Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Retired Weapons, Should They Stay Retired?

Darkvramp

The non-login reward ones i.e all but the Gorgon.

I mean, if the Gorgon gets to exist through login reward, then why not let those pop up randomly as battlepay?

That's like them giving an inch and you trying to take a foot (yes, I know the saying uses mile most of the time but this isn't that extreme). DE was generous with the Gorgon bp, I don't see why people are trying to push that generosity. I guess this is the same community that demands exclusives be made available to those who missed the event. Not hating on you, or your desires. Just wondering aloud I guess. I've never been one for trying to milk generosity.

It doesn't say 'retired from the market place' it classifies them as Market Weapons (which they were) and declares that they are going into retirement. Occam's Razor would have us believe this means retired entirely. The gorgon is the only exception.

I still have blueprints of all the retired weapons and a functioning Machete.  The foundry still lets me build any of them.  They weren't retired from the game, they were taken off the marketplace with no good explanation while still remaining in the game.

What are you on about?

Generosity?

Wat.

DE didn't have to leave the Gorgon in login rewards nor did they have to give us our pre-existing copies of the weapons or their blueprints. That's generosity.

I still have blueprints of all the retired weapons and a functioning Machete.  The foundry still lets me build any of them.  They weren't retired from the game, they were taken off the marketplace with no good explanation while still remaining in the game.

DE was generous. And they gave numerous explanations for the retirement (each depending on what weapon was being inquired about. The boar was taken away due to art reasons for example, just like how the snipetron was taken out for lore reasons. They let you keep your BPs and pre-existing weapons, they didn't have to. The weapons were retired. Need I post that quote again?

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

No that's an oversight.

I thought so too, but it has been a while and still no fix in sight. I've begun to assume it was done on purpose. <--This was referring to them leaving the Gorgon in the login reward pool. Them letting us keep our BPs and weapons was them being generous, they even gave us a warning. That isn't an oversight.

To be short: No, they should not stay retired.

Why?

Ether Daggers is a blade version of Fang, so it has a function.

Boar is a nice shotgun, which even has a prime, making it less understandable to be retired.

Machete has a Wraith version, so the same as with the Boar, it doesn't make much sense to be retired.

Gorgon is the only lowrank LMG in the game, it is highly iconic, it is one of the few weapons with Impact and thus has a function as well. It is also still sort of aquirable with login rewards.

Snipetron could be added back in again as well, and be changed so it is an alternative, damagewise, to the Vulkar.

So yeah, bring them all back imo.

(Note: I have all of them, so it's not like I'm being selfish or something)

What was the reason the Gorgon was removed?

If you want to know I suggest you either go digging through previous threads looking to see if one was officially given, or you just ask the devs directly. I only remember the boar and the snipetron's reasons for retirement.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

To be short: No, they should not stay retired.

Why?

Ether Daggers is a blade version of Fang, so it has a function.

Boar is a nice shotgun, which even has a prime, making it less understandable to be retired.

Machete has a Wraith version, so the same as with the Boar, it doesn't make much sense to be retired.

Gorgon is the only lowrank LMG in the game, it is highly iconic, it is one of the few weapons with Impact and thus has a function as well. It is also still sort of aquirable with login rewards.

Snipetron could be added back in again as well, and be changed so it is an alternative, damagewise, to the Vulkar.

So yeah, bring them all back imo.

(Note: I have all of them, so it's not like I'm being selfish or something)

They had a purpose back when they were retired. Why do people keep acting like Impact is a rarity? Some of the most powerful weapons have an impact slant.

They were removed from the game with the only exception being the Gorgon in login rewards. DE is generous, be thankful.

Your posts are quite depressing to read.  Like a battered wife with stockholm syndrome, who insists that her abusive husband did no wrong and that she did something to deserve it.

Edited by BLOODGAZMS

Your posts are quite depressing to read.  Like a battered wife with stockholm syndrome, who insists that her abusive husband did no wrong and that she did something to deserve it.

If that is the vibe you're getting from my posts I suggest you stop posting for now and go get yourself checked out by medical professionals. That or take that stick of entitlement out of you-know-where. Warframe is in beta, things will change. This includes (and is not limited to) the removal/retirement of weapons. You aren't entitled to those weapons once they have been retired. If DE wanted to they could retire the soma and completely remove its existence from the game (remove them from all the accounts) and you'd have no say in the matter. And don't get me started on account wipes (maybe with plat refunds).

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Seriously... so now the anti-exclusives argument has been expanded to include retired weapons? Come on, please just stop complaining about these kinds of things and focus on the bugs. Like how I probably won't even be able to post this reply. Oh hey, it worked for once.

We are not complaining, it is just that it should be easyer to get ther older weapon, Cuz i want a gorgon cuz it looks cool and bugs need to be fixed yes but there are differnt threads that talk about that topic, go to them.

And its not just the gorgon how about the snipetron which shoulb be more balanced with the damage 2.0 Right?

We are not complaining, it is just that it should be easyer to get ther older weapon, Cuz i want a gorgon cuz it looks cool and bugs need to be fixed yes but there are differnt threads that talk about that topic, go to them.

And its not just the gorgon how about the snipetron which shoulb be more balanced with the damage 2.0 Right?

The gorgon is in retirement. If you want it just keep logging in and wait for RNG to give it to you. And the Snipetron wasn't retired for balance reasons, not sure were people got that idea.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

The gorgon is in retirement. If you want it just keep logging in and wait for RNG to give it to you. And the Snipetron wasn't retired for balance reasons, not sure were people got that idea.

I quite honestly don't see why - the Supra is an LMG of Corpus make designed for anti-armor (i.e. Grineer) work, while the Gorgon is an LMG of Grineer make designed for anti-shield (i.e. Corpus) work. Given the changes in damage from Damage 2.0, having both available to Tenno makes sense. This is why I suggested moving the Gorgon to the Clan Research labs, so it can be seen as a counterpart to the Supra.

I quite honestly don't see why - the Supra is an LMG of Corpus make designed for anti-armor (i.e. Grineer) work, while the Gorgon is an LMG of Grineer make designed for anti-shield (i.e. Corpus) work. Given the changes in damage from Damage 2.0, having both available to Tenno makes sense. This is why I suggested moving the Gorgon to the Clan Research labs, so it can be seen as a counterpart to the Supra.

I don't see the point. I'd rather them make a different Grineer LMG, one that won't be compared to the Soma in a "This is what you should have been" sorta way.

I don't see the point. I'd rather them make a different Grineer LMG, one that won't be compared to the Soma in a "This is what you should have been" sorta way.

I don't see what you mean, to be honest. The Gorgon wasn't really made to be a crit monster, while the Soma most definitely is. If you're speaking to the spoolup times and method of fire, I still think there is easily room for both weapons for different roles, especially if their damage properties are different.

I don't see what you mean, to be honest. The Gorgon wasn't really made to be a crit monster, while the Soma most definitely is. If you're speaking to the spoolup times and method of fire, I still think there is easily room for both weapons for different roles, especially if their damage properties are different.

I'm going to have to postpone this discussion, right now I'm feeling terrible (headache, eye ache, nausea). I rarely get sick, but when I do I always end up throwing up and spend the time up to that point suffering and contemplating shoving my finger down my throat to bring the end quicker. I'm not ignoring you, but right now the color combinations of pretty much everything is killing my head. Sorry. 

the spoolup times and method of fire

Pre Damage 2.0, they were compared becuase of that and simalarites in ammo capacity.As of now, they got changed to where they are now. But you already know this.

I suppose a new lmg wouldn't hurt, if it was balanced. A easy to obtain impact lmg, a alternative for non gorgon owners and having more impact guns in general. Plus they could make it look better than gorgon, if you don't like how gorgon looks. Looking at the wiki, impact has literaly only 1 impact rifle.

I'm going to have to postpone this discussion, right now I'm feeling terrible (headache, eye ache, nausea). I rarely get sick, but when I do I always end up throwing up and spend the time up to that point suffering and contemplating shoving my finger down my throat to bring the end quicker. I'm not ignoring you, but right now the color combinations of pretty much everything is killing my head. Sorry.

No problem - I hope you feel better soon.

Pre Damage 2.0, they were compared becuase of that and simalarites in ammo capacity.As of now, they got changed to where they are now. But you already know this.

I suppose a new lmg wouldn't hurt, if it was balanced. A easy to obtain impact lmg, a alternative for non gorgon owners and having more impact guns in general. Plus they could make it look better than gorgon, if you don't like how gorgon looks. Looking at the wiki, impact has literaly only 1 impact rifle.

Exactly. Having an Impact-based (or at least shield-killing) LMG as an alternative to the Supra (which is an armor killer). With that in mind, there's easily still room for a weapon like the Soma, or even another version of the Soma with a different damage spread.

Okay, I'm feeling better but I haven't vomited yet so I'm expecting it to hit me again. I'm going to keep chugging water to try and keep it at bay. The two used to get compared often because apparently the Soma is what the Gorgon used to be (only better) prior to its nerf. Nowadays people still compare it to the soma and supra, just to a lesser degree and usually only when saying it isn't all that good. I like it though (haven't used it much lately).

I think the wiki hasn't added the Penta to that list yet. And what they lack in rifles they make up for in the other areas. Some of the most powerful weapons now have an impact slant, Boar Prime, Brakk, Bronco Prime, Vectis, and Strun Wraith though I heard it was nerfed... not sure though, I don't use shotguns much since sweeper takes all their mods.

Okay, I'm feeling better but I haven't vomited yet so I'm expecting it to hit me again. I'm going to keep chugging water to try and keep it at bay. The two used to get compared often because apparently the Soma is what the Gorgon used to be (only better) prior to its nerf. Nowadays people still compare it to the soma and supra, just to a lesser degree and usually only when saying it isn't all that good. I like it though (haven't used it much lately).

First, I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.

I'm aware that people compare the Gorgon to the Soma, but in my eyes, though they have similar firing patters, they are not the same type of gun. I do think the Soma would benefit more from a Braton's firing pattern rather than an LMG's, just due to this distinction.

The distinction, as I see it, is this: The Gorgon does more base Impact damage per shot (with a larger clip, for shredding groups of enemies' shields for assist kills with teammates), while the Soma is far better at finishing off smaller groups of enemies due to it's crit damage.

Your mileage may vary of course, but that's how my friends and I have used the different guns for efficacy.