The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Comparing Cicero Even To Moa Event

Niliam

In Moa event, all we need is to kill 1 Moa, to get the reward.

Was pretty easy asking a veteran player to get an invite, and kill a Moa.

Which made very convenience for casual players like me, I kiled 1 moa, and I got the reward.

Cicero Event-
1. RNG
2. Grind
3. Troll
4. Team

I finally got through the RNG, the Grind to get a Lapis done, unsure will be trolled or not.
But unable to find a Lapis party.

Some of hardcore player will say, Grind more, RNG more for Vermillion, and do solo or find friends.

Well, I am causual player, my friends don't like this game.
I joined a clan, but got kicked cause I am too causal.
And I don't think I can even solo a Vermillion even if go through all the Grind and RNG to get it.

I would seriously ask DE to reconsider it appraoch to causal players;
Other then FY our asses for not spend more time on your game then our real life.

Edit: Got trolled. I know No name and shame, I will submit a support ticket.
But that goes the prove of this event's short comings.

Edit 2: Update: So, Suppport didn't do nothing to that troll, I still see him running around the game happily then ever;

While support did not restore my Lapis, my friend spents 15 platinum bought a Vermillion for me.

Conclusion: Event have now gone from: participate->Grind->RNG+Grind+TROLL+Platinum.

Sarcasm: for the next even, might just put a RNG pack in market, bought by platinum only, and the pack have a chance for the even reward.

Edited by Niliam

The event has 3 tiers of rewards, why should DE cater the hardest and best rewards to casuals is my question. If someone is not able to get the tier 3 reward, that is not unfair, that just means that person does not deserve it. I don't mean to look down, but this event was much easier to complete than the Gradivus Dilema. I got the 100 points in this one in the first day, and only had to do a few runs to make an Antitoxin, then one more run with 4 people and that was it. In Gradivus, you had to do the same mind numbing mission 100 times to get the tier 3 reward, so don't complain, the best reward is for the dedicated, not the casuals. Still, I wish you good luck on getting 100 points, but don't complain how the best reward is hard to get.

Got to laugh at those players think they are better then who are casual, looking down at them, and assumed they don't deserve anything more then the skin.

And to those saying 100 point is the highest reward, you're wrong.

With current bug, 700 point is the highest potential score, 600 ATM.

Uhh...yeah but there's really no reason to go over 100 points besides (clan) leaderboard position.  The highest tier reward, the dual viper wraiths is for 100 points.

Think I put in a total of three hours or so on the event, and that was before the patch to increase the spawn rate on the rare plants.  I was fortunate to find a choad-free team on the first try.  Seems like a reasonable amount of time required, given that the event runs for a couple of weeks.

People have been talking about the moa event being too easy.I agree with it.Since it only introduced us one new enemy and what u need to do is to kill one of them.Now the Cicero event introduced us a new tile set,a new usage of scanner and new lore.

Maybe it is way too grindy and boring.But compare to the arid fear event this event have improved a lot.We should appreciate it and put some effort on this event if we want this game to grow.But not wishing De to just throwing everything we want to us for free.

We're already lazy enough to sit in front of the computer and play video games,so why not put some patients to it and try to work hard for what you want.

Warframe will continue to become better,if we lose faith right now,it won't go far.

This mission is less grind intensive than the previous and you don't have to get to 100 points, you can just get 50 and be satisfied with the tier 2 reward. Why should the tier 3 be easy to do for the best reward?

I prefer the 100 missions vs. Disappointment when I walk into a mission with only pinecones...

Although I'll say this event has it's share of problems, the fact that I'm completely done with the event after a single successful Lapis/Vermillion run is very welcome. Grinding 100+ missions for that Gradivus event was pretty painful and grinding in that Fomorian event was pretty painful too. So far the event I liked the most was the Survival one since it didn't require any grinding and it was a completely new gametype that had me coming back to it even though I didn't need to.

That was also when Mag had that no-ragdoll mass pull, I miss that version of Pull the most ;_;

Edited by Liacu

• 2 weeks later...

The event has 3 tiers of rewards, why should DE cater the hardest and best rewards to casuals is my question. If someone is not able to get the tier 3 reward, that is not unfair, that just means that person does not deserve it. I don't mean to look down, but this event was much easier to complete than the Gradivus Dilema. I got the 100 points in this one in the first day, and only had to do a few runs to make an Antitoxin, then one more run with 4 people and that was it. In Gradivus, you had to do the same mind numbing mission 100 times to get the tier 3 reward, so don't complain, the best reward is for the dedicated, not the casuals. Still, I wish you good luck on getting 100 points, but don't complain how the best reward is hard to get.

Agreed. 

I've already given my 2 cents worth (or 5 cents worth) about the event on the feedback forum, but I agree to a point.

I wound up making 3 vermillion extracts by myself to finally complete the event and get the rewards, and the people who helped me finish it literally haven't played in the last month or two other than to finish the event with me (aside from one random who joined since I left it open, who was a fantastic and much appreciated player).

I spent... I don't know. 10-20 hours on the event I'd say, if I had to guess, and they spent 30 minutes and will have gotten the same rewards for it despite not even touching any of the scanning or anything else at all. 

It's over and done with, but I hope future events don't mould themselves on the same pattern that Cicero was created from. 

Well tbf the only difficulty in this event is sifting through a bunch of S#&$s to find 3 other people with Lapis antitoxin. This is essentially a pvp event where others are out to screw over somebody

Sounds like WarframeZ (huehue), but anyways back to the topic, I didn't have a problem I took the couple days to grind up a vermil and got both my friends in on it, so I didn't have to deal with the trolls.

Edited by Utarious

In Moa event, all we need is to kill 1 Moa, to get the reward.

Was pretty easy asking a veteran player to get an invite, and kill a Moa.

Which made very convenience for casual players like me, I kiled 1 moa, and I got the reward.

Cicero Event-

1. RNG

2. Grind

3. Troll

4. Team

I finally got through the RNG, the Grind to get a Lapis done, unsure will be trolled or not.

But unable to find a Lapis party.

Some of hardcore player will say, Grind more, RNG more for Vermillion, and do solo or find friends.

Well, I am causual player, my friends don't like this game.

I joined a clan, but got kicked cause I am too causal.

And I don't think I can even solo a Vermillion even if go through all the Grind and RNG to get it.

I would seriously ask DE to reconsider it appraoch to causal players;

Other then FY our asses for not spend more time on your game then our real life.

Edit: Got trolled. I know No name and shame, I will submit a support ticket.

But that goes the prove of this event's short comings.

Edit 2: Update: So, Suppport didn't do nothing to that troll, I still see him running around the game happily then ever;

While support did not restore my Lapis, my friend spents 15 platinum bought a Vermillion for me.

Conclusion: Event have now gone from: participate->Grind->RNG+Grind+TROLL+Platinum.

Sarcasm: for the next even, might just put a RNG pack in market, bought by platinum only, and the pack have a chance for the even reward.

You had two weeks man. Anyway, THERE ARE OTHER WAYS TO GET PLATINUM. You can just buy it with $5, or sell a couple of mods. I had 300 platinum but I didn't spend any of it on trading to get an antitoxin. "Hmmm... I got 2 extra vital sense, a rifle mutation and barrel diffusion. I can sell each for 5 plat and I'll be on my merry way with my wraith twin vipers." Also, you use "casual" like it's an excuse. I consider myself casual, I play 3-5 hours a week. You shouldn't get kicked out of a clan for being too casual because 1. If they were competitive they wouldn't have accepted you, and 2. Just find another clan, someone's bound to accept you.  

You had two weeks man. Anyway, THERE ARE OTHER WAYS TO GET PLATINUM. You can just buy it with $5, or sell a couple of mods. I had 300 platinum but I didn't spend any of it on trading to get an antitoxin. "Hmmm... I got 2 extra vital sense, a rifle mutation and barrel diffusion. I can sell each for 5 plat and I'll be on my merry way with my wraith twin vipers." Also, you use "casual" like it's an excuse. I consider myself casual, I play 3-5 hours a week. You shouldn't get kicked out of a clan for being too casual because 1. If they were competitive they wouldn't have accepted you, and 2. Just find another clan, someone's bound to accept you.  

LOL, your just proving OP's conclusion to be true.