The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ogris, Penta And Torid Nerf

Twilight053

I would be ecstatic if max ammunition could vary from gun to gun, with ammo drops restoring a percentage of that max, but given DE's tendency to approach ammo issues in roundabout ways like max ammunition mods, ammo mutation mods, and (kinda sorta, maybe stretching it) multishot mods, I'm guessing that for whatever reason the engine doesn't support max ammo values on a per-weapon basis and that they're pretty much stuck assigning weapons to categories.

But boy, oh boy, would it be nice for Ogris to have like 25 max ammo, and for Spectra to have like 2500.

regardless of what mods are available to compensate for ammo amount/usage, 540 + chambered is ridiculous.  Just make it the "unique" ammo type of Sniper pickups like the Miter and the bows.  72 rockets/grenades is enough, and makes more sense (but Wf logic fails many times of course)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/147448-penta-ammo-capacity/

Here we had 14 pages pointless discussion. It's not that the ammo capacity is the aspect limiting the three launchers. It is the slow fire rate and the risk of killing oneself if made a mistake.

We have other weapons which don't run out of ammo. Lex is my prime example. Why not nerf Lex, too?

Even if you switched the launchers to Sniper ammo, people wouldn't have to hold back. It's the nature of the weapon to be ammo efficient. Deal with it, or request ammo 2.0 with individual capacities for each weapon.

regardless of what mods are available to compensate for ammo amount/usage, 540 + chambered is ridiculous.  Just make it the "unique" ammo type of Sniper pickups like the Miter and the bows.  72 rockets/grenades is enough, and makes more sense (but Wf logic fails many times of course)

What's the point though when the ammo restore abilities in this game mean you'll never run out either way?

Okay yeah right now Ogris doesn't have to use ammo mutation. But that's one slot and 7 mod points. Not a big deal.

What's the point though when the ammo restore abilities in this game mean you'll never run out either way?

Okay yeah right now Ogris doesn't have to use ammo mutation. But that's one slot and 7 mod points. Not a big deal.

The point, is that it doesn't make sense; 540 or 72, doesn't matter which.  If it is reduced, it wouldn't be a nerf because it wouldn't affect the gun's ability in game.  Especially if you take into account the mods and ammo dispensers we have at our disposal. (which I didn't)

The only thing I can think of to rationalize the amount of ammunition we carry, is that we digitize the ammo, then undigitize it when we need to reload.  Similar to how we "absorb" or digitize the Capture Targets.  If this is true - and what else could be? - then we have a certain amount of physical mass that the Warframes and turn into virtual data.  The next step would be DE explaining that amount of virtual data space we have, but that's...we'll see.

Ultimately, it is stupid to argue reducing the total ammunition of rocket/grenade launchers will have a serious impact on their effectiveness.  It is however, better to argue that 72 projectiles is more sensible for weapons of that type, 500+ rockets is a little insane.  If 500+ rockets are within the data capacity of the 'frames, then we should be able to at least carry twice the amount of bullets for other primaries as well.

Again, this is applying logic, which Warframe does not support.

Again useless thread by "truth lover"

And after such ****heads we got QT+R nerfed, we got Acrid nerfed... There is one simple answer for all such people:

Dont like game - LEAVE IT.

I havent looked on source code of WF, but I think that this rifles uses rifle ammo because of rifle mechanics (yes, word RIFLE is the key), they WILL work differently if they`ll be considered as sniper rifles, I personally dont remember rifles with scope... Yes, this can be changed and more over its not even an issue, but really, Ogris is not an ammo eater, you will never pass 100 fired shoots per round, maybe on endless defence only, its more than possible to get 28 sniper ammo drops, so AMMO is not an issue for them, even if it will be lowered.

The problem is only in brains of OP creator... Realism in Space Ninjas game with immortal half-machines, robots and cybernetic virus? SRSLY?

The problem is, he didn't understand, that he cannot nerf the "nature" of the weapon. And he didn't grasp the game design either.

We have weapons like Lex, which are ammo efficient too. It's an actual advantage of them. But the fire rate is slow, you cannot just spray into mob groups. You have to make your shot count. And to add when using a launcher: don't kill yourself with it.

The launcher weapons just have another premise. Not every gun is meant to run out of ammo, because you have to care for other things.

On survival missions, I rarely drop below even 530... how are you supposed to nerf that?

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

You clearly misunderstood me by a hundred degree meridian.

Lex is very ammo efficient and should stay 210 due to it being sidearm. Ogris, Penta and Torid is very ammo efficient and should be dragged down to 72 for consistency with weapons' nature.

Edited by Twilight053

Again useless thread by "truth lover"

And after such ****heads we got QT+R nerfed, we got Acrid nerfed... There is one simple answer for all such people:

Dont like game - LEAVE IT.

I havent looked on source code of WF, but I think that this rifles uses rifle ammo because of rifle mechanics (yes, word RIFLE is the key), they WILL work differently if they`ll be considered as sniper rifles, I personally dont remember rifles with scope... Yes, this can be changed and more over its not even an issue, but really, Ogris is not an ammo eater, you will never pass 100 fired shoots per round, maybe on endless defence only, its more than possible to get 28 sniper ammo drops, so AMMO is not an issue for them, even if it will be lowered.

The problem is only in brains of OP creator... Realism in Space Ninjas game with immortal half-machines, robots and cybernetic virus? SRSLY?

I don't understand you people. You keep thinking that us "nerfers" want everything to be nerfed into oblivion and made useless, like what DE did to Acrid and QT+R.

We're clearly looking for a middle ground that makes sense. Stop pretending otherwise.

OT:

Ogris, Torid, and Penta have over half a thousand ammo in reserve. Just sit for a bit and let that sink in. Half a thousand.

This is completely unnecessary, and absolutely over-the-top. It should be brought down to something less ridiculous, with, at absolute most, 100 ammo.

Honestly. There is no reason to keep the ammo as it is unless you're one of the people who likes to abuse the unnecessarily "overpowered"-type items and don't want to see your item's nonsensical advantages go away. I'd imagine that the people who are saying "No." and "Stop these stupid nerfing threads" in this thread with nothing to back up their statements are the same ones who responded similarly to the pre-nerf "Tone down the Acrid" and "Tone down QT+R" threads.

Edited by SortaRandom