Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Dev Livestream #19!

[DE]Rebecca

Q : why did ya have to make this new damage 2.0 so complicated, and why do we have to go to player created Wikis to get detailed info on how things work,??

its really not very proffesionel, i have to rely on other players to get detailed (and well explained) descriptions of how things work, in YOUR game,

why dont you display this sort of info >INGAME in the codex???

6am Saturday morning in Australia, I'll be there coffee in hand :)

YAY! I'll be there.

*prepares a giant wall of questions* c:

I thought and thought, but the only thing I would like answered is: Trinity is my favorite Warframe (am I allowed to say that without blowing up the universe?) and the current HUD makes using her difficult. Will the new HUD fix this issue?

EDIT: WAIT! Add Orokin Cells to the Orokin Void. It's odd that the one place they're most likely to be, aren't.

EDIT: I withdrew my last question; Looks like we'll be seeing the new HUD tomorrow. I'm pretty excited about that!

I would also like to see the Cells drop from its namesake.

As for your love for Trinity, go right ahead, my friend Mudtoad also plays a Trinity and he loves her and plays her really well....."BLAST" there goes the universe twice lol.. ;)

Xylar

Q: With the complexity of Damage 2.0 (even with the more recent updates), instead of confusing gamers with elemental resistances have you simply considered removing elemental damage from elemental mods entirely and letting them exist for their status effects alone?

More detail:

I can appreciate some enemies/bosses having resistances/vulnerabilities to certain status effects, but elemental damage itself seems like a complexity unnecessary for the player to be concerned with, and adds twice as much work for you to balance.

By removing elemental damage from mods, elemental mods could function as simply as chance to inflict a status effect (based on rank), and can be combined to do different status effects as already implemented. Damage would then only derive from modification to the base damage types (impact/puncture/slash) vs armor/shield/health specifically. 

Doing so would give you less to balance and actually provide some diversity between types of gameplay choices. For example player A has modded a weapon to do high damage/dps alone and no CC, while player B has a weapon modded high chance of status effect and base damage. Players A and B together can get quite far as a team as one CCs and the other makes the kills.

Not everything is solved with the idea, other problems will still exist and need to be balanced appropriately (such as preventing weapons that are supreme at both aspect, but providing weapons that can be balanced at both CC and Damage if fully modded), but its just a consideration that may help you avoid having to spend so much dev time on this problem and let players get on without frustration that the system will be further modified.

Complexity doesn't always equal depth. If the solution is too difficult, remove it. Move on.

Now that both Grineer and Corpus have received unique planets that offer new enemy types, can we expect the infested to get some updates such as a new infested planet that isnt tied to keys, new mutations, or new tactics added on to old enemies? Would love to see infested get some love after all the nerfs they've been through.

Q1) Can we expect a rework a buff/nerf on any current existing warframes on their powers or stats?

Q2) Also, can you give us a couple of hints on what is upcoming in U11.5? maybe a bit of U12 as well? :)

Q3) Are the infested invasions going to happen on a daily basis or is this just testing to see if we like the event and would like to be in the actual game?

Recently there have been a number of concepts for warframes and weapons that have shone above the rest, such as the Zephyr Frame by Volkovyi and the beautiful katana design by Rasputin29. So my question is, somewhere in the future may there be a way for the community to vote on there favourite community concept artworks and see any of them included in the game? (Similar to have CS:GO and Valve are handling weapon skins).

Also, where's my marksman's grace mod >:D

(https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/144702-mod-idea-marksmans-grace/#entry1715035)

I'm enjoying the new damage system, I think it adds another layer to the game and means everyone wont just use the same weapon.  However, the only thing I think that needs tweeked are the status chances.  If we're going to be investing all those mod points into two slots to get a proc then we need more proc chance than we currently have.  I mean some have less than 5%.  Perhaps the +status chance mods shouldn't be a % of the current status, but should be on top of the weapon stat.  So if it's a 5% chance adding a 10% chance mod wont be 10% of 5% but 15% in total.

Q. Will the Status chances be increased across the board?  Because I think they need to be :)

Parry System:

Q1- Are there any plans to remove or improve mods associated with the parry system?

or

Q2-The parry system functions poorly with or without the mods corresponding to it; are there plans to improve the parry system?

Innate Elemental Weapons:

Q1- When can we expect fixes for innate elemental weapons?

Mod Values:

Q1- Elemental mod values range from 60%-90%, will physical mod values be increased to these levels?

Q2- Status chance mods provide marginal benefits, will the values on these mods be increased?

Spawn Mechanics:

Q1- Current spawn mechanics negatively impact the range of acceptable and effeicent playstyles; will these mechanics be changed or improved?

Q2- Spawn mechanics in the void magnify issues with the system. Will different types of tilesets be give their own spawn mechanics?

Balancing:

Q1- Balancing is important and its inevitable that time and resource investment by players be lost to some extent for the sake of balance. Will DE ever provide a list of weapons and frames flagged for balancing to curb the loss of player investment?

Mastery Rank Requirements:

Q1- The majority of weapons have innappropriate mastery ranks. Can players expect to see weapons balanced to reflect mastery rank requirement?

Q2- There are older but powerful weapons with low mastery ranks. Considering the higher level of player investment, can players expect these weapons to rise in mastery rank requirement?

Polarities:

Q1- The order of polarities has become important in damage 2.0. Considering the level of player investment prior to damage 2.0, will players be able to move these polarities at will?

If not

Q2- Does DE have any plans regarding the polarity and forma system?

Codex:

Q1- Will the void be added to the codex?

Login Rewards:

Q1- Will login rewards ever scale to mastery rank?

Q2- Are there any plans to make login rewards more dynamic?

Damage 2.0:

Q1- When can players expect damage 2.0 to be complete in terms of balancing, mastery rank requirements, and mod values?

(will edit if updates address anythying or I think of more questions)

This pretty much sums up all of my concerns at the moment however I do believe the polarity slot issue is being worked on. It was mentioned in the dev workshop https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/143902-entry-5-dec-52013-quick-update/

Stealth? Will there be more (any)?

Without lighting and FoV being that important, as well as the speed>cover mechanic I see it as being a hard thing to pull off. How ever I don't think the community would mind also being able to use cover/lighting/sound in a greater extent -> thus enabling a greater scope for stealth.

Croaching around in slow motion or being invisible is hardly the way of a stealthy ninja imho :)

Any news on swimming?

Has anyone even started the "new skills for existing warframes"-development?

Would you considder reworkin Defense missions (Endless and Mobile) to not be so heavily dependant on damage?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/146557-tactical-defense/#entry1736751

Also

@reb: How many hundreds of people have asked you to marry them? XD

1. The new berserker frame is named "Valkyr", after angelic, spear-wielding warriors who tend the honorable dead. This name really doesn't fit the frame at all.

There's some community consensus that it would be better named "Erinys", after the flesh-shorn, claw sporting, whip wielding physical embodiments of vengeance who rend the wicked limb from limb in the prisons of hell.

Considering how startlingly close the actual frame is to this in skills, appearance, and lore, wouldn't this be a far better name for it? Since weapons, skills, and frames have been renamed in the past, this wouldn't be without precedent, and it would also free up the name "Valkyr" for use on a future female warrior frame, one more in line with whole angelic, honorable spear thing.

2. Several mods are NOT in the codex, including war cry and equilibrium. These are obtainable mods. However, several of the "accidental release" mods, which are, to the majority of players, completely unobtainable, do in fact reside there. Is there a special reason for this?

3. The codex does not feature anything actually talking about the damage types of damage 2.0, nor is there any useful in-game information beyond trying to match blinking icons with auras while being shot at. This seems less than ideal. With all the variety of things in the codex, shouldn't this be a major feature of it?

4. We can scan all sorts of things like containers and consoles. Will these be added to the "objects" section of the codex in the future, and if so, will the various container types list their drop tables?

5. It's been hinted that ability mods will be leaving drop tables some time soon. As there is no reasonable way to get duplicates for effective build management, will we be getting access to ability mods through some other means, or will players actually be expected to make the up to 15 additional warframes of each type that they'd require?

6. It's been suggested in the past that PS4 players and PC players could play together when "the rainbow bridge aligns". However, the PS4 players are also noted to be currently behind the PC players on the update schedule. With the introduction of standardized invasion, how will this be handled? Would PS4 players have their node ownership changed to align to the PC players? Would this not cause problems if a certain side proved more popular in a given battlefront on PC than on the PS4? If they did not have their node ownership changed, would this not cause many/most nodes to be eventually platform-exclusive, despite the "rainbow bridge" existing?

7. Armor mechanics for warframes is currently quite pitiful. The new berserker frame can easily get over 600 armor, but is shredded horribly if she ever dares to leave hysteria. Is this intentional, or will we be seeing future tweaks to how armor protects us?

8.Will we ever be able to repair extractors, or, if not, will we ever have a use for all of our old, worn-out extractors? Also, will we be seeing new types of extractors in the future?

9. Planets now drop resources that make no sense, such as the entirely corpus planet of eris dropping 3 different brands of infested body parts. Will this continue?

10. Extractors currently cost more resources to make  than they can actually extract, and currently extract a single resource bundle every 4 hours. Will they ever be buffed, or are they permanently doomed to be a novelty item?

Edited by Llyssa

I had this idea in my head for an assault type missions. 
Basecly its you and your teammates running trough a battlefield or a normal mission zone killing people and at the end there is a random elite boss (Not the original bosses like alad v or any other end planet bosses) or something, after you kill him you get reward Mod
It doesnt end here After you kill like the 1st boss you get a choise keep going forward trough another battlefield with mobs that are scaled up in difficulty and a diffrent boss or go to extraction. 
For those who keep going it will be like a defence mission, but in thit case youll attack and kill bosses that increase in difficulty and lvl and for those who leave well they leave nothing more to say they get the reward and their done.
The rewards can scale aswell like kill the first two bosses you get tier 1 reward the 2nd two bosses t2 rewards and so on. 
Still the rewards from this "Assault" will be like in defence Mod or something and these buffed chars can be like Captains that are buffed types of the normal mobs or a stalker like mob. I was thinking cause not all people like to spend time in a defence mission they rather attack. So why not make a mod where you fight like mini bosses and hordes of enemys while they scale at the same rate and move up trough the lvl's (waves) zones however you wanna call. They can even add the Maps where grineer ship is crashed in a corpus ship to move from 1 faction to another

Q: In relation to the new mini map, and the discussion around colourblindness, how was the decision made to use the current colouring. The minimap is worse than ever for people with colourblindness. Is there no way that a minimap customiser using similar tech to the warframe customiser to be able to allow people with colourblindness to enjoy the game once again. I have had to stop running normal missions online because people are getting frustrated with how slow I am, because if I lose sight of them, and there are no enemies to follow, it takes me a while to work out where I am going. (Hopefully this can segway into the UI changes that Steve teased yesterday on Prime Time!)

When are you gonna fix damage 2.0? (update 11.3.0 was really bad and update 11.3.2 barely fixed anything.)

Will you be returning the Damage 2.0 back to what it previously was and starting over?

When will Ash's Teleport get the love it deserves? (requiring a target is just crazy)

What theme is the next warframe?

Q: When can we expect a revision of Ash's 4th skill to make it less time consuming and/or the player 'disabled' while it's active?

Q: When will the ingame UI (the one during missions) be brought up to par to the new style used in the menus of the star map?

Q: Will there ever be an option to display Health/Shields on the brackets on the crosshair for easy reference when in the middle of a heated firefight?

Q: Considering weapons like the Ogris, Torid and now Penta; wouldn't it make more sense for max ammunition capacity to be a "per weapon" thing than a "per category" one to avoid weapons with ridiculous ammo efficiency that makes ammo management an aftertought?

Q: Though not asking for a date, more info on account migration/cloning from PC to PS4 would be appreciated as in "will it be feasible down the line after all?" Mainly because a lot of PC players who also own a PS4 don't play too much on PS4 in case we'd have the option to simply export our data to PS4 and continue from where we were on PC.

Q: Any chance to have other mission control than Lotus? Even though Darvo was one only for one event, his lines were great and it would be interesting if there was opportunities to do missions for Darvo again as well as a Grineer equivalent.

Q: In the same vein, since Rebecca voices Lotus, will Megan ever voice a notable NPC?

Q: Even though we have a lot of melee weapons at the moment, is there any plans to eventually add a 'Spear'-type weapon which would primarily use thrust attacks?

Q: To bring some sort of 'end-game' content or challenge, is there any plans to have sector bosses have a 'Hard' and 'Elite' difficulty level options? "Hard" being a level set around 30-35 for Tenno who have just completed the star map while "Elite" being for a group of 4 players with a lot of preparation, new boss attacks and a high level around 45-50?

Edited by Wiegraf

Love the Transition Tile sets. THEY ARE AMAZING.

MY question is: With the Invasion 1.0 here will we ever expect to see weapons as a reward for choosing a faction vs. another?

Another question is: Rewards heavily drive which side people chose. How will you even out the rewards for each invading faction?