Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Finally Get Some High-Mastery Weapons?

Genoscythe

As we have more than 100 weapons now, which all reside in a very low tier spectrum, people with a high mastery like me are waiting for weapons that really stand out of the mass, weapons that have high crafting requirements, and, of course, require a high mastery.

I am not talking about another mastery 7 weapon, I mean mastery 12/13/14, something that rewards us for grinding and being a slave of the worst progress system in the world, mastery.

I think we have enough low-tier weapons, and also missions, for now (all of the existing weapons can be played with mastery 8). It is time to give us weapons or missions that need at least mastery 12 or 10 to enter.

Because having more resource drones is not really a reward for people who effectively dont need any more resources because they have all weapons.

Also increased trades per day sounds good, but I wont level through 150 weapons just for that.

I don't see the point of it.

More damage?

Exclusivity?

Bragging rights?

Maximum mastery is 30 and I hope there are supposed to be harder missions than what we have now, not higher levels, jsut new enemies that are much harder than the existing ones. So I think asking for high-mastery weapons is justified.

@ Genoscythe look after eight months DE managed to give us a new game mode which is half done - survivals.

and you are looking so so so so so sooooooo far away in the future. i mean come on. chances are that MR30 you will grind on old good Kappa.

Edited by Althix

I don't see the point of it.

More damage?

Exclusivity?

Bragging rights?

all above. i am almost level 7 :) and i have hard time to be motivated. anyone on levels 12+ should be like some demigod. and for that, you need guns that will not embarrass you.

A possible way could be weapons that are not much stronger, but maybe just a bit flashier with what they do or more specialized.

I somehow got to MR11 but I agree that there is virtually nothing to make me pay attention to the mastery rank anymore. Since MR7 It just happens along the way.

Okay,here's your lvl14 mastery exclusive-OP weapons,what then?Same repetiveness and grind(on same missions)?

Mastery 7-8 is already a high requirement for majority of players.

This game need more/various game modes and other things(like element/damage balance and bug fixes),not some exclusive weapons for "elite".

I'm pretty sure there will be some new weapons for high lvl mastery in a long term.

/Passing by.

Sort of solution: At hitting mastery 10/11/12 you get a point to spend. It can upgrade ANY weapon to double its stats. I mean seriously, double damage, half the reload time and double ammo capacity and crit an all that stuff. Except reload, that gets halved. 

Ideas? I mean this way we can love the weapon we want to love and not be forced to use high tier guns we might not even like.

Sort of solution: At hitting mastery 10/11/12 you get a point to spend. It can upgrade ANY weapon to double its stats. I mean seriously, double damage, half the reload time and double ammo capacity and crit an all that stuff. Except reload, that gets halved. 

Ideas? I mean this way we can love the weapon we want to love and not be forced to use high tier guns we might not even like.

Doubling is a bit too much, but your idea is very similar to what i'll post several hours later. I was polishing idea for some time and it'll be available for discussing just after i finish some battle pays.

Edited by SpFinX

What would you actually want in a Mastery 12+ weapon

OP damage?

Fancy flashing effects?

Re-skins of old weapons with double the ammo?

Stupidly large size?

Highly graphically detailed weapons?

Something that doesn't stand out visually or damage-wise, it just takes an insane amount of resources to craft??

Swiss knife burst/shotgun/grenade launcher/sniper/smg all in one gun?

There shouldn't be one best weapon that everyone uses, that gets extremely boring. As for art I think all the graphic design is going into new tile-sets to give planets proper themes and new frames which is fun for anyone that plays the game no matter what mastery. At the end of the day you've clocked much much more than the advertised 30+ hours of console games that sell for $80+(if you achieve MR12+), eventually you reach the end of a beta game.

IMO Just having every mod in existence maxed and squad mates seeing your MR by the health bar is a decent reward.

Wow did anyone read the OP at all? Geno did not mention weapon power or making an OP weapon.

The weapon could be on the same tier is existing strong weaps, such as synapse and soma. It's the point that us high mastery folks might still have, you know...Goals to reach? Something to look forward to?

Geez.

I hit mastery rank 8 yesterday have I don't see myself leveling up any more weapons for MR, there isn't a point!  I have access to all weapons if I want them.  I hated leveling up melee weapons, or the Grakata (pre U11); I'd rather have fun playing with my favorite weapons, and forma-ing them to make them SUPER fun!

If there was a weapon that was mastery Rank 14 or something that was OP (soma/synapse level), and fun to use, I'd keep grinding out Mastery Ranks.  But currently I see no point.  I need to forma my Soma, Vasto (or make Dual Vastos..?), Synapse and Penta.  I may hit MR 9 just because I have several warframes I want to level still, and some Primes to get, but that will be an accident of sorts!

Edited by CannaWhoopazz

Wow did anyone read the OP at all? Geno did not mention weapon power or making an OP weapon.

The weapon could be on the same tier is existing strong weaps, such as synapse and soma. It's the point that us high mastery folks might still have, you know...Goals to reach? Something to look forward to?

Geez.

Yep I read it, that's why I asked him to specify what he meant. He may very well mean a more powerful weapon. Just saying "MR12 weapon pls" is far to vague for a coherent discussion, it will derail in all directions.

Yep I read it, that's why I asked him to specify what he meant. He may very well mean a more powerful weapon. Just saying "MR12 weapon pls" is far to vague for a coherent discussion, it will derail in all directions.

Even if he meant more powerful weapons i would enjoy it as im rank 10 soon 11 and there is nothing more to achieve

i dont mind if there would be jellys who call me "elite" or that i want them for bragging, i rather want some high rank powerful weapons to have something to achieve.

I also would appreciate some side void that people could enter above level Mastery 10 for more challenge and harder enemies.

For example 30 min Survival or 40 wave defense.

Edited by zzang

fair enough.

OP, I am going to copy your thread with some addl clarity. I'll cite you in it.

High mastery weapons aren't only a reward for the elite, they are something for the low MR players to look forward to, and an incentive to actually master the weapons instead of get to rank 6, get soma, and stick with it cuz its "all they need" till they get bored and go play something else.

Why is everybody talking about uber weapons? If a mastery 14 weapon would be 20% better than a normal MR 5 weapon, with the right mods, this would already have great potential.

Also weapons with bigger tradeoffs would be a possibility, like a rifle with high recoil, slow fire rate and extremely high damage.

I also ask myself what a mastery 30 weapon will look, doing just sidegrades for the high-tier stuff seems like a bit unmotivating to work for. We need upgrades, but the problem is at the moment, we dont have missions to use our good weapons in.

Synapse and weapons with more than 10k dps are not OP, we only have lowbob missions at the moment, this is why they just seem overpowered.

Still I think if DE spams us full with weapons, there have to be some for those who did more than the average player.

Edited by Genoscythe