The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Prime (For Down The Line)

KittyDarkling

Let me make this clear. I don't want to see Valkyr Prime until every other warframe currently out has a prime.

That being said, I really really hope when she does come out that DE makes her look like a prime version of her pre-captured self. I really hope she looks heavily armored and not "skinless" I don't really have anything against her look but I'd really love to see the radical difference between what she was like and how she is now.

Anyone else agree?

Let me make this clear. I don't want to see Valkyr Prime until every other warframe currently out has a prime.

That being said, I really really hope when she does come out that DE makes her look like a prime version of her pre-captured self. I really hope she looks heavily armored and not "skinless" I don't really have anything against her look but I'd really love to see the radical difference between what she was like and how she is now.

Anyone else agree?

I wouldn't want valkyr prime regardless.

To me valkyr, saryn, and ash are the three best looking frame in the game, so yes, I would love to see their prime version. However valkyr as her original frame is very well-made so hopefully her prime version doesn't ruin that. Like how I don't really like mag prime's look but rather stay with mag. 

I don't really care which prime got release first, cause I'm going to get them all anyway. 

Well you can see tiny bit of her pre-dissection helmet on her face and it doesn't look like any frame we have right now. So Prime version is possible in my opinion

No it is not. It is not visual appearance that makes Valkyr Prime impossible, but the nature of her abilities. They come about as she became a psychotic ball of rage as a result of the mental and physical torture at the hands of Alad V. The Warframe she was before all that happened would've had different powers - and that Warframe is the one you would have to Prime.

Which would make Valkyr Prime entirely different from Valkyr. A whole different Warframe in fact. It wouldn't work.

No it is not. It is not visual appearance that makes Valkyr Prime impossible, but the nature of her abilities. They come about as she became a psychotic ball of rage as a result of the mental and physical torture at the hands of Alad V. The Warframe she was before all that happened would've had different powers - and that Warframe is the one you would have to Prime.

Which would make Valkyr Prime entirely different from Valkyr. A whole different Warframe in fact. It wouldn't work.

Or it would be the only Prime frame to actually matter. Valkyr Prime would be the only Prime frame that is not just a reskin with an additional polairity. I think Valkyr Prime would be great as a drop from Tower Assassinate...

One could also argue that perhaps the anguish simply causes her to use her base unexperimented abilities in ways that wouldn't have normally been used. I mean in all actuality two of her abilities just flat out scream/stomp which doesn't really have anything to do with the warframe at all and assuming she is a feline frame her ult actually kind of makes sense in the fact that she gets claws.

Saying that it can't be done sounds incredibly closed minded and I would like to see what would happen if she got one. Not to mention that far down the line they could very well have alternate skill effects/animations which could fill in for the lore/immersion that it sounds like you would need to justify her having a prime frame.

Agreed. There can never be a Valkyr Prime. Only the Warframe she is based on would be able to get a Prime version.

It isn't being close-minded (god I hate that term) but being realistic.

It just doesn't fit with the established lore.

But it can fit with the established lore. For all we know her abilities post experimentation are not all that far off from what they would have been pre-experimentation she just may be using them differently. The lore has loads of holes that would allow for the potential for a valkyr prime. The fact that you are shooting it down without any room for discussion is pretty much the definition of close-minded, being realistic is seeing that lore is written and can be expanded and molded upon.

But it can fit with the established lore. For all we know her abilities post experimentation are not all that far off from what they would have been pre-experimentation she just may be using them differently. The lore has loads of holes that would allow for the potential for a valkyr prime. The fact that you are shooting it down without any room for discussion is pretty much the definition of close-minded, being realistic is seeing that lore is written and can be expanded and molded upon.

Not far off =/= the same.

Wouldn't work.

And I am shooting it down because there is no discussion to be had - it just wouldn't work.

Not far off =/= the same.

Wouldn't work.

And I am shooting it down because there is no discussion to be had - it just wouldn't work.

Aw and you said you were not being close-minded. I had hope for this conversation for a second there.

this is a good idea

pre-captured valkyr in all her glory

she was obviously an elite melee-centric tenno warrior before being modified

you cant build a house without a strong foundation, the corpus just tried to increase the aggression and control what already existed

orokin technology will always far exceed that of lowly corpus technology, one day we will see the true and pure nature of valkyrs wrath 

You'd call close-minded for calling a green car green....

It is just as obvious that Valkyr Prime wouldn't work.

Deal with it.

It isn't obvious at all. Her lore is basically a half written paragraph that explains very little about her backstory. You for some reason seem to think that she had a completely different look or feel before alad v got to her. Sorry bout it but you are close-minded.

Her lore is basically a half written paragraph that explains very little about her backstory

See the thing about that is that little, tiny piece of lore pretty much makes the idea Valkyr Prime within the current mechanics of the game (Primes having the same core abilities as the original) an impossibility.

You can't judge lore based on how long the freakin' paragraphs are - that is close-minded.

See the thing about that is that little, tiny piece of lore pretty much makes the idea Valkyr Prime within the current mechanics of the game (Primes having the same core abilities as the original) an impossibility.

You can't judge lore based on how long the freakin' paragraphs are - that is close-minded.

The part about explaining very little about her backstory is true as such it isn't close-minded. Nothing anywhere says what she was like pre-alad v. As such it IS close-minded to say that it cannot happen.