The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ogris, Penta And Torid Nerf

Twilight053

Honestly, no matter how much ammo you reduce the Penta to, it makes no difference whether you have 72 spare rounds or 540, because this weapon is ridiculously ammo efficient. And as a practical matter, whether i have 72 or 540 rounds makes no difference since I have a metric fornication ton of ammo restores, and I can just slap on Ammo Drum and Ammo Mutation if I need more ammo.

Using that series of events, a tweak to the total ammo capacity would be just a cosmetic change to you and others. I don't see reason for backlash, people are simply asking to change the ammo pool and capacity, not damage changes or how the core mechanics of the gun works.

im not sure as to why they havent already done so. you may be right and they are exceptionally limited in what they can/cannot do due to lack of knowledge about the engine.

or maybe it never crossed their mind?

my solution would to be make a carbon copy of any moderate sized ammo pool, rename it, give it its own texture(which can be a pain in the &#!, i know, as well as loot tables being mucked up by a new ammo type) and code the entire ammo system to be based off of what you have equipped, i.e. no sniper ammo dropping unless you're using something that actually uses that specific ammo type.

i cannot attest to the fun/lack of fun for the ogris, as im not a fan of rocket launchers and dont have it, however i am a firm believer there is no mathematical equation for "fun" and what will be fun to one or one thousand people. so what is inanely boring to one, might be exciting for others(like god games, ohhhhhhhhhh i love god games.)

and yes, i can agree, revamps are tough. they are hard, but since when did the easy way become the right way, ya know?

as testers, it is our responsibility to ask for changes. If a system is in place that is causing player loss instead of player gain, one would want it changed right? i mean, who would want to play warframe knowing there are only a hundred so people(extremely exaggerated) are the only ones left playing.

i honestly feel that the hardest thing DE will ever have to deal with, is trying to please the entirety of the player base, however, that IS kinda their job.

as our job is to test and report on what we experience in game, its THEIR job to strive for the utmost perfection in the construction and presentation of their product. i mean realistically it all comes down to money, and although i am not disappointed in DE in any way, i DO feel that theydo not communicate to the players nearly as often as they could or should.  I've worked at blizzard as a game master before, and i worked on a private server as well, player/staff communication is not only a must, but it's REALLY easy.

If there was more avid communication between staff and player, i feel that any changes would not only be more fluid, but less blindsiding than previous updates and hotfixes.

it isnt as easy as copy past dude :/

Couldn't this thread just die already?

Guys, just ask yourself some simple questions:

Would Sniper ammo solve something?

- No, because it would still be more than enough.

Wouldn't we all agree to Ammopool 2.0

- Yes, of course. So why the discussion?

There won't be some dev appearing out of nowhere and approve of the brave zealots fighting for nothing, so please stop this already.

It's a freakin scifi game.If you don't know what that is, check it out.

You might think they solved the damn ammunition issue in a futuristic fantasy world.

Really, man? Really? What are you going to say next? "The futuristic fantasy scientist can dump 540 grenades but can't dump 540 sniper bullets"?

Edited by Twilight053

Really, man? Really? What are you going to say next? "The futuristic fantasy scientist can dump 540 grenades but can't dump 540 sniper bullets"?

games are not made to be realistic, they are made to be fun.If we were to dump 15 grenades only on it, just for the sake of being ''realistic'', would be a pretty dam' annoying weapon to use ..

Vectis is all I play all day.I never had any problems with ammo.So unless you're asking for a buff on sniper ammo, shut up.

games are not made to be realistic, they are made to be fun.If we were to dump 15 grenades only on it, just for the sake of being ''realistic'', would be a pretty dam' annoying weapon to use ..

Vectis is all I play all day.I never had any problems with ammo.So unless you're asking for a buff on sniper ammo, shut up.

YOU are the one being realistic here, Nnazqul. You were the one who said that they have solved the ammunition issues when it completely contradicts the facts in the game.

Kids nowaday can't even think, can they?

Edited by Twilight053

YOU are the one being realistic here, Nnazqul. You were the one who said that they have solved the ammunition issues when it completely contradicts the facts in the game.

Kids nowaday can't even think, can they?

I don't know who's the kid here with a stupid thread and too much time on their head.

anyway am done here

It's a freakin scifi game.If you don't know what that is, check it out.

You might think they solved the damn ammunition issue in a futuristic fantasy world.

You do know this isn't all about realism right....

This is about the balance of the game. Carrying around 540 rockets/grenades with constant ammo drops is virtually infinite ammo. Infinite ammo is a balancing issue.

You know they could always change the weapon class to Sniper/Miter's.

thanks for not paying attention to my posts again

if you did that then all the sniper rifle mods would work on them

make them a bow then all the bow mods would work on them

make them a shotgun then all the shotgun mods would work on them

rifle mods are the weakest mods

they probably have a team of 2-3 guys trying to figure this out i say this thread gets locked because its not a nerf its not a bug its a limitation DE has actualy had a few words about in a live stream before