Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Alad V Conspiracy

ObsceneSoul

Now, I know what you may be thinking. How in the world is Alad V involved in a conspiracy? I have proof of such a conspiracy.

Alad V was supposedly nerfed in one of the latest Warframe updates, but he was actually buffed to insane levels. Two of my friends and I encountered this Alad V, expecting to slaughter him in several seconds, but the exact thing almost happened to us. 

Still don't believe me? Then watch the youtube video provided after this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpsKotxhC3s

I sincerely hope that Alad V gets a drastic "nerf" to remove this madness. 

This has been the ObsceneSoul, bringing forth the Alad V Conspiracy.

Edit: I kinda just proved this theory to be completely false. Alad V, and every other boss in the game, from what I can tell, actually scales around whatever your mastery rank is. Since the group was at a relatively high average mastery rank of 11ish, the level of Alad V makes sense. Therefore, the rest of the discussion in this topic should be for this very idea and not be based on Alad V being overly powerful.

Edited by ObsceneSoul

No offense but I just solod them with mag prime and synapse. Took 2 shield polarizes and like 2 seconds on zanuka with the synapse and 1 for Alad. I might be too op though.

People like you and the poster below you are fools. Of course you are too OP, have you forgotten that Alad V is the Jupiter boss? A 12-15 area should not have a level 30+ boss, people who lack maxed weapons, and in the case of the guy below you, overpowered exclusives, are the people the boss should be intended for.

I helped a friend who had just started the game deal with Alad V to get him the Valkyr parts and some Neural Sensors, and he was level 38 or so. That's not right.

People like you and the poster below you are fools. Of course you are too OP, have you forgotten that Alad V is the Jupiter boss? A 12-15 area should not have a level 30+ boss, people who lack maxed weapons, and in the case of the guy below you, overpowered exclusives, are the people the boss should be intended for.

I helped a friend who had just started the game deal with Alad V to get him the Valkyr parts and some Neural Sensors, and he was level 38 or so. That's not right.

The point was he was saying their maxed gear did nothing and I was pointing out that maxed gear still totally does work and he is no where near as powerful as OP suggested, I was not saying that he was too strong for new players, just that he was beatable. And you are ignoring that levels were compressed he is comparable to level 37 enemies from damage 1.0. I couldn't do those level missions I was about mastery 3 unless I was being carried by higher level players.

No offense but I just solod them with mag prime and synapse. Took 2 shield polarizes and like 2 seconds on zanuka with the synapse and 1 for Alad. I might be too op though.

I solod him Trinity & Brakk.

Didn't take more than 5 minutes.

To reply to both of these posts, this topic is only meant to show that Alad V is much stronger than he should be, which makes it incredibly difficult to beat him if you're a newer player. The same thing sorta goes for Sargus Ruk as well, but he is much more balanced than this boss currently is.

@immolator1001

Well, Jupiter at the moment is only comparable to level 26ish enemies or so right now from that old damage system, so I see where you're coming from. However, as shown in the video, he is completely overpowered if you happen to have a 3 person group, especially if this is made up of newer players to the game. The fact that Zanuka can completely override protective abilities such as Iron Skin (don't really know if this is for every level) pretty much leads to the slaughter of those that were not prepared anyway.

That was just for two people? The boss may be much more manageable if his level scaling only made him around level 18 or so instead, since that would give newer players more of a chance to beat him than there currently is.

Edit: I just remembered that this sort of thing actually happened early into update 9. Vor's level scaling was ridiculous to the point of him being a level 100 or so. I unfortunately never saw this for myself though, but it was at least rapidly dealt with.

Edit 2: Because I don't feel like making a new post.

In OP's defense, he's actually a lot more reasonable in solo mode (level 25 last time I solo'd him) and those are pretty high tier weapons. I'm not sure if it's an armor scaling issue, but Alad is tanky as hell in online mode (he's a bit more reasonable now but he still eats almost all ammo types for breakfast). I'm honestly not sure how lower-tier players are expected to win this fight, unless his level lowers drastically based on player loadout or something.

Level 25 for solo? That is just downright false advertising then. The levels for his mission do not demonstrate how highly leveled he actually is (completely unlike every other boss mission in the game). 

Edited by ObsceneSoul

I solod him Trinity & Brakk.

Didn't take more than 5 minutes.

In OP's defense, he's actually a lot more reasonable in solo mode (level 25 last time I solo'd him) and those are pretty high tier weapons. I'm not sure if it's an armor scaling issue, but Alad is tanky as hell in online mode (he's a bit more reasonable now but he still eats almost all ammo types for breakfast). I'm honestly not sure how lower-tier players are expected to win this fight, unless his level lowers drastically based on player loadout or something.

Just a notice for anyone who has read the topic and/or seen the video. I added some annotations to the video to hopefully remove any confusion brought about by it. The description was also edited with the same info if you just don't feel like waiting for the annotations in the video (they are in the first 20 seconds of it if you didn't know that).

I'm gonna see what level the boss is along with the minions on the four group sizes. I will post them below when I can find that information out. Nightmare mode is not included here but can be expected to be just as ridiculous.

Solo - Alad V and Zanuka are level 25 with level 15 minions.

Two Person Squad - 

Three Person Squad - Alad V and Zanuka are level 50 and the minions are level 30s.

Four Person Squad -

Edited by ObsceneSoul

I soloed him with gear which was had around 20 mod capacity. It was challenging and fun. I think everything is fine

You know, I just proved that my theory is completely false. Wanna know how?

I went on to Mercury and battle Captain Vor. You may be wondering why this destroys my theory, right? Well, he was level 28 for me, so I assume that bosses actually scale based on your Mastery Rank now. This is a fantastic feature, in my opinion, and I wish I discovered it before I made this topic. The rest of this thread, if it is left open, should be for discussing this idea as opposed to Alad V being overpowered.

Level 25 for solo? That is just downright false advertising then. The levels for his mission do not demonstrate how highly leveled he actually is (completely unlike every other boss mission in the game). 

I've found that every boss is higher leveled than the mission advertises (I recall Vor being a minimum of level 9 right before damage 2.0 rolled out, when Tolstoj was labelled as level 3-5). Alad V just seems to kick it up to an 11, even though he only goes from level 25 to 32. Although seeing as he's armored, it is possible that it's an armor scaling issue that makes his tankiness spike so high with a 4-man squad.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

I just finished a solo fight with Salad and he was definitely op when using my ash. Note: I'm not a noob and I have beaten him many times before. Chasing him around just to get stomped, blinded, slowed, shot at and then blown to bits by missiles becomes the bane of a "good fight". I mean I don't mind a challenge but when I am hit with these effects all at the same time, how can I fight back? It felt like playing with REALLY BAD LAG where you don't know what your warframe is doing (probably running aimlessly into walls/missiles), you don't know what the enemies are plotting and you don't know which corner Salad is hiding in. By the time you see Salad again he blinds you again. I like the idea of bosses being scaled but Salad needs to be tweaked so that I'm not completely blind by the time I turn 20 yrs old. 

Edit: I tried the fight again and I noticed what I was doing wrong. The simplest way I can put it is that that fight didn't suit my most common playstyle. I like playing stealthy, assassin-like, and most of all invisible. So I use smoke screen a lot. I got too used to walking up to the boss and cutting him/her to pieces while dazzling everyone with my speed. Also I never needed shield + health mods to get my ash through anything so that was new to me. So If you're like me, here's a tip: Separating them helps a great deal and take out Alad then trash zanuka. It worked for me. 

Alad V is the toughest boss for me which is weird because of its level. Well then again all the other bosses let me use smoke screen. lol

Edited by Bulletheadp