Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thought For The Exclusives Situation

MechNexus

People want exclusives to be distributed again.

Others argue that that shouldn't be, as they were for that event and that event only.

I propose a compromise:

With the holiday sale, the holiday skins were added, and can be sold in the steam market.

Why don't we do this with the Vandals, Wraiths, Discontinued items and, possibly, the founders gear?

It allows people who want them to get them, yet they're technically not being redistributed.

Think of it like the promo items for tf2 - Those are limited time, so it shows that the owner bought the game on release, yet those can be traded away if the owner wishes.

Is this perhaps a reasonable compromise?

Edited by MechNexus

No.

It's exclusive, so let it be so.

I'd hate to sound so ruthless, but come on.

Honestly many of these rewards many payed for the fact alone they were exclusive.

Also, many players put much time into obtaining these weapons and more, you should all earn it rather than just buying it once more.

If they did this for all event rewards, no one would feel like doing events.

Edited by 123Olympian

The main reason why I don't believe these type of ideas will ever become a reality is because those items are called "Exclusives" for a reason. They are items that were meant to be for a specific time frame. I sympathize for those who want those items and missed out for various reasons, most of which were not of their choosing, but this is how exclusive things work.

Am I saying that DE will stand firm on this? No one but them can really say, but from where I'm sitting, they wont and it's not really worth sulking over to begin with. There will be more weapons. Look forward to them.

Just to be sure, what are these exclusive things ?

Gear like lato/skana prime, strun wraith, and so on ?

That is correct. Wraith weapons, Vandal weapons, the Founders rewards (Excalibur, Lato and Skana prime), the Prime Syandana and any other things I may not be remembering.

If they did this for all event rewards, no one would feel like doing events.

While I don't particularly care whether exclusive items stay exclusive or not, this part of your post is completely not true. If people had to pay for the "exclusives" in the market, I'm pretty sure most people would rather spend a couple hours playing to get them for free instead.

That being said, again, I don't particularly care if these items remain exclusive or not. It would not affect me in any way if people wanted these exclusive items so desperately that they would pay a large premium to get them. Nor do I think that the items we got as exclusives are so great or fantastic that I feel bad if some people can't play with them.

EDIT: Reworded for clarity.

Edited by Aliiias

I knew from my registering day in april/may (don't remember) that it would come back to bite DE in the &#!.

When you make exclusive stuff that newer players won't have access to you simply don't give it game altering stats, period.

Skins are ok, people can stomach it, but game altering gear with true stats ?

No way, they never let it lie down, even years after.

This stuff is exclusive, so there is no way DE give it anew, but if things get heated enough about it then I fear (well, "fear"...) that DE will have no choice but to make all these exclusive perks proper skins of the standard item by removing all the stats on them.

Of course it would make them less than what was given, but it would be far more sensible to not create feelings of unfairness among newer players.

If DE goes ahead with this idea (I'm actually indifferent about the situation, I was proposing it to see what people thought), they should definitely allow discontinued stuff, vandals and wraiths, but I wasn't quite sure about allowing founders kit to be sold on the steam market.

I knew from my registering day in april/may (don't remember) that it would come back to bite DE in the &#!.

When you make exclusive stuff that newer players won't have access to you simply don't give it game altering stats, period.

Skins are ok, people can stomach it, but game altering gear with true stats ?

No way, they never let it lie down, even years after.

This stuff is exclusive, so there is no way DE give it anew, but if things get heated enough about it then I fear (well, "fear"...) that DE will have no choice but to make all these exclusive perks proper skins of the standard item by removing all the stats on them.

Of course it would make them less than what was given, but it would be far more sensible to not create feelings of unfairness among newer players.

Ok, I have all of the "exclusives" and let me tell you something, all they really help with is mastery points, nothing else.

If they get to the situation that players NEED these things to progress, I say hell yes. If they just want them for the looks, I dunno. None of them (except the brakk) are really worth a weapon slot.

I could care less about other exclusives.

BUT..

Founder's Gear

Excalibur Prime

Lato Prime

Skana Prime

CBT gear.

Braton Vandal

Lato Vandal

Should never be made available.

And I only a Open Beta master, so I only have the Excalibur Prime and Skana Prime.

I could care less about other exclusives.

BUT..

Founder's Gear

Excalibur Prime

Lato Prime

Skana Prime

CBT gear.

Braton Vandal

Lato Vandal

Should never be made available.

And I only a Open Beta master, so I only have the Excalibur Prime and Skana Prime.

I agree with founders badges being non-marketable, kind of on the fence with the other founders items.

While I don't particularly care whether exclusive items stay exclusive or not, this part of your post is completely not true. If people had to pay for the "exclusives" in the market, I'm pretty sure most people would rather spend a couple hours playing to get them for free instead.

That being said, again, I don't particularly care if these items remain exclusive or not. It would not affect me in any way if people wanted these exclusive items so desperately that they would pay a large premium to get them. Nor do I think that the items we got as exclusives are so great or fantastic that I feel bad if some people can't play with them.

EDIT: Rewor\rded for clarity.

I need to reword that.

Majority of players will go and not do events.

It's simply not right, even as a maker of the the game to put up exclusive items for silly high amounts of money just to drain the worth out of it.

It's not morally right and it screws off other players whom worked hard for it.

That maybe true in SOME event, but certainly not any of the events that's happened so far.

Would I spend 100k credits and some amount of materials to craft a pair of Wraith Dual Vipers, as opposed to spending hours playing hello kitty island adventure: flowery garden photos edition?

You betcha.

Ok, I have all of the "exclusives" and let me tell you something, all they really help with is mastery points, nothing else.

I already know that, I have some too, and the strun wraith (for example) is not as ubber as it was, that's for sure, but that's not the problem.

People will consider them as sidegrades, so they may still want them; and even some may want access to them just in case, you know how people are.

That maybe true in SOME event, but certainly not any of the events that's happened so far.

Would I spend 100k credits and some amount of materials to craft a pair of Wraith Dual Vipers, as opposed to spending hours playing hello kitty island adventure: flowery garden photos edition?

You betcha.

Wait, since when did I say they were craftable?

I said they could be sold in the steam market.