Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Twin Vipers Magazine Size 28. Why?

FableTale

So I've been thinking lately why does Afuris have a magazine size of 70 but Twin vipers has only 28? Afuris is the Grineer killer because of it's puncture focused damage and twin vipers is the Corpus because of it's impact damage I can see that. However shouldn't it have 70 also especially since it's firerate is faster than Afuris too?

Thoughts?

Fast reload, higher crit rate, higher damage, faster ROF, higher accuracy

It all dpends on what you're looking for
I do indeed think the mag is to low, but, yea look at dual vastos.
lol
Im not complaning, because they shread anything.
just slap on Ice storm+extended mag (oor what ever the mod's are)
for increased mag size

Fast reload, higher crit rate, higher damage, faster ROF, higher accuracy

It all dpends on what you're looking for

I do indeed think the mag is to low, but, yea look at dual vastos.

lol

Im not complaning, because they shread anything.

just slap on Ice storm+extended mag (oor what ever the mod's are)

for increased mag size

Based on the wiki it says they have the same reload time, have a 1 damage difference, and Twin vipers has a faster fire rate.

What I'm trying to say is they are similar weapons, but just are used for different factions yet Twin vipers has a tiny magazine for the task they serve.

Compared too Afuris.......

That's the problem. You're comparing it to a different gun that has a larger mag by default. Stands to reason the dual version's gonna be bigger as well. I'm afraid that all I can say is, "deal with it". If the tiny mag annoys you, slap on extra ammo mods or just use a different gun.

The answer to your question is incredibly simple:

Dual weapons have 2 times the mag capacity as their single versions.

The Afuris have a larger clip size by default, but the twin vipers have a .8 second faster reload, higher base damage, and 3 times higher crit rate than the Afuris.

I would say that having a smaller clip size balances it out against the Afuris whose only advantage is that it can fire for longer, and when it needs to reload it takes nearly an entire second more.

Still doesn't answer my question really which is why is that. They are both automatic, both have high fire rate (In fact, Twin vipers has a higher fire rate), both do low damage (difference is which faction they are effective against), and so on.

thats a really dumb analogy my friend. Thats like saying the grakata and soma should have the same magazine size  because theyre both rifles, fire really fast, and do low base damage (unless modded correctly)

thats a really dumb analogy my friend. Thats like saying the grakata and soma should have the same magazine size  because theyre both rifles, fire really fast, and do low base damage (unless modded correctly)

It's a dumb analogy because I stated an observation that two weapons are similar? Okay........

Umm, because the original Viper has 14 bullets per mag

When you have two, you get 28 bullets between the two weapons

It's simple math, really

*cough* read the original post *cough* *cough* it asks why does it for such a fast fire rate *cough* WOW. That's a heck of a cough I got there.

The answer to your question is incredibly simple:

Dual weapons have 2 times the mag capacity as their single versions.

The Afuris have a larger clip size by default, but the twin vipers have a .8 second faster reload, higher base damage, and 3 times higher crit rate than the Afuris.

I would say that having a smaller clip size balances it out against the Afuris whose only advantage is that it can fire for longer, and when it needs to reload it takes nearly an entire second more.

What is this sorcery? An actual response that doesn't prove they too can do basic addition and has INSIGHT? I'm flabbergasted

Seriously though thanks.

If you want to ask anything, ask why the Furis has 35 rounds and the Viper only has 14.

Fair enough. I can't think why in this case Furis has more. I can't understand DE to be honest. They really just do whatever they want I guess.

Although the main reason I would guess is because it has a firerate of 20.

Edited by FableTale

One must realize: these weapons were designed during damage 1.0, before the two weapons had different ammo types to be used on different factions. They were designed for different roles. The Viper(s) was designed, in my belief, as a heavy buster. Boasting larger crits, damage, and fire rates to pump as much damage into an enemy in as little time as possible. The Furis, on the other hand, with its massive clip size and lower rate of fire, was designed to deal with medium-sized crowds and little guys. But, after all, it's just a theory... a game the-- wait, not my show.

@BioCharge
Exactly.

They were meant to fill two entirely different roles.

The viper/twin vipers were made to do fast and high burst damage and are better for single targets.

The furis/afuris were made to do more sustained DPS as well being good against crowds and preventing a bosses shields from regenning while people reload.

two guns with two different purposes which is the reason they have two very different sets of stats and clip sizes.

One must realize: these weapons were designed during damage 1.0, before the two weapons had different ammo types to be used on different factions. They were designed for different roles. The Viper(s) was designed, in my belief, as a heavy buster. Boasting larger crits, damage, and fire rates to pump as much damage into an enemy in as little time as possible. The Furis, on the other hand, with its massive clip size and lower rate of fire, was designed to deal with medium-sized crowds and little guys. But, after all, it's just a theory... a game the-- wait, not my show.

Go for it finish the sentence you deserve it !

Anyways with the new damage system, do you guys think that they should have a change in Ammo capacity or magazine size now?