirements there are?

b-b-but what if skill and technique isn't rewarded?

All guns have it's ups and downs. And some guns have more preferences to some people. Me? I generally don't like wind up or charge up guns so I only get it for the mastery and then sell it/delete it like a trojan virus.

The only exception to this are bows and crossbows (balistica)...and I guess the Ogris.....but even with the Ogris I feel it's weird to have that charge... ehh...

It doesn't need anything.  It takes skill to use.  If you have the skill to use it, it's an extremely powerful weapon.

This game is already gear-based enough as it is.  Can we please not remove what little talent requirements there are?

You think this game takes SKILL?  Seriously?  Wow.

The supra is powerful as it is.  That said, I wouldn't be opposed to giving the Supra good accuracy until it revs up, allowing you to single shot or burst fire it.  This was how the Gorgon used to work.

But the same adjustment should be made to the Gorgon, Cestra, and possibly the Soma as well.

hm. that sounds pretty good. 

oh, and the Soma already does that. at all times. it's accuracy is always nigh pinpoint. 

You want Supra? get Cestra better in every aspect

that's nothing new, Pistols in Warframe have this innate incessant need to be better than rifles in every single possible way for some reason.

i absolutely don't agree that they should, but they do. 

now, in comparison to the Gorgon, for theoretical damage output, perhaps the Supra could use a little bit more damage, since both without mods, when the Gorgon gets a Crit, that Crit will do more damage than Supra does. now a lot more, but it is more, and that does seem a bit perturbing considering that Supra is Clantech and the Gorgon is a 'run of the mill' Machine Gun.

but, it's not Supra that is the root of the problem. it's many of the other weapons around it, that were added in after it, and made shiny diamonds by having higher numbers for no reason at all. 

Supra itself, is balanced quite well in this new damage system. some other weapons that would be compared to Supra, not so much.

and i still don't think Supra needs faster projectiles. i like them as they are, i can fire off a short volley, and an enemy at even medium range will walk right into every single projectile.

reload though.... since your character is only removing a battery(or something similar), and replacing it with a new one, and that's it, the reload might be a bit silly, and could be sped up a bit.

Soma's description says it fires high-caliber rounds. And the bullets in the magazine appear tiny.

Which means according to the future technology, those tiny bullets are relatively high-caliber.

Which means the bolts and arrows (which are bigger than Soma bullets) should have

MUCH more reason to be stronger than they are now.

hm. perhaps... a unique trait, rather than just 'more dapplage'. perhaps they should actually Ignore Armor! atleast part of it. such as 30%(exactly equal to Corrosive Projection).

or, perhaps something else. but they had a unique trait about them before, so having one again, should be in the cards.

(no, ballistic projectiles isn't a unique trait, there's other weapons that do the same thing but aren't Bolt weapons)

Bolt weapons need an innovative or just plain stat buff.

*Akbolto costs more plats than Dual Vastos btw xP

that may be the case, but continuing on the circle of 'increase the numbers on everything in sight' only continues to further increase all of the numbers.

which achieves nothing, other than increasing memory usage a few Megabytes each time. 

things need to be reasonably comparable to each other, called balance. balance includes increasing numbers, decreasing numbers, as well as adding and removing numbers.

there's more than one option in balancing.

i know how difficult balancing is, i've had the task of doing so in the past. it's extremely difficult, especially when(not even if) you get attached to some of the content that you really like the concept of yourself(like how Scott seems to be attached to Soma). then your balancing is no longer objective.

but! that's what multiple people are for. 

however despite being extremely difficult, balancing is a crucial part of almost every game(also a very rewarding one, getting to a plateau of relative evenness is like defeating some giant demonspawn). but this doesn't really even mean in regards to everything dealing the same 'Deeps', as different equipment can operate at a different level but still feel balanced, provided there are traits to equipment that sets them apart from the rest. 

You think this game takes SKILL?  Seriously?  Wow.

Yes, the post you quoted that mentioned how this game is mostly gear-based and has very little in the way of skill requirements is in fact saying the entire game takes skill, despite them talking about a single gun being harder to aim than other guns.

Yes, the post you quoted that mentioned how this game is mostly gear-based and has very little in the way of skill requirements is in fact saying the entire game takes skill, despite them talking about a single gun being harder to aim than other guns.

Random recoil can't be compensated for.So you can't really get good with it because it's not predictable. It just means you have to spray more in close range to kill enemies and that is hardly using more skill.

This random recoil can make your shot miss a small camera several times before actually hitting it with single fire.

Its need more bullet speed that is for sure.

Why do you think that will make it better? :/ It just means more random recoil and hitting solo enemies will be impossible because it'll hit the walls around it. This is not a shotgun, it's a rifle. Learn to tell the difference between them.

No, it doesn't need an increase in accuracy, the Supra acts like a heavy lazer light machine gun should, I love seeing that wall of lazors hurling towards a huge mob of enemies, and huge mobs of enemies is where the Supra shines, even more so if you slap on a Shred and if modded right, destroys everything in front of it.

I just want to see a slight increase to projectile speed to be at least as fast as the Dera or even the Cestra.

There's nothing more satisfying than to sit in front of a doorway and watch a sea of Grineer plow through it, not even 3 seconds later, they're all dead.

Supra + Shred is your best friend, not accuracy.

Edited by __Kanade__

Why do you think that will make it better? :/ It just means more random recoil and hitting solo enemies will be impossible because it'll hit the walls around it. This is not a shotgun, it's a rifle. Learn to tell the difference between them.

Faster projectile speed =/= faster rof.

Faster projectiles means less overall deviation because ToT (time on target) is faster and it gives the enemies less chance to dodge it. 

And the Supra is closer to a classic suppressive fire machine gun.

Put shred on it and just shoot through the walls to kill someone.

The supra first of all needs a massive accuracy buff for someone to even think "i should get this"

And what i suggest doing is making it into electricity damage, making it a different and better weapon,

Write your opinion in the comments and thank you for reading

2 problems with this, though i do agree with the supra in need of a buff, but not with these.

The supra was design as a mob killer weapon, built to suppress the enemy, or kill them if they are stupid enough to step out into the wall of energy bolts that would eventually tear though them. There are many things that the supra is lacking, but the two you have shown here is not the solution, why?

- well i already told you for accuracy, if you have been reading.

- eletric base damage in my opinion is a nerf, anything that has elemental base damage is a nerf, why? because you cannot go the other way with that damage, you cannot go piercing, puncture, or even impact damage, yet the three base damages can go elemental damages, which gives it a high advantage over any elemental base gun.

failed examples of elemental base weapons are:

- Acrid.

- Lanka.

It will force you to deal in specalized equipment for one type of group, sadly the lanka is better to be used on Corpus troops, but the problem with that is their heads are so full of metal, that if you shoot them, it would just simply bounce off. As for the Acrid, though its poison is effective against the grineer, sometimes without its piercing damage during damage 1.0, it takes several more shots to take down a weak level 20, compair to before it would take far less.

Elemental base guns are just a nerf, and its a bad idea for any gun, unless you have a flamethrower (ignis). Though sadly the Ignis also has a 1% status chance, meaning 1 of a 100 rounds, you would set an enemy on fire, in my opinion thats a load of crap.

they did not talk about this game being gear based, infact, they said the weapon requiers more skill then others, so yeah

2 problems with this, though i do agree with the supra in need of a buff, but not with these.

The supra was design as a mob killer weapon, built to suppress the enemy, or kill them if they are stupid enough to step out into the wall of energy bolts that would eventually tear though them. There are many things that the supra is lacking, but the two you have shown here is not the solution, why?

- well i already told you for accuracy, if you have been reading.

- eletric base damage in my opinion is a nerf, anything that has elemental base damage is a nerf, why? because you cannot go the other way with that damage, you cannot go piercing, puncture, or even impact damage, yet the three base damages can go elemental damages, which gives it a high advantage over any elemental base gun.

failed examples of elemental base weapons are:

- Acrid.

- Lanka.

It will force you to deal in specalized equipment for one type of group, sadly the lanka is better to be used on Corpus troops, but the problem with that is their heads are so full of metal, that if you shoot them, it would just simply bounce off. As for the Acrid, though its poison is effective against the grineer, sometimes without its piercing damage during damage 1.0, it takes several more shots to take down a weak level 20, compair to before it would take far less.

Elemental base guns are just a nerf, and its a bad idea for any gun, unless you have a flamethrower (ignis). Though sadly the Ignis also has a 1% status chance, meaning 1 of a 100 rounds, you would set an enemy on fire, in my opinion thats a load of crap.

lanka is an amazing weapon, probebly highest damage pershot in the game, for infested, and even more on corpus and grineer, because theyre two combanations requier electricity you will have a massive damage with a massive damage increase, and with infested, you'l do just fine as well, because of the massive damage everything scales from, acrid suck because they nerfed it to the ground because it was that op

Faster projectile speed =/= faster rof.

Faster projectiles means less overall deviation because ToT (time on target) is faster and it gives the enemies less chance to dodge it. 

And the Supra is closer to a classic suppressive fire machine gun.

Put shred on it and just shoot through the walls to kill someone.

enemies dont need to dodge bulets that don't hit the target, besides, faster travel time does not mean faster rate of fire, the bullets will hit later but all of them will hit, its like you started shooting a few seconds after, compared to using with dera or cestra

Supra works just fine as it is for me. It absolutely tears up Grineer and armored bosses. I tear through Grineer bosses especially quickly with it. Sure some of the shots miss but I think it's jut extra obvious since they're not hitscan rounds. I really don't have any complaints. It's just as efficient at equal levels with Soma as far as I can tell.

it has the worst accuracy in the game because thats the grace of using a heavy ****ing laser machinegun with high firerate and firePOWER

ever heard the "up close and personal" or "in your face" kind of style? well that is what its intended for

Question: Why the heck does a LASER machinegun have so much recoil, the slowest projectile travel time in the game, and such low accuracy? It's a laser gun for crying out loud.

Logically a weapon that fires lasers would have no recoil and no spread and have its projectiles arrive at target at the speed of light (literally)

But in any case, all the Supra really needs is an accuracy buff to make it semi-viable

Supra works just fine as it is for me. It absolutely tears up Grineer and armored bosses. I tear through Grineer bosses especially quickly with it. Sure some of the shots miss but I think it's jut extra obvious since they're not hitscan rounds. I really don't have any complaints. It's just as efficient at equal levels with Soma as far as I can tell.

indeed, it hits targets at medium range fine, it chews enemies up damn effectively, it just works well.

i don't even like Machine Guns, but Supra is enjoyable to use.

and yes, a few rounds do miss. but even at medium range, i find ~85%+ of the projectiles hit on target. that's pretty good considering how spammy it is.

Question: Why the heck does a LASER machinegun have so much recoil, the slowest projectile travel time in the game, and such low accuracy? It's a laser gun for crying out loud.

Logically a weapon that fires lasers would have no recoil and no spread and have its projectiles arrive at target at the speed of light (literally)

maybe because another hitscan spool up Machine Gun would have been redundant. atleast this way Supra is a ballistic projectile spool up Machine Gun.

Write your opinion

I prefer facts:

Damage 2.0 Spreadsheet

Best Equipment

Rifle: Supra (but only after polarization and if you don't mind the travel time, until then, Soma is best)

Sniper: Lanka (for single-target damage) or Snipetron Vandal (for general use)

Bow: Dread

Shotgun: Boar Prime

Primary: Boar Prime

Secondary: Brakk

Melee: Galatine

Supra is one of the best rifles in the game currently.

Edited by Archistopheles