Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Protonus' Ridiculous Questions No. 8: Elevators

Freelancer27

This one is an on-the-house question, which I am very fascinated of.

Do you guys ever wondered the majority of the players prefer to use the elevators instead of wall-running or even jumping from platform to platform just to get from Point A to Point B faster?

I mean, in a game of Ninja-based genre, I don't see people doing what was supposedly written on this game. Most of them are just soldier-likes from a Cod-fish or something.

Even Mastery ranked 7 - 9 players used elevators without even jumping to the other location instead. It was slightly time-consuming, seeing players wait on certain elevators, but it was fun to watch them do their regular days.

Imagine some of the Corpus Parkour tiles where are dozens of ships simply docked on that location, where there are two elevators. 3 of my cellmates used the elevator, while I just simply jump on the ships rickety-split and I got to the other side in 5 seconds, where the rest came later in 30 seconds or more.

Even when running on corridors, rarely a few managed to wall-run just to get to other sides much faster than others.

What do you guys think of this?

Edited by Freelancer27

This one is an on-the-house question, which I am very fascinated of.

Do you guys ever wondered the majority of the players prefer to use the elevators instead of wall-running or even jumping from platform to platform just to get from Point A to Point B faster?

I mean, in a game of Ninja-based genre, I don't see people doing what was supposedly written on this game. Most of them are just soldier-likes from a Cod-fish or something.

Even Mastery ranked 7 - 9 players used elevators without even jumping to the other location instead. It was slightly time-consuming, seeing players wait on certain elevators, but it was fun to watch them do their regular days.

In the Grineer asteroid missions you can climb over the wire, and leap off the bridges, or wall run up pillars to get up to the level above. Even some vents lead up to, or down to other floors, but I think we need more of THAT in other tilesets. Like the Corpus cargo ship definitely needs a lot of this. Like those walls that open up with circuits inside of them. We should be able to enter those into this inner ship area with all the cogs, and what not to climb up to, or down to other floors.

In the Grineer asteroid missions you can climb over the wire, and leap off the bridges, or wall run up pillars to get up to the level above. Even some vents lead up to, or down to other floors, but I think we need more of THAT in other tilesets. Like the Corpus cargo ship definitely needs a lot of this. Like those walls that open up with circuits inside of them. We should be able to enter those into this inner ship area with all the cogs, and what not to climb up to, or down to other floors.

Sure that we could place more spots to move on, but my concern is on the skill of the players not actually going to these kind of opportunities and simply walk on corridors like everyone's business, whereas Ninjas aren't supposed to be there.

I'm not saying that conventional movement should be discriminated, but actually quite entertained.

Sure that we could place more spots to move on, but my concern is on the skill of the players not actually going to these kind of opportunities and simply walk on corridors like everyone's business, whereas Ninjas aren't supposed to be there.

I'm not saying that conventional movement should be discriminated, but actually quite entertained.

Optional choices should just be there. Even if we blow away the rest of the players it should still be there. noobs take the normal path to get used to the game, and when they are ready they can take the more advanced paths across in a more hardcore fashion that requires maximum Warframe skills.

Optional choices should just be there. Even if we blow away the rest of the players it should still be there. noobs take the normal path to get used to the game, and when they are ready they can take the more advanced paths across in a more hardcore fashion that requires maximum Warframe skills.

I did mentioned not only the newcomers, but also those who are already at the moderate rankings such level 7 - 9 players.

Which I am quite feeling some doubts.

Imagine some of the Corpus Parkour tiles where are dozens of ships simply docked on that location, where there are two elevators. 3 of my cellmates used the elevator, while I just simply jump on the ships rickety-split and I got to the other side in 5 seconds, where the rest came later in 30 seconds or more.

btw I find this funny... I never knew there were players who just stared at these ships and didn't think "hmm maybe I should wall run across, or jump from ship to ship"

I'm mastery rank 14, and I like having choices. The tranquil respite of an elevator ride is soothing to me, no matter how fleeting.

Of course, in certain situations I will opt to use wallrunning/meleecoptering/Decoy + Switch Teleport/etc. when running for oxygen tanks in Survival, for example.

I'll play the game however I want. :D

I wish they would replace the elevators with acrobatics. That or make the elevators faster, right now they slow down the pace just like double doors.

I agree that elevators should be removed or at least make a meaning to them, such as elevator to elevator combat. That being said, the elevators used to go a lot faster than now but there was a nasty bug that made the players fall trough the elevator so they were slowed down quite a lot to prevent this from happening.