Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris In 11.3

Guristas

From my experience, this didn't really fix the problem. Reload speed is still too slow. You shouldn't be spending 2/3rds of you time with this gun reloading instead of shooting. Or with a max shotgun reload, the ratio is 1 to 1.4 (firing and reloading respectively). There isn't any other gun in the game I know of that takes more time reloading then actually firing the whole clip.

Edit: Don't forget, this has it's damaged pointed toward anti-infested. Which, I think, the large reload to unload ratio is counter intuitive to.

Edited by ragdollomega

From my experience, this didn't really fix the problem. Reload speed is still too slow. You shouldn't be spending 2/3rds of you time with this gun reloading instead of shooting. Or with a max shotgun reload, the ratio is 1 to 1.4 (firing and reloading respectively). There isn't any other gun in the game I know of that takes more time reloading then actually firing the whole clip.

Edit: Don't forget, this has it's damaged pointed toward anti-infested. Which, I think, the large reload to unload ratio is counter intuitive to.

Not anymore.  Infested aren't weak to slashing now.  Slashing is mostly worthless at the moment.

It wasn't the buff it needed (higher range, on a double barrel shotgun? Really?), but I'll take what I can damn well get. 

Post-mods, my Tigris has a damage of roughly 2.5k (5k if you fire off both barrels), which is pretty damn respectable. I just need to get my hands on a Vicious Spread mod and then this thing can really sing. 

Old damage vs infested  210, new damage 180...this doesn't look like a buff to me.

^this

I wonder what Scott meant with this weapon should hit like a truck? -when he nerfed slash damage into hell

Edited by zzang

They should've just given it innate Punch Through.

That would've given it a unique way to deal with hordes of Infested.

Giving it more base damage changes nothing about the fact that it fails to do what it was apparently designed for; killing Infested.

Damage is a problem. But the biggest problem is it being slash damage orientated with an awful reload. You really spend more time reloading it then shooting.

That is the point. This is a double-barrel super shotgun. As Steve said, "This thing needs to hit like a truck to make up for it's drawbacks." It is not a bullet-hose.

The buff was only negated for Infested. It still does more damage against EVERYTHING ELSE, which is really what it needed.

It may still need another buff or two, and the balance between damage types is quite bizarre right now, but otherwise I think it's a step in the right direction.

They should've just given it innate Punch Through.

That would've given it a unique way to deal with hordes of Infested.

Giving it more base damage changes nothing about the fact that it fails to do what it was apparently designed for; killing Infested.

Why. Why didn't they just do this instead of flat out buffing damage? 

The problem with slash damage right now is that it deals bonus damage against the least dangerous enemy types. Who also have the least uptime on the battlefield. Who also can be just overpowered by pretty much any weapon specced to deal against the real threats.

Flesh and Infested really should be bundled together.