Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Many Rare 5's Does It Take To Max Rank 10 Rare Mods!?

Ryujin

Does anyone else see this a slightly overkill. I mean we get around 0-5 cores in one mission while killing everything. These cores can range from common 3 to rare 5 and there's a far higher chance you would get commons . 

They are meant to be hard to max.

It is an endgame thing really for Warframe.

After all, other than the 4 basic rank 10 mods, there are many more corrupted mods and outliers like Equilibrium etc that are rank 10 as well.

It is expected that the average player with enough time can max his 4 basic rank 10 mods and having the rest in rank 6 to 8.

Rank 9 to 10 is very fusion core heavy.

I have the credits but I lack the cores ! 

And going from rank 8 to rank 10 cost enough cores to let me bring up other rank 10 mods to at least rank 8 !

Edited by fatpig84

Keep in mind that a rank 8 mod is more than sufficient for many things even including T3 defense or survival. Rank 8 mods are 25% of the fusion core and credit cost of a rank 10 mod, and 87-89% as efficient as a rank 10 mod. It's only the end-game players who really find it worthwhile to dedicate 4 times the cores and credits for a 12-15% gain. Everything that the game is designed for is still within bounds with a quarter of the time and effort spent.

Credit/core cost of maxing one rank 10 serration is equal to the core/credit cost of getting Vitality, Redirection, and Hornet Strike to rank 8 and Serration to rank 9. It's just an end-game thing.

As a side note, if you're unwilling to spend the time and resources required to max out all of the 10 rank rifle/pistol mods, a more attractive option is to get yourself a shotgun. The highest you'll usually see a shotgun mod go is up to rank 5, and it doesn't take nearly as much effort to completely max out your shotgun of choice in comparison to the costs of maxing out a rifle.

And yet, those on the trading channel keep calling me a liar, noob;

While I tell them it cost me more then 400 uncommon 5 to max a Serration and hornet.

And on the side note, I dumped 700+C3, 250+UC5+500 polarity card + 1.3M credit into Heavy calibur, and it's only rank 9 and half.

Edit: Current Rare 5 cost 3-5 plat each, that minimum 396x3=1188 plat, 396x5=1980 plat.

So, to those calling me a liar, and noob when ever they see my name, wanting 1000 plat for Rare 10 card, 500 plat for uncommon 10 card, 200 for common 10 card is not expensive, and rip off.

Edit: And stop offering me 65, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 350 plat for my maxed serration, and calling me names when you don't agree to the price.

Edit: Just went testing C3, UC5 and R5 fusion ratings, UC5=about 3 C3, R5= slightly more then 5 C3.

Done by using fusing a rare card, measuring the slide bar fuelled by different cores.

Edited by JudgeN

After all, other than the 4 basic rank 10 mods, there are many more corrupted mods and outliers like Equilibrium etc that are rank 10 as well.

It is expected that the average player with enough time can max his 4 basic rank 10 mods and having the rest in rank 6 to 8.

Rank 9 to 10 is very fusion core heavy.

You have a #*($%%@ up definition of average.

Maxed rank 10 mods aren't needed for any real content though.

Btw, every rank costs twice as much as the previous rank, meaning it costs the same to rank a mod from 0 to 9 as it does from 9 to 10.

Also, ranking up uncommon costs twice as much as common and ranking up rare costs twice as much as uncommon.

fatpig84, on 10 Dec 2013 - 8:42 PM, said:

They are meant to be hard to max.

It is an endgame thing really for Warframe.

That sounds so depressing. Warframe's endgame is maxing out mods by collecting craptons of fusion cores? I don't think even DE is that cynically skinner box about the game. If that really is Warframe's endgame then put a fork in it, it's done, because that is an attempt to surpass Korean MMO grind levels of uninteresting, uninspired tripe.

Whatever, the mod system is already borked. Hopefully DE will swallow their pride and admit it needs to be completely overhauled once they actually add an endgame and before they decide to bring the game out of beta... yeah, like (any of) that will ever happen at this rate.