Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recently Shown Ui Feedback

NostalgicLink

Hey everyone, Dorian "New UI guy" here.

Just wanted to quickly stop by to say thanks. :)

We keep a close eye on the forums and love hearing all your feedback.
We'll continue working hard to address any concerns that have come up, and also to give you a really exciting UI experience!

Have a great weekend!

HUD from LS is too messy.

everything is too big. basically you are leaving only main triangle of zone of view. when rest of the screen is polluted with info icons.

if you have a screenshot from a stream i will show you what i found wrong.

i will show you on old HUD

Current HUD:

q01w31d.jpg

you see green triangle, all space inside is a zone where we are a looking most of the time. this is how our eyes work.

And space outside this triangle is our "side" view. we can see what is going on there, but this is not our main focus of view.

So old Ui is rather open.

Found screenshot on a forum, i guess i must pay more attention for announcements sub-forum. Thank you Rebecca for screenshot.

TDGDjWY.jpg

Although i like how letters and numbers looks, font is chosen very well. All info bars have some angle, and they are gravitate to center of the image. Maybe because of that i have a this feeling of a tunnel. Like all is left is a free zone of our main field of view.

Let say you will add oxygen info bar or cryopod/terminal hp bar. We will have even less view by that.

Edited by Althix

Hey everyone, Dorian "New UI guy" here.

Just wanted to quickly stop by to say thanks. :)

We keep a close eye on the forums and love hearing all your feedback.

We'll continue working hard to address any concerns that have come up, and also to give you a really exciting UI experience!

Have a great weekend!

i liked the new UI, just be aware that most of forum feedback will be really agressive toward your work, for no reason....keep the good job..

The vitals remaining in the upper right is a mistake. They need to be closer to the center. Near the new powers at the bottom, think Torchlight or Diablo. They do not need to be giant orbs, but something closer to your primary field of view would be optimal. This would be beneficial for people playing on a large screen far away and up close on a smaller screen. Seeing as Stamina is extremely unimportant at the moment, I do not understand the logic in putting it under the cross-hair. It it was not green, I would have mistaken it for a reload timer ala Gears of War.

Really, giving us the ability to drag and drop the HUD elements like in an MMO would be prefered. Then you could really just focus on making the individual pieces convey the information well, instead of over thinking where the pieces should lie.

Edited by theGreatZamboni

health and shield are unimportant as well, like the rest of the ui tbh.

basically you are using map to reach the objective, and after that you are not looking at it. ammo same. team status same. because you either don't care or you have trinity.

what is important is crosshair and overall freedom of view.

Sometimes I miss my customizable UI and HUD from SWTOR, allowing me to adjust size, position, and transparency of each element, picking which elements to display, and saving each customization to its own UI Profile. I wish Warframe had that. A lot.

Edited by DietEbolaCola

I am probably just going to turn the hud off. I currently play without it and it has not hindered me since the game has pretty much just turned into running into a room and pressing 4 and moving on. Indicators still work for me so I can always see objectives and whatnot. The new hud is stylistically appealing, but really could use some ability to be customized even if it's just scaling.

i liked the new UI, just be aware that most of forum feedback will be really agressive toward your work, for no reason....keep the good job..

You mean to say passionate people will be straightforward and open about what they dislike. That's a good reason. 

People that praise anything and everything don't really contribute as much as they'd like to believe.