The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Meanwhile At The De 11.3 Board Meeting....

Luminati07

People would never have needed / wanted to grind Cyath etc if there were other equal or better ways to farm XP.

That was all they needed to fix.

Honestly though, I dont mind the infested being moved to an actual infestation and most people are just QQing too much.

Edited by Santaphrax

i am not sulking. i am thinking what i wanna do now.

because as it turned out, Cyath was the only reason to play this game for me... i am kinda.. surprised.

Yeah, I liked running infested missions too :/ The only faction where you can simply sit back, farm, and really enjoy the mission as you don't have to worry those damn hitscan bullets, or shockwave moas.

Surprising how big of a change ~2-3 missions (cyath, mimas, and xini for me) really made.

Honestly though, I dont mind the infested being moved to an actual infestation and most people are just QQing too much.

-1, infested were great for simply sitting back and farming because there was little to no risk AND they ran towards you which meant loot wasn't spread everywhere.

If they would just give eris back to the infested everyone would be happy.

People would never have needed / wanted to grind Cyath etc if there were other equal or better ways to farm XP.

That was all they needed to fix.

well you are wrong. kappa provides better xp than cyath, difference in 20k. however by drops Cyath was superior.

and of course as bonus - burned down chargers. <- i  miss that.

Edited by Althix

i am not sulking. i am thinking what i wanna do now.

because as it turned out, Cyath was the only reason to play this game for me... i am kinda.. surprised.

Yeah, I liked running infested missions too :/ The only faction where you can simply sit back, farm, and really enjoy the mission as you don't have to worry those damn hitscan bullets, or shockwave moas.

Surprising how big of a change ~2-3 missions (cyath, mimas, and xini for me) really made.

Yep.

Pretty much the only thing I did in the game was Palus. That was one hell of a mission (I wrote a guide on the damn thing that got stickied. Thanks for ruining my guide, DE)

I've logged in once since update 11.3

If DE truly didn't foresee a backlash from removing these enjoyable missions, then that just goes to show how little they think things through

Yep.

Pretty much the only thing I did in the game was Palus. That was one hell of a mission (I wrote a guide on the damn thing that got stickied. Thanks for ruining my guide, DE)

I've logged in once since update 11.3

If DE truly didn't foresee a backlash from removing these enjoyable missions, then that just goes to show how little they think things through

While they may have been enjoyable, the worst part is, they have again gimped a means of players coping with their shoddy choices. Effectively making farming for certain items (the primary method of retention) x10s the chore it already was.

As for not logging in, well I've been trying my damnedest to find another game. This has basically become a second job. Whether it's posting on the forums to try and help, or playing the game. The ironic part is the latter is more of a chore than the former.

Edited by theGreatZamboni

ironicaly i made a post before update, like couple of hours before:

running Cyath game is fun

running Palus game is fun

---> both removed.

and couple of days before update with Brakk i made a post about that changes are coming for this gun because Steve lost his beard: Brakk was changed.

"I hear voices in my head they council me, they understand. They talk to me." (btw Randy Orton is Champion of Champions <-facepalm)

Well.. last hope that new tile set for Earth will come with new game mode, because there is not a single reason to play but for kill count, which is most useless stat in the game.

Edited by Althix

ironicaly i made a post before update, like couple of hours before:

running Cyath game is fun

running Palus game is fun

---> both removed.

and couple of days before update with Brakk i made a post about that changes are coming for this gun because Steve lost his beard: Brakk was changed.

"I hear voices in my head they council me, they understand. They talk to me." (btw Randy Orton is Champion of Champions <-facepalm)

Well.. last hope that new tile set for Earth will come with new game mode, because there is not a single reason to play but for kill count, which is most useless stat in the game.

To be fair the night of U11 I told Scott about two shotting the Jackal with the Brakk. While it was fun, no one in their right mind would ever think that is intentional and showcased how little DE knows of their own system/design. I told him more over to make a point about both the kind of content we have and the means in which we experience that content. So instead of tweaking the Brakk, Damage 2.0 and the Jackal (other content) they slapped the Brakk with a nerf. While that fixes part of the issue, it is only a band-aid.

(Also that match was absolute S#&$. It showcased every reason the IWC hates Cena and Orton.They can't even tell a story, let alone hold up a match with this much weight/expectations riding it. Bringing it back to DE and video games: Doing the bare minimum to get by instead of trying your damnedest to prove people wrong and raise the bar. Hear the criticism and choosing to ignore it. Keep doing what you are doing, until it drives even the most loyal fans away.)

yeah match was even worse than team of pugs on mobile defense. facepalm all the way down.

funny thing - damage 2.0 is actually simplier than 1.0 but in the same time it is a failure. simply because instead of fixing issues with armor they made it worse plus resistance.

you know... this is why they nerfed grakata back then. damn thing could kill jackal in mere seconds as well.

Edited by Althix

To be fair the night of U11 I told Scott about two shotting the Jackal with the Brakk. While it was fun, no one in their right mind would ever think that is intentional and showcased how little DE knows of their own system/design. I told him more over to make a point about both the kind of content we have and the means in which we experience that content. So instead of tweaking the Brakk, Damage 2.0 and the Jackal (other content) they slapped the Brakk with a nerf. While that fixes part of the issue, it is only a band-aid.

I 1-shot the Jackal with my Snipetron Vandal... :/

I hope to got  it doesn't get hit with the nerf hammer, too.

You're completely right, tweaking the Brakk/damage 2.0 should have come first. Not an outright overnerf.

Jackal should be tweaked as well. You used to never be able to kill it without taking out its legs. Even shooting with a fully modded Hek took forever to take out its body shield.

Seems DE just flat out gave the Jackal one hell of a nerf.

... Mutagen masses are being given out now regularly as part of the dynamic infestation events, and for many people performance has increased dramatically. 

Also, they didn't remove infested from the game....? 

I can max this game out now.  I'm behind ya with screwing up resistances tho...  At least DE try and do something instead of being impotent like most other companies... 

And infested present almost no challenge in defense.  Just get a vauban and a nova, or a nyx and there you go.  No challenge, its just easy-mode grinding.  I prefer a bit of challenge, thank you.  And Infested need to be buffed big time IMO.

On an unrelated note, I still get irritated to this day that people complained when they fixed the rage-quick thinking invincibility combo.

Edited by Gaminus

... Mutagen masses are being given out now regularly as part of the dynamic infestation events, and for many people performance has increased dramatically. 

Also, they didn't remove infested from the game....? 

I can max this game out now.  I'm behind ya with screwing up resistances tho...  At least DE try and do something instead of being impotent like most other companies... 

And infested present almost no challenge in defense.  Just get a vauban and a nova, or a nyx and there you go.  No challenge, its just challenge-less grinding.  I prefer a bit of challenge, thank you.  And Infested need to be buffed big time IMO.

1) Giving out Mutagen Masses as battle pay shouldn't be the solution for a God-awful design decision. DE should never have removed Mutagen from the planet drop tables in the first place.

2) I know they didn't remove the Infested from the game, that part of my OP shouldn't be taken literally. They did, however, remove all the Infested missions that people had fun with.

3) To me, Infested present more of a challenge than Corpus or Grineer.

Corpus and Grineer are boring as hell to fight. The only "challenge" they offer at high levels is the stupid HP/armour scaling, high damage and pinpoint accuracy.

For years, shooters have lazily increased difficulty with just upping these values.

Whatever happened to smarter AI for 'harder' enemies....Those were the days.

1) Giving out Mutagen Masses as battle pay shouldn't be the solution for a God-awful design decision. DE should never have removed Mutagen from the planet drop tables in the first place.

2) I know they didn't remove the Infested from the game, that part of my OP shouldn't be taken literally. They did, however, remove all the Infested missions that people had fun with.

3) To me, Infested present more of a challenge than Corpus or Grineer.

Corpus and Grineer are boring as hell to fight. The only "challenge" they offer at high levels is the stupid HP/armour scaling, high damage and pinpoint accuracy.

For years, shooters have lazily increased difficulty with just upping these values.

Whatever happened to smarter AI for 'harder' enemies....Those were the days.

I agree with the complaints with the Derelicts. 

And I've always found Xini incredibly dull and unchallenging, or hell, any other infested defense.  Just get a vauban and nova or a nyx, Like I said.  Hell, defense is generally easy.  Frost+Vauban is all you need for the other two factions. 

At least corpus and grineer have some form of ranged attack, all infested do is run at you, tentacles raised, only to be picked up by a bastille or be kersploded instantly by Nova.  Bombards, though...  You have to use tactics on those SOB's.  Also antimoas and Techs.  Those present more of a threat than damage 1.0 toxic ancients. 

And I agree with the AI of todays shooters.  Too simple... What happened to FEAR 1's flanking replicants and Crysis 1's crafty Koreans?

Give credit where credit is due.  Warframe has progressed INCREDIBLY so far.  Update 11 has been a great success!  But it is subject to all the headaches and bumps-in-the-road that accompany any update. 

We have to remember; these are incremental improvements that occur over loooong periods of time.   It's a bunch of small improvements over so long that we forget how much better it's gotten.

Give credit where credit is due.  Warframe has progressed INCREDIBLY so far.  Update 11 has been a great success!  But it is subject to all the headaches and bumps-in-the-road that accompany any update. 

We have to remember; these are incremental improvements that occur over loooong periods of time.   It's a bunch of small improvements over so long that we forget how much better it's gotten.

Back on topic: The day of U11 I congratulated Scott for the work. I spent the majority of the night and following morning giving feedback to him, example of which being the Brakk. I reported bugs and even made a video as per his request to help show the ClanTech bug. I give credit where it is due. The Art Direction of Warframe is incredible. But the game is running on the vapors of promises, promises yet to be fulfilled. I have come to the realization that DE is truly treating this as a beta, often contradicting their actions. I would not call it a beta, but they are actually using this time to do what would normally be done behind closed doors. The reason no one has done this before with such a large test group should be obvious. You end up with a lot of upset people. When you market it like a full game, when you treat it like a full game, only to turn around and actually proclaim this is a beta; it will garner mixed reactions.

Back on topic: The day of U11 I congratulated Scott for the work. I spent the majority of the night and following morning giving feedback to him, example of which being the Brakk. I reported bugs and even made a video as per his request to help show the ClanTech bug. I give credit where it is due. The Art Direction of Warframe is incredible. But the game is running on the vapors of promises, promises yet to be fulfilled. I have come to the realization that DE is truly treating this as a beta, often contradicting their actions. I would not call it a beta, but they are actually using this time to do what would normally be done behind closed doors. The reason no one has done this before with such a large test group should be obvious. You end up with a lot of upset people. When you market it like a full game, when you treat it like a full game, only to turn around and actually proclaim this is a beta; it will garner mixed reactions.

I approve of DE's methods, as well.  And yes, marketing a beta as full game is all too common.  People misunderstand what betas are for nowadays.  A shame Warframe isn't marketed more heavily as beta! 

Edited by Gaminus

I approve of DE's methods, as well.  And yes, marketing a beta as full game is all too common.  People misunderstand what betas are for nowadays.  A shame Warframe isn't marketed more heavily as beta! 

I think you are misunderstanding me. You should never market an unfinished product as heavily as DE has marketed Warframe. They do so out of necessity. To say "People misunderstand what betas are for nowadays" comes from a place of ignorance I cannot comprehend. Betas are a negative trend. Because game publishers and developers have highjacked them and are using them precisely for what DE is doing. Making money off an Minimum Viable Product. What we are doing as players now, is largely what QA testers go through. Except, we aren't getting paid and in some cases we pay them. Again there is a huge level of self awareness about this on the part of DE that makes this so unsettling. Before you make a rebuttle defending the concept of what the industry now labels a "beta": How many games have failed to make it out of beta before they died, simply due to incompetence? MechWarrior Online is in a sorry state and just like Warframe, is heading the way of Tribes: Ascend.