The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Side With Infested For Once? So They Could Get A World Back?

LtZefar

Ok, since DE have shown this game have no bad consequences for teaming up with the worst faction out there(Grineer) I thought it'd be nice to be able to team up with Infested. So that they could get a planet back and that we could get Survival once again.

I want my bloody Survival back with infested so I can level up Ogris that I recently started to use again. Infested are the only enemies that actually attack you. Corpus run away almost all the time. Grineer hides behind stuff far to often. Even when they get powerful. It's boring. Not to mention their numbers seems to be lacking most of the time.

Infested just charge at you like a good enemy should do. They also show up in decent numbers.

Also no, Derelict Survival isn't a good place. The maps on them are horrible.

I do want a survival with infested back, even though siding with them is odd.

If you are lucky you can find a survival map under infested invasion and you get an infested survival mission with a few units of the original side helping you.

I do want a planet for infested at least or something similar...

Yes, yes, side with the hive-minded berserker enemies that have no sense of right or wrong.

Logical.

Edit: Spock is now in a corner bleeding through his eyes.

Fight Phorid. He can talk to you and tells you to like surrender to them and join them. I think it was Phorid that talked like that. So they do might care a bit if we decide to help them.

I do wish they had their own world or once a week a rift opened to the Orokin Derelict and they would start invading planets and the very first node the invade of planets would be defense missions then any other nodes that get taken over after that first should be three invasion then the rest of the nodes would be exterminate. I also thought they should of implemented a new Infested enemy with this invasion something that is small in large swarms that are the core to infesting and converting organics. If not they should continue to have their own world where the outer nodes, ones that connect to other planets, should be defense missions and slowly infest the first world nodes that connect to them and that mission type would be high level survival to give them a fighting chance to invade properly and infest. The rest of the nodes should be exterminate on other planets after the initial survival node.

Example: Eris, Acanth would be a Defence mission then Uranus, Cordelia would be high level survival and then other nodes on Uranus would be exterminate with one or two more survival in there.

There has to be some way to work the lore to allow this. There needs to be, it would make scanning those crawlers so much easier if they were friendly.

Ehh... I will side with the Zerg in Starcraft... I must be crazy

With Kerrigan in control the Zerg can be reasoned with... here's hoping that there's some kind of driving force behind the infestation that's willing to give us battle pay.

Edited by Cybernetix

I will only ever support the Grineer and to a lesser extent the chaos that are the Infested. If DE wants to make their game fun and interesting and have a new outlook and story with different views and depth of lore; I strongly recommend them let us be part of the Infested. We know that they are not stupid and that they have voice, we've come across these intelligent few in the boss battles we've encountered. Is it to far fetched that they maybe more then meets the eye with them?

DE has a wonderful clean slate with the infested and adding new lore characters and people to their ranks. A shot in the dark wouldn't hurt in the least. I'll even start it off, a Warframe and or a Tenno who believed in their cause and is the spokes person for their collective. I much prefer the Tenno to be female then male but that's personal preference .

Yeeeah-No.

I'd rather not. I quite like how the Infested are now, Youknow. A real, Infestation popping up to try and take over random places,

And as others have said, They are mindless. They can't offer us a reward. Their reward is.. Assimilation. So ye.

Well we could have another rouge Tenno like Stalker and the reason why he/she went rouge is because this infused tenno/infested was worried that the Tenno would turn their back on he/she because their warframe is half organic attached to their very being and they can hear the whispering of an overmind of sorts talking to them and they fear that this higher intelligence that is within the infested can learn through them because they are part infested. This Infested frame desires to be freed from the whispers and wants to find out how they became half infested so they ask the Tenno for help and this Infested Frame can control a handful of infested to revolt and find out how they became and to end the whispering. This could lead to multiple enemies, a new warframe (not the Half infested warframe but one similar) a new boss and title set. Yes this sounds like Star craft but this way would make alot of sense. As I said the Half Infested Warframe would be exclusive like Stalker is and maybe after beating that "hivemind" make their be a plot twist in we actually destroyed what was helping the Half Infested Warframe stay human thus he becomes an Half Infested Warframe Boss fight in the new tile set after the event.

It's like saying "I will side with zombies" during a world war z

Except it's nothing like that.

It is very clear that there are at least somewhat intelligent Infested lifeforms amongst the swarm, like Lephantis and Phorid.  If we can cut a deal with a "Rawr kill all non-Grineer" race, we can cut a deal with a "Rawr kill everything" race.

Edited by Katakuna

Yes, yes, side with the hive-minded berserker enemies that have no sense of right or wrong.

Logical.

Edit: Spock is now in a corner bleeding through his eyes.

Isn't this pretty much what all of you mongs did during the Gravidus event though? Grineer, Infected... same degenerate sh- err... stuff.

Isn't this pretty much what all of you mongs did during the Gravidus event though? Grineer, Infected... same degenerate sh- err... stuff.

This is true, but everything the Tenno "sided" with have had some form of sentience. Siding with the Infected is like walking up and high-fiving a hive mind, expecting it NOT to try and control you/devour your DNA.

This is true, but everything the Tenno "sided" with have had some form of sentience. Siding with the Infected is like walking up and high-fiving a hive mind, expecting it NOT to try and control you/devour your DNA.

The Grineer and Corpus are just as likely to turn on us given the chance.

No one is certain if the infested are just brainless. They might be able to think quite well and if they have a hive mind the leader would just inform the infected to not attack a Tennos.

Also all the infested are just Corpus/Grineer being turned over and they still got quite a brain in them. We don't know yet because they are most likely told to find you and kill you because you're dangerous.

For the point about having an infested conquer a planet being bad. How is it any worse than Grineer taking over a planet? They are most likely far more dangerous than infested are.

The rewards could be cash or Infested type items. Like Mutagen samples or Mutagen Mass.