Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tf2 Items For The New Vauban Item(S)?

Eyeless

To the point, I don't play TF2 much, but I know some of you on here just might, so I'm wondering if I could trade a TF2 item or two for the new Vauban stuff that was released on the Steam Market, him being my favorite frames. 

Nothing extreme, as the price on the Vauban stuff is only like $3, so please be reasonable here. 

If interested, add me on Steam here:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/DasUnsagbare/

Edited by Hastur609

He says this yet he has a rare unusual in his back pack >_>

RNG, I got a $2k hat in 3 keys, and a $60 hat in 30 keys. And rare unusual? As in mid to high tier, or cancerous? Either way, if you don't mind parting with that, you could put it up on the steam market at a quick sale price and buy the phased vasto, vauban, and scarf (or maybe the dual vasto skin even too, depends on how valuable it is).

He says this yet he has a rare unusual in his back pack >_>

I never said I never got invested in it, I used to be a pretty formidable Demo in my day, air strafing around Lobbies and shooting Sollies outta the air with my pills as I did so. 

Took me the longest time to get a S.Grenade Launcher, and I really wasn't a fan of the Competitive community.

(Prepare for short wall of text about what got him to quit TF2)

The people there were no fun, everyone who didn't play their way was a noob, constant trash talk and belittling of eachother, the community in general is just not the friendliest. I refused to keep scrimming with the people I teamed up with, so I never got overly competitive beyond becoming proficient with my class. (Demo) 

They either only care about 'profit' off of virtual items hinged on an item server that could go down any minute, or are hell bent on being as unbearable to play with as possible. 

I did meet some cool people playing the game, and I have alot of items, mainly because hey, I used to care about them and liked looking snazzy, but eventually, eah, I lost interest, I quit caring about the items first, then the gameplay quit being excited, and I asked myself 'Why do I play with these people? I'm going to VALVE Servers to avoid them..."

Then Warframe came along, the community was friendly, players were helpful, I could relax while playing this, and sure it isn't half as challenging but I don't see that as necessarily a bad thing. I like playing a video game again, and that's good enough for me.

Edited by Hastur609

I never said I never got infested in it, I used to be a pretty formidable Demo in my day, air strafing around Lobbies and shooting Sollies outta the air with my pills as I did so. 

Took me the longest time to get a S.Grenade Launcher, and I really wasn't a fan of the Competitive community.

-snip-

While demo hasn't recieved too many balances lately (and he has the fewest weapons overall I think), you might want to check it out again, they've been going and balancing the sub par weapons (i.e. winger gives extra jump height, soldier banners (besides buff banner) give passive bonuses (bat's backup gives 20hp, conch gives +2hp regen, soda popper gives 5 jumps when you activate hype now (which is now an alt fire to activate), etc)

But anyways, depending on the hat you could get all the phased items that've been found, or you might be able to just get up to the dual vastos.

While demo hasn't recieved too many balances lately (and he has the fewest weapons overall I think), you might want to check it out again, they've been going and balancing the sub par weapons (i.e. winger gives extra jump height, soldier banners (besides buff banner) give passive bonuses (bat's backup gives 20hp, conch gives +2hp regen, soda popper gives 5 jumps when you activate hype now (which is now an alt fire to activate), etc)

But anyways, depending on the hat you could get all the phased items that've been found, or you might be able to just get up to the dual vastos.

See, I'm not approaching this like I used to, I'm not looking to profit and trade off of these new Warframe items, I just want my Vauban to look cool. I don't like using the Vastos, I hate the Tigris, and the Ankyros are laughable, yet people are charging insane amounts of dosh for a skin belonging to easily one of the most sub par weapons in this game ($200 on one of the Tigris skin folks, god...)

Also, I did play some more during the July update, it was fresh for a week or two but there wasn't enough to hook me back into it, since I quit caring about hats and stranges. 

[As for my Unusual, rare as in there's only 3 of them in existence (that have Eerie Orbiting Fire) I love it when combo'd with the Noh Mercy, so evil looking, and it's the only truly subtle effect for a Spy hat beyond Smoking.

Nothing says 'SNIPE ME' like a gout of green fire spewing from the one class who's not meant to be noticed.]

Edited by Hastur609

See, I'm not approaching this like I used to, I'm not looking to profit and trade off of these new Warframe items, I just want my Vauban to look cool. I don't like using the Vastos, I hate the Tigris, and the Ankyros are laughable, yet people are charging insane amounts of dosh for a skin belonging to easily one of the most sub par weapons in this game ($200 on one of the Tigris skin folks, god...)

Also, I did play some more during the July update, it was fresh for a week or two but there wasn't enough to hook me back into it, since I quit caring about hats and stranges. 

Ah, ok, well despite whatever unusual you have then, you could easily get a quick $25 which is enough for vauban and the scarf (you could get more, but I can't imagine an unusual taking long to sell at $25, as long as it's not cancerous).

However, if you like your unusual, and don't want to sell it, then selling any genuines/vintages/festives/etc on the steam market is the next best solution (just price whatever you're selling ~5-10% cheaper and it'll sell within 5-10 minutes in my experience)

On another note, I do have the vauban skin, and feel free to PM your steam profile, I think I could probably find things worth ~$3 to trade you mine for.