Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Penta + Split Chamber-Bug?

mercuyr

I have read about how people are using Split Chamber on the Penta to allow it to fire 2 grenades. There are some arguments about how it uses 2 ammo per shot and whether that's a good thing or not.

The problem I have is that my Penta won't fire 2 grenades, ever. I have Forma'd it twice, moved the mod(maxed btw) around, but I never see 2 grenades fire, and I never use more than 1 grenade worth of ammo.

Any advice?

Edited by mercuyr

Are there 2 explosions?  Do 2 damage numbers pop up when you explode 1 grenade?  Perhaps something in your settings isn't allowing the second grenade to show up.

And Multi-shot SHOULDN'T use 2 ammo!  The second 'shot' happens without using another 'ammo'!  That's the whole point of multi-shot!  

With my Soma, I see 2 bullets hit a wall (I thought I once saw 3, but that must not be correct because it's only 90% chance...) and I see 2 damage numbers pop up when I shoot an enemy

Edited by CannaWhoopazz

The problem I have is that my Penta won't fire 2 grenades, ever. I have Forma'd it twice, moved the mod(maxed btw) around, but I never see 2 grenades fire, and I never use more than 1 grenade worth of ammo.

Any advice?

it shoots two grenades, they are just on top of eachother, 100% accuracy.

If you hit a target like a Fan in a Grineer base, they will split, because the first grenade bounces off from the fan. thats how i noticed, that there is not one grenade with two explosion, instead two grenades that act like one.

Also: Split chamber wont use two shots of your ammo.

Its menat that Penta can have only 5 Grenades at the same time, and there your Spit-Chamber grenades count as two.

I would recommend Split-Chamber, its very effective to let them explode over the enemies head, it counts as headshot.

wait for them to lay on the ground deals less damage

I have read about how people are using Split Chamber on the Penta to allow it to fire 2 grenades. There are some arguments about how it uses 2 ammo per shot and whether that's a good thing or not.

Any advice?

it only use 1 grenade, and the grenades are sometimes perfectly aligned looks like one then

There isn't a huge amount of point using Split Chamber anyway. Both those grenades count towards the total number of 5 you can have live lying on the ground. No matter what you do, you can only ever have 5 grenades lying around.

If you use it as a Mine-Layer: True

If you use it as a Singleshot GL: False

As i said, a grenade-explosion above the head of the enemy counts as headshot, and what is better than one headshot? two

Edited by LazerusKI

maybe the 2 projectil are shoot in the same time but they enter in colision so one of them is expel somewhere you cant see

and you know you cant shoot more than 5 grnade , try shoot 5 of them and dont explose , reload and try to shoot more , you can't shoot more than 5 if you dont explode the other already lunch

Edited by Xodahs

Are there seriously people who not only consistently use this thing to lay "traps" but also make those traps so elaborate they require all 5 grenades to be in play at once?

I understand the appeal of cute play at the expense of efficiency, but that is just excessive.

Are there seriously people who not only consistently use this thing to lay "traps" but also make those traps so elaborate they require all 5 grenades to be in play at once?

I understand the appeal of cute play at the expense of efficiency, but that is just excessive.

My thoughts exactly. I only ever have one grenade out. I shoot, wait for the perfect moment when the grenade is right above someone and detonate it in their face. Penta doesn't have the greatest fire rate for spamming. Not that it needs to, since it's a OHK with the right mods anyway.

So Heavy Caliber will make the two grenades always visible?

I use Heavy Caliber, 4 from the top and I have never seen two grenades. My guess it's bugged and doesn't affect Penta's accuracy at all. I'm sure they'll fix it soon.

Edited by Aspartux

Split Chamber will make 2 grenades pop out at the cost of 1 shot. However, since the weapon has ZERO recoil or loss of accuracy even with Heavy Caliber, both grenades are ejected and bounce in the exact same manner, making it seem like there's only one. You can tell that you have more than 1 grenade launched when after firing 3 times (and assuming all three triggered Split Chamber), the weapon won't fire anymore unless you blow up the "3" grenades you placed.

So as long as the weapon has perfect accuracy, you'll always see a single grenade for every shot even if you have 2 launched simultaneously.

Edited by Wiegraf

• 2 weeks later...

Well this is what i found out so far as this goes, i mean i could be wrong so correct me if im wrong.

If you use Split chamber with Heavy Cal then this it is like having two nodes on the ground exploding.  And yes it is noticable having two of them firing, you could see it.

But if you have Split Chamber with Serration it well act as one explosion so it'll stack.  Since none of the nodes are separated.

Having Both Split chamber with serration/heavy cal as tricombo it'll be the same as having split chamber + heavy cal won't stack at all.  Since like i said the nodes are separated.  but by having this tricombo it is like firing 1 node with 330%x2 and the 2nd node act like dud.

Also Serration + heavy cal combo seem to do less Damge than having Split chamber + serration assuming you don't forma a few time to put all 3 mods in as stated above.  Which is weird since max serration/heavy cal both does 165%, so x2 is 330%.  Same as Split chamber + serration also is 330% assuming you fire 2 vs 1 at 90%chance split chamber. Its the same so something is off which doesn't make sense to me.