The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No More Infested Survival/defense?

Polarthief

Have fun playing the new warframe mini game, "Frost roulette". Its this awesome game where you click on any public defense game with a frame other than Frost and gamble that somebody else brought him. Have fun!

Gotta say the new element system itself is broken and basically makes Frost OP, let alone the fact that he's now mandatory for any Defense mission.

Oh cool, as if farming for Capture keys wasn't annoying enough. Now Palus and Xini are no longer Infested.

Not to mention how annoying this new element system is. Thanks guys. Thanks.

Adjust.

Loki and Vau for defense now. Radial Disarm and Bastille.

You're welcome.

Hey look I can no longer free-ride defences for hours without any chalenge and rapidly farm all expirience in the world for my weapons and S#&$. HA!

Really guys, infested defence\survival was stupid and dull expirience. Also you can alway serve yourself an Orokin Derelict, right?

One, somebody was doing the damage there, so don't make assumptions.

Two, some of us enjoyed infested defense/mobile defense/survival more than either of the other factions. So don't act like your preference or opinions are the only important ones.

Three, OD takes keys and doesn't allow public games. So yes, I'm free to waste my time in the recruiting or clan/alliance channel to play in a single defense map that I don't particularly enjoy, instead of just clicking on one that I like with no key grinding and less down time. Maybe you can see how that's not really the same thing, at all?

infested defence\survival was stupid and dull expirience.

Actually it wasn't. It was a lot of fun. Various ways to group up swaming enemies and then using well loved and invested weapons to blow the absolute crap out of them was the thing I most enjoyed in this game.

I have my weapons set up for dealing with high level armored characters, as you said. I absolutely love 35 minute+ T3S with a good group. But they take effort to form, and the fun in those doesn't happen until the end. That type of fun is simply not available in public games. people leave too early. So now, we have what I consider to be "stupid and dull experience" of running around to every corner to kill mobs one by one who are hiding behind boxes and taking pot shots. Perhaps you enjoy that. Great, you can still do it. Other than the occasional game of grineer/corpus mobile defense, I would rather now play another game.

Edited by harly

Defense missions that are in Invasion are still Defense. Bringing a Bombard along for the ride makes things a lot more interesting.

They aren't the same.

1) they have friendly NPCs getting in the way, ruining grouping strategies.

2) because they offer resource rewards as incentive, public games are now ending at the first opportunity.

They aren't the same.

1) they have friendly NPCs getting in the way, ruining grouping strategies.

2) because they offer resource rewards as incentive, public games are now ending at the first opportunity.

1)How exactly? Having Random Nekros or Nyx also ruins your gropu strategy?

2)Get yourself a premade squad lol.

Also why nobody complains that farming Nyx and Volt is kinda impossible now? 

Edited by derclaw

1)How exactly? Having Random Nekros or Nyx also ruins your gropu strategy?

2)Get yourself a premade squad lol.

Also why nobody complains that farming Nyx and Volt is kinda impossible now? 

1) true. luckily they happen rarely. instead of being an ever present annoyance, it's just a bit of variety. (like that frost guy who puts bubbles up all over the place, come on, you know that guy)

2) I do, but only for about 10% of the time I play due to real world timing.

So, the complaint still stands. It's find if people didn't enjoy those missions styles. Those people can still play the game they enjoyed. I can't.

So, the complaint still stands. It's find if people didn't enjoy those missions styles. Those people can still play the game they enjoyed. I can't.

Let Steve to play with his new tech for a bit, we are here for THEIR amusement after all as beta participants. And stop throwing tantrums raging-penguin style "Nerfd favourite enmyes - deleted game".

Do your job - go test stuff.

Infesteds still in game, infested defence and survival still in game, Derelict is in game. why not complain about making Derelict missions worth the time?

Edited by derclaw

Have fun playing the new warframe mini game, "Frost roulette". Its this awesome game where you click on any public defense game with a frame other than Frost and gamble that somebody else brought him. Have fun!

rofl, i'll just spam radial disarm with loki everywhere XD

Let Steve to play with his new tech for a bit, we are here for THEIR amusement after all as beta participants. And stop throwing tantrums raging-penguin style "Nerfd favourite enmyes - deleted game".

Do your job - go test stuff.

Infesteds still in game, infested defence and survival still in game, Derelict is in game. why not complain about making Derelict missions worth the time?

who's throwing a tantrum? Please, if you want to throw insults around don't do it in these community forums.

I find your comments about doing my job and us being here for their amusement just a bit strange. Smells of sarcasm, but, given your other replies it doesn't fit in.

I don't care about complaining about derelict missions. I rarely play them, since I mostly play public games. If they are an issue to you I encourage you to create or contribute to a thread explaining that.

Cheers

You guys are missing the point. 

Infested now act as they should.

With their rate of invasion there should always be infested (if you didn't know there are at least 3 infested defences and 2 survival currently)

Infested give poor xp and mods so they are a bad thing to farm anyway

Grineer as just as easy to kill if your not a noob and have at least one other person with you.

I farmed nyx in 4 runs on earth, there is soon to be another node you can use.

The grineer/corpus team mates die off quick enough and you do not get more in defence or survival so it does not ruin your group strategy.

You get battle pay.

Farming infested defence was always the easy/noob was out anyway, you just take a vauban and an ignis.

No more people going -I'm pro, i lasted 3 hours on Xini- when all they did was stand beside a vortex and flame it

Tldr: stop your moaning. 

No more people going -I'm pro, i lasted 3 hours on Xini- when all they did was stand beside a vortex and flame it

Tldr: stop your moaning. 

U can get the same effect with dual manning a loki and a vauban.....

Edited by fatpig84