Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lanka Needs A Change

LegendairyWarframe

From my experience, it has a good base damage, but two second charging time made base damage into joke compare to any gun. Even Vectis with only Charged Chamber does 245 damage per shot compared to Lanka's 250, and Vectis reloads faster then Lanka's charging speed.

Has a 10 round magzine, but charging shot really render the large magzine useless, since every shot is reloading process. Not only is the large magzine useless, it really render the benefit of Charged Chamber to a minimal.

The shot has a travel time, any slight lag, will cause most hits to miss, compare to Vectis pinpoint accuracy.

I would suggest:

Remove the 10 round magzine, since it's useless in it situation, instead, draws ammo directly from ammo pool;

Instead of  2 second charging time, have a  2 second cool down between shots;

Remove the projectile travel time, it shoot electricity at lightning speed, which should be faster then bullets. 

The only thing that lanka needs is puncture on its own and the only problem i see here again is the vectis beeing a powercreep like the soma, both need a nerf or lanka and other weapons need a buff

Edited by tigrex

personally i want a new model for Lanka. also "i like 2 second cool down per each shot" is a good idea.

p/s: should add lazer sight for lanka replace of charging light effect infront of the barrel

Changing it that much you might as well make it a different weapon.

Changing it that much you might as well make it a different weapon.

The new model is well overdue, especially since the Corpus aren't running around with Snipetrons anymore.  The cooldown would set it apart, and I like the thought of cooldown on energy weapons.

--------------------------------

Not really trying to pounce on you here, it's just that 3 different weapons use the same model currently.  Leave the Sniptrons, shift the Lanka.  Makes sence to me.

The new model is well overdue, especially since the Corpus aren't running around with Snipetrons anymore. The cooldown would set it apart, and I like the thought of cooldown on energy weapons.

--------------------------------

Not really trying to pounce on you here, it's just that 3 different weapons use the same model currently. Leave the Sniptrons, shift the Lanka. Makes sence to me.

So you want to change Lankas model even if there more Lankas in use than Sniptrons. Makes no sense to me. Since it would

1. cause more flamewars and qq

2. snipetron was a concept failure from the begining

- changing/fixing glowing charge indicator (buged currently)

- initial puncture would be nice and ok for that travel speed

anything beyond isnot worth effort and would be better with new rifle.

Edited by Voidflow

It still has it's old crit value, the display is UI issue from what a bunch of posters have said.  Still crits for me, at least.

This is correct, just a UI display bug. I'm still getting crits with huge damage numbers regularly.

The projectile travel time doesn't bother me actually. I think the intent is that it's supposed to be a plasma launcher, not a railgun. I would agree that the charge light indicator needs to be fixed for better handling.