Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Thought Regarding Penta

KraZKill

Well, after playing around with Penta for a bit after it rolled off the foundry, I can't help but think:

It would be SO much better if it shot sticky grenades instead of bouncy grenades.

Why?

- If the grenades were sticky, it would make taking down higher level heavies much easier, just stick 2 or 3 on them and detonate them all at once, instead of trying to predict the bounces or shoot - detonate, shoot- detonate multiple times in a row.

- As the gun stands now, I find myself using it like an arched, air burst, Ogris. shooting 1 grenade and detonating, rinse and repeat. the sticky grenades would make it feel more unique as well

- Minimizes suicide risk.

Thoughts?

Edited by KraZKill

Well, after playing around with Penta for a bit after it rolled off the foundry, I can't help but think:

It would be SO much better if it shot sticky grenades instead of bouncy grenades.

Why?

- If the grenades were sticky, it would make taking down higher level heavies much easier, just stick 2 or 3 on them and detonate them all at once, instead of trying to predict the bounces or shoot - detonate, shoot- detonate multiple times in a row.

- Minimizes suicide risk.

Thoughts?

want.

Ahh, nah. I prefer the Quake-type GL over the TF2 sticky bomber.

If anything, I believe the Penta is more like the Loose Cannon because the actual grenades themselves cause damage. This is called "double donking" in the TF2 community and I've had a good deal of success with it ingame. For example, you're fighting a shielded enemy. The grenade deals impact damage, so shoot first directly at him (slightly above would be better because the resulting explosion will do headshot damage) to destroy the shield, then trigger the explosion. Also, it feels more efficient to shoot once and detonate rather than pelting pellets and praying they stay still. I can usually take down level 70+ heavies with two or three donks, sometimes even just 1 of I get a headshot. 

Edited by Ennokk

Each variation has its advantages. 

Rolling ones can bank off walls. 
Sticky ones are easier to create traps with and have better accuracy. 

Perhaps, right click shoots sticky ones(Since you can't zoom after the first shot anyways)
Left click shoots free ones. 
Press down on both at the same time to detonate. 

I'd love to have sticky grenades so I could place traps everywhere. This would make a fantastic mod to introduce just like how the Glaive has its many variations. Just make sure the energy cost isn't too high.

While I'm on the topic, I'm surprised DE hasn't released a Projectile Speed mod considering the amount of complaints I hear about the Dera.

Edited by Liacu