Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No More Infested Survival/defense?

Polarthief

No, you're missing the point.

We're not saying the new infested invasions are bad. Actually I quite like the idea. Needs some improvement, but that will come, and that's not what this thread is about.

We don't care if it's poor xp and mods and bad "for farming". It's the part of the game we enjoyed. Different to what you enjoyed, not a problem. You don't have to play it. Now, we can't.

It doesn't matter that "there are infested" with the rate of invasion. It's already been explained why those missions are not the same.

They don't actually die off quickly. And on a defense mission that ends in 5 waves, in public games most people leave because they want to run their battle pay after doing 5. With top end multi-forma'd gear, short defense/survival games are not fun, that's missing the point.

This isn't to say that the new options are bad. Again, I think they are a great idea. But they have lost the part of the game that many people enjoyed, unnecessarily.

Tldr: if you didn't like that style of the game, you weren't forced to have it as your only option. Essentially your post is "get over it I enjoy what is left and I don't care about what enjoyment you lost". No worries. If you don't care, don't care. Nobody is suggesting we take away anything of the new stuff. we are asking for the part of the game that we enjoyed back.

Yep at least there is that. But for me, a) I don't care for anything that drops in there, and b) they require a hell of a lot more coordination than just jumping into a public game and waiting for people to inevitably join in.

hah! Well I like the variety in the public games. Getting a badass group that goes past 40 is rare and a real pleasure. Getting some nubcakes gives you a chance to show off. Spam some ultimates, drop some energy packs, let them bask in the glory and soak up the delicious XP. And for most of the games you all kinda work out a place to stand or how to work together, be it on the cryopod with a vortex and a copule of ignis's, or guarding ramps with somas, mag throwing them around until they run back, or splitting up and owning spawns. It's all just great fun.

Now that choice is completely gone. Why? It's a game. You want people to play it. People that enjoy it will spend money if they can afford to. Heck, I've spent quite a bit. Now, you've taken away the two things I spend almost all my time enjoying. That hurts. And now I'm really not enjoying the game much at all. I like grineer/corpus a bit, and i'm sure i'll have some fun actually playing loki for a change, but not remotely for the hours upon hours I spent on infested def/surv, in a style that isn't possible at all now.

I too miss Infested Survival and Defense. Yes they're available via Derelicts, but they're inferior. Derelict Survival isn't great because the spawn rates are too low and the maps confusing for the AI. Derelict Defense is good for mutagen samples and orokin cells but the mods rewarded every five waves are dreadful. Also, as noted above, you can't just drop into a Derelict mission as we could Xini or Mimas. It's really not the same. 

A compromise would be to return Eris to Infested control while continuing with Invasions elsewhere. Please give us back permanent Infested Survival and Defense missions on the regular map. Thank you. 

Edited by Daimonos93

On the bright side we still have derelict maps with a chance to drop orokin cells which is nice.

If de improve those maps drop rates and spawn rates/ spawning infested types, that would be great.

yup been doing loads of OD Def recently, seems i will rmain doing so, tho i havent recieved a single O.Cell now in weeks.

BRING BACK THE INFESTED MISSIONS YOU HAVE JUST RUINED THIS GAME FOR ME THEY WERE THE ONLY THING KEEPING ME ON THE GAME ..............B R I N G  B A C K  T H E   I N F E S T E D AT LEAST IN ERIS U HAVE JUST KILLED THE GAME DE YOU FOOLS!

MEGA RAGING

ALSO U HAVE JUST COMPLETY NERFED MELEE AND NOW IT IS USELESS AS U CAN'T GET CLOSE TO GRINEER AS THEY MOW U DOWN WITH HEAVY GUNERS AND COR[PUS WITH THEY'RE MOAS SO NO POINT IN HAVEING THE MELEE SYSTEM YOU USELESS PEOPLE LIKE REALLY U GOT RID OF THE COOLEST LOOKING MODELS OF ALIEN LIKE CREATURES I HAVE SEEN LIKE WHY REALLY WHY DE EITHER THINK BEFORE U DO STUPID THINGS LIKE THIS OR JUST SHUT DOWN YOUR COMPANY NOW AS YOU ARE GONNA LOSE ALOT OF PEOPLE PLAYING THIS GAME SO THINK BEFORE U ACT SORT THIS MESS OUT IF YOU DONT THEN SHUT THE COMPANY DOWN AND NEVER START DOING GAMES LIKE THIS AGAIN AS YOU HAVE JUST RUINED IT SO BADLY ALL YOU REALLY NEEDED TO DO IS CHANGE THE LOOK OF SOME OF THE BOSSES AND MAKE THEM MORE HARDER TO KILL AND MAKE VOID MUCH MORE OF A CHALLENGE NOT GET RID OF STUFF THAT IS FUN AND U ALREADY DONE A GOOD JOB IN JUST SORT THIS OUT OTHERWISE YOU ARE GONNA LOSE ALOT OF CUSTOMERS AND PEOPLE THAT REALLY WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME ARE ALL GONNA DESAPPEAR BECAUSE OF THIS.

SUPER RAGING!

Aww this is total bull,

I've spent countless hours on Xini....

OD can kiss my &#!, you either need a great connection to run one, or hope to get picked up in recruiting. This takes away from the enjoyment of being able to play a few games after work and calling it a night. Now I really have to hunt down these infested missions and hope for a good host.

This sucks balls. Of the 850 hours I've probably put 600 into xini....

im away for a few days and they break the game -_-

Every update pushes platinum more and more - less exp = more  xp boost purchases.

Console friendly updates, platinum pushing, farming nerfs....

This is fast turning into a microtransaction console port.

Seriously Seriously tho.

You just made a good game into a 1st person shooter.  As a reformed and cured World of Warcraft (dare i say that here) Orc Warrior addict of 5 years, i found Warframe an almost perfect game.  I loved my melee weapons and fighting like a man, IN YOUR FACE INFESTED.  Not running and sniping with my guns,  tho i do enjoy that aspect of Warframe.  As a casual player, Warframe did a good job of combining both elements into an enjoyable sitdown in the evenings to destroy infested and sooth my anger and probs of the day.  I play almost entirely solo and over half of my jillion kills are infested.

Warframe Gods, give me my infested back so i can be a warrior again and kill like a man.  Dont relegate us to crappy void missions.  Give us a new planet - make us infested dungeons - i feel so discriminated against.

MELEE WARRIORS AND INFESTED GOTS RIGHTS TOO!!!!!!!!

RISE UP BROTHERS!!!!!!   

Edited by jefy