Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Charger Overpowered?

REXAMORA

Ive been playing warframe,then comes the Charger in the invested,

he is fast,strong,and lots of health,especially in groups

i have a lot of problems with this,why not make them fast strong BUT low health

thats fair.like charger and runners have low heath but annoying,ancient healer

,distruptor,and toxichave a high health and slow,and easy to run away from it.but

charger,they're too anoying,soo,do you guys agree??

well its my opinion idk about you

feel free to decide which the easiest and hardest invester

Chargers are fine, Ancients could do with a little buff (though the energy leech is anoying), leapers need to do more damage. Runners need a serious overhaul, cause the explosion of the runners does not do much damage compared to the level they are and how easy they can be dispatched, they are more like a kamikaze-one-time-stagger-event than a real enemy. Crawlers are like landmines... landmines that are brightly colored and easy to spot... so no one ever dies to them, maybe put them on the ceiling and make them drop down on the Tenno, that way maybe they can do some damage to the player.

Of course i'm playing melee focused with a big shotgun for backup when fighting infested, so my opinion might be biased, as i'm using a rather optimal loadout to fight them.

I'm sure that chargers are a easy to kill with heavy weapon charge melee which prevent stunlock. Furthermore, slide melee works pretty well against them. If all else fail, dodge and begin to charge melee again from relatively safe area. They're pretty tough as a canon fodder but still manageable with proper gear.

Just beware of got surround and repeatedly stunned. That's death sentence.

Wait for a Hek/Scindo/Fragor user to arrive. Oh, one has already arrived

I also use a heat sword from time to time and it's pretty effective :/ it's just that a scindo with almost all of the mod slots fitted with melee damage is kinda... effective :/ I'm just stating my opinion on this and suggesting a way to counter the problem as it is now. D: Not like some jerk who goes : - OMG you are soo noob saying chargers are hard to deal with <.< and doesn't even give advice.

Edited by TheArchAngel

I also use a heat sword from time to time and it's pretty effective :/ it's just that a scindo with almost all of the mod slots fitted with melee damage is kinda... effective :/ I'm just stating my opinion on this and suggesting a way to counter the problem as it is now. D: Not like some jerk who goes : - OMG you are soo noob saying chargers are hard to deal with <.< and doesn't even give advice.

If you're filling up a Scindo with Melee Damage, I don't think you're doing it right.

Hey if something works why bother questioning it.

Because you can buff your melee damage plenty with warframe mods. Better to go with heavy attack mods since they go up to 50% (whereas melee damage mods go up to 25%) and the scindo's strength is its 200 base dmg heavy charge that can hit multiple enemies at once.

Edited by Aggh

It's not that the charger is overpowered, it is that the charger + any other rushing infected is unbalanced. The unbalance is that they get in the way quickly or stun you and suddenly whatever else is rushing hits you. There is very little avoidance possible.

Quite simply, because of chargers, everyone knows about jumping on top of a box. It's a ridiculous issue that came up because at some point everyone has avoided chargers. You can take them straight up with some decent weapons and practice, but it gets very boring, and a single mistake means you are jumping on a box.

They are a decent addition, but with the spawn rates and locations and that they tip the scales whenever they get alerted, it makes infected missions a major annoyance. There is challenge, but there is also annoyance. Adjusting them to reduce that annoyance factor is a bit difficult, but a few things probably should be adjusted to reduce the hassle. Otherwise, you will still find a lot of players jumping on boxes.

I actually find chargers to be really fun. They add an exciting swarm mentality to the infested levels which forces you to keep moving to prevent being surrounded.

Also, chargers are not that difficult as long as you keep moving. Just yesterday, I took out probably two dozen chargers in a small room with no boxes with a bronco-wielding loki at Ceres. And if you are finding difficultly in killing these guys, you can always jump on a box. While this tactic is kind of shunned upon, I honestly don't know why. I could beat the level by constantly running backwards or I could just jump on a box. I would personally like to see some way for the infected to knock you off of a box.

And, the runners are a joke, but that should be saved for another thread.

I actually find chargers to be really fun. They add an exciting swarm mentality to the infested levels which forces you to keep moving to prevent being surrounded.

Also, chargers are not that difficult as long as you keep moving. Just yesterday, I took out probably two dozen chargers in a small room with no boxes with a bronco-wielding loki at Ceres. And if you are finding difficultly in killing these guys, you can always jump on a box. While this tactic is kind of shunned upon, I honestly don't know why. I could beat the level by constantly running backwards or I could just jump on a box. I would personally like to see some way for the infected to knock you off of a box.

And, the runners are a joke, but that should be saved for another thread.

Leaper can knock you off a box but they need to worship Sungod Rah first. Not really threatening.