The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Communication Breakdown

Cybernetix

So, about the recent change to the infested. While it does create a more dynamic feel to the star chart, it does so at the cost of many missions that a lot of people enjoyed. And what's more is that this happened with very little communication with players. Yes, invasions were mentioned as being a part of the game eventually, but removing an entire faction and making them invasion only? That's a big step up.

DE, could you please explain exactly why there was so little communication with the playerbase about this change? Sure, the design council got a sneak preview of the Penta but absolutely nothing was mentioned about removing the infested. If you're going to make a massive alteration like this then at least put it past the DC first, if not the whole of the forums.

#SaveXini

Infested was Easy Mode farming.

Now you have to learn figthing enemys that shoot back! Oh Shock!

It's nothing to do with that. It's the fact that an entire faction has been locked behind keys and invasion missions, and a lot of popular missions have vanished overnight. I'm sure that if DE had consulted players before making this change then things would have been done differently.

Besides, if the enemies shoot back then I simply afk under a snowglobe.

It's nothing to do with that. It's the fact that an entire faction has been locked behind keys and invasion missions, and a lot of popular missions have vanished overnight. I'm sure that if DE had consulted players before making this change then things would have been done differently.

Besides, if the enemies shoot back then I simply afk under a snowglobe.

Yeah, DE knows that 80% of Players LOVE easy mode farming and would be most satisfied if enemys could not do damage at all.

AFK under your Snowglobe until a Napalm/Scorch walks by... 

Invasion should not change the mission type. That way we can have Defense, Mobile Defense and Survival back with a nice twist of having allies. (Defense already doesn't change but it doesn't indicate it on the star chart, not sure about the other mission types)

Just so we're clear. This thread has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the difficulty of infested compared to anything else. It is purely here to question the lack of communication between DE and players surrounding such a massive change.

If you're here to bash and flame for whatever reason then kindly refrain from posting and find somewhere else to do that.

Don't be a racist

I'm fairly certain I have not discriminated against your skin color, nationality or done anything beyond disagree with your opinion and a large portion of the player base has vocally disagreed with.

Just so we're clear. This thread has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the difficulty of infested compared to anything else. It is purely here to question the lack of communication between DE and players surrounding such a massive change.

Crystal. It wouldn't change what map types were dominant anyway, just temporarily which maps

Yeah, DE knows that 80% of Players LOVE easy mode farming and would be most satisfied if enemys could not do damage at all.

If that's their reason then the solution is to add a mob to the infested lineup that requires a similar bit of extra strategy. If I want to farm fast XP I do mobile corpus defense. Those rooms are packed tight, corpus are a joke with the right loadout, and those missions are damned fast.

But I much prefer to play infested. It's more fun. Actually, a lot of fun. I have all frames, I have all weapons that matter, and while I still level some just for the sake of it, the fun I get out of this game is 80% playing infested survival/defense. I don't even use keys anymore. DE got my money, then took away the main part of the game I enjoyed. Not the best move from my perspective.

Whatever their reason to remove it (if there is more reason than "hey lets have infested actually infest"), it would be good if that could be addressed in a different way while retaining the game types that many people enjoyed.

But I much prefer to play infested. It's more fun. Actually, a lot of fun. I have all frames, I have all weapons that matter, and while I still level some just for the sake of it, the fun I get out of this game is 80% playing infested survival/defense. I don't even use keys anymore. DE got my money, then took away the main part of the game I enjoyed. Not the best move from my perspective.

This in a nutshell. I don't enjoy corpus/grineer missions nearly as much as I do infested missions, and I don't even care about farming (I partake in Apollodorus, which is grineer, for my leveling needs). Xini and other endless infestation missions were a great way to unwind, take a huge sword, and just enjoy mindless cleaving and slaughtering of enemies like an OP god.

What's worse, the new invasion system actively encourages speedruns for rewards. Unlike say Xini, where people habitually stayed for 15~20 waves and beyond, the invasion missions are all nothing but forced 5-wave/5-minute speedruns unless you go premade. If I wanted to do speedruns, I'd be doing alerts or boss rushes.

So, about the recent change to the infested. While it does create a more dynamic feel to the star chart, it does so at the cost of many missions that a lot of people enjoyed. And what's more is that this happened with very little communication with players. Yes, invasions were mentioned as being a part of the game eventually, but removing an entire faction and making them invasion only? That's a big step up.

DE, could you please explain exactly why there was so little communication with the playerbase about this change? Sure, the design council got a sneak preview of the Penta but absolutely nothing was mentioned about removing the infested. If you're going to make a massive alteration like this then at least put it past the DC first, if not the whole of the forums.

#SaveXini

To be fair: they announced that this was going to be done in livestream 17 and then again in 18.

Also: if you check the starchart there are currently a few infested defense and survival missions available. Just because it's not directly labaled Xini does not mean it's not the same thing.

I think we need another faction in warframe to really mix things up.  And let them either take the role of what the infested are doing now, or let them take the role of what the infested were.  Having just two factions per planet (with the third being RNG) kinda cuts down on the variety, which is something Warframe always use some more of (not that there is anything wrong with the game types or factions, but since this game is always about adding things, adding weapons, adding rooms, adding new enemies, adding new tile sets, adding new mission types; it seems odd to suddenly cut down on the existing variety for RNG.)

You know, maybe Warframe could use a boss level or something that will consistently spawn for a few hours after something is triggered, like Realm of the Mad God, and then things reset and things start over again.  I'm just tossing ideas out there.

I think we need another faction in warframe to really mix things up.  And let them either take the role of what the infested are doing now, or let them take the role of what the infested were.  Having just two factions per planet (with the third being RNG) kinda cuts down on the variety, which is something Warframe always use some more of (not that there is anything wrong with the game types or factions, but since this game is always about adding things, adding weapons, adding rooms, adding new enemies, adding new tile sets, adding new mission types; it seems odd to suddenly cut down on the existing variety for RNG.)

You know, maybe Warframe could use a boss level or something that will consistently spawn for a few hours after something is triggered, like Realm of the Mad God, and then things reset and things start over again.  I'm just tossing ideas out there.

i once saw an idea of Space Pirates posted by a player. They would be interesting.

The only reason "Easy farming", as you call it, is such a high priority for people is because DE basically has a massive trading card game, in the form of mods, which people want no matter what, as the gameplay itself isn't good enough to actually bother with anything but farming atm.

Infested was Easy Mode farming.

Now you have to learn figthing enemys that shoot back! Oh Shock!

Learn to fight enemyes ? the others is not harder , you dont get it also killing others faction is to hard -> frost shield -> Nova (Where da enemies?) -> Nyx (Why fighting , let them kill each others save bullet) -> Vauban (Tesla Troll? vortex ? bastille ) do i need to say more or this is enought? 

You probably didnt played more 5 min / wave in defence/survival with infested , see if it funny to see ancien toxic or disruptor taking your whole energie ,but meh to hard for newbies :'(

Learn to fight enemyes ? the others is not harder , you dont get it also killing others faction is to hard -> frost shield -> Nova (Where da enemies?) -> Nyx (Why fighting , let them kill each others save bullet) -> Vauban (Tesla Troll? vortex ? bastille ) do i need to say more or this is enought? 

You probably didnt played more 5 min / wave in defence/survival with infested , see if it funny to see ancien toxic or disruptor taking your whole energie ,but meh to hard for newbies :'(

I did 60 Waves in Xini, then we had to stop because game was about to crash and 2 had disconnect allready.

i once saw an idea of Space Pirates posted by a player. They would be interesting.

That would possibly be me. I have been off and on pointing out that there are not enough 'Human' factions in the game currently to really have a dynamic setting. I bring it up tangentlyly in my latest round of ideas ( https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/147130-living-campaigns-improving-invasions-clan-conflict-and-warframes-evolving-story/ ). We don't have "civilians" to save, we don't see the consequence of toppling a tight fisted totalitarian empire (regional destabilization and balkanization). All we have is Bad Guys who want to Kill us (Grineer), More Bad Guys who want to Kill us (Corpus), and Space Zombies that want to Kill Everybody (Infested).

Functionally we as Tenno are in many ways both the Pirate and Rebel faction rolled into one. If you think of the Corpus as the last major group of independent "civilians" than we are the Pirates raiding their ships. To the Grineer we are the Rebels overthrowing their empire. We are destabilizing elements to both NPC factions, stabilizers of none, and oddly the only faction that can 'deal' with the Infested. So I guess you can throw on a 3rd role of Protectors (from the Infestation). Unfortunately Tenno as a faction are Reactive and not Proactive.

======

We knew Invasion mode was coming. I fully expected to see factions controlling nodes shift.

I wasn't expecting to see Infested 100% removed. It would have been nice to see it handled organically through the Invasion system.

It shocks me to think that DE either didnt realize how many of the most popular maps in the game were Infested or that they simply did not care.  

For at least 5 months I been mainly playing Infested. They are my favorite faction by far and after seeing some the invasion type events in the past,  I got the feeling many ppl loved Infested.  

I dont need 30k credits or any rare mats, i also dont enjoy running the same very linear map 5 times.  hope that some people out there really enjoy them and benefit from the reward pay, cuz many ppl just lost their favorite aspect of the game. 

out for a bit, and wish everyone the absolute best and happy holidays.  

Also: if you check the starchart there are currently a few infested defense and survival missions available. Just because it's not directly labaled Xini does not mean it's not the same thing.

And again, they are not the same thing.

* NPCs getting in the way

* everyone wants to leave at the first exit, to go again to earn their battlepay. Previously, peple would want to stay as long as possible.

* only available *if* one happens to be infested

It is a completely different game style.

Edited by harly

#SaveXini

actually thy told us this before the Gradivus dilemma... So yeah there was communication, and it seemed people were oblivious to it as well. Even I knew the infested were going to become strictly invading forces. Which I still am alright with. You were warned. You just weren't paying attention.