Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tell Me Something I Don't Know...

Sixty5

It is likely that I will have to have surgery within the next two months or so.

Also, on an unrelated note, I am glad to live in a country where a student like me can afford healthcare.

Ack. Surgery is never fun. I've had to get ear tubes put in two or three times now, and even something as minimal as that is a real pain. Hope things go well for you.

Ack. Surgery is never fun. I've had to get ear tubes put in two or three times now, and even something as minimal as that is a real pain. Hope things go well for you.

It's something I've been putting off for probably far too long.

Still have a bunch of scans to go through though, as unfortunate as that is.

And as long as I am not awake during it im fine. It isn't a procedure I'd want done on local...

Edited by Sixty5

It's something I've been putting off for probably far too long.

Still have a bunch of scans to go through though, as unfortunate as that is.

And as long as I am not awake during it im fine. It isn't a procedure I'd want done on local...

It's the part that comes after you wake up that I hate. Might be because all of my surgeries have had something to do with ears, but I'm dizzy as heck for at least half a week, and the random spikes of pain that come and go are no fun either. If I didn't have pain killers it probably would have been worse, even with them I occasionally and definitely felt something.

Scans don't sound fun, either, but I've never had to deal with them much... my sympathies.

I'll just take a week off and play games recover.

What's the difference?

Never been a fan of painkillers.

I've never been very good at handling pain... and with how accident prone I am, I live on painkillers :/ I actually call Ibuprofen "Vitamin I."

Since this is a confession bear thread, I'll also note that my body has always had a very strange reaction to said vitamin. It helps with the pain, for sure... but it also makes me loopy. Back in high school everyone could tell if I'd hurt myself recently and was on painkillers by how stupidly cheerful I was on any given day.

Edited by Siubijeni

I was diagnosed with depression at age 11, ADD at 12 years and autism at age 14. the ADD and autism diagnosises were wrong, and my depression got treated. I am now a mentally healthy...SCIENCE person

And, if your name is any indicator, you are a Viking Scientist!  That's like, twice as awesome as a normal science person.

I was born in Alabama but have lived in Washington since I was two. I used to have a rather thick southern accent, but because it got made fun of the little me quickly got rid of it. It's been so long that I can't go back into it on purpose, but I'm told when I get excited and talk fast it comes back a little.