Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Team, Thank You For The Karak

WhiskeyGolf

I've been using the Karak over the weekend, and I must say, this is an excellent rifle to use. Hard hitting, good accuracy, it's really a step up from the Braton and Boltor and I do quite like it alot. (Also, the duct tape on the barrel amuses me. No matter what, duct tape will never die. ;D)

It's also free from XP restrictions, which I want to thank DE for - this is a good rifle that will see new players through tough times, and will be viable until they get the Penta, Soma, and Ignis for higher level play.

As it stands, I think this rifle is fine as it is - a decent, good rifle. Not outstanding in all areas, but it does the job decently, and is an excellent step on the way to Mastery Rank 6 and the Soma.

Bravo. I think you guys have nailed it on your first try. Especially the firing sounds. That's not how a rifle sounds, this is a rifle! XD

I like the Karak as well, however I am not wild about the tape on the barrel...

"The ever-reliable standard issue rifle for the Grineer, the Karak!  Some assembly required.  So easy to put together a genetic degenerate with stick tape can do it!"

Edited by Penthos

The way I see things, the Soma is basically a Cauchat light machine gun that doesn't suck, though in practice it behaves more like a PKP or a SAW, I think - a light machine gun that chews up enemies good.

The Karak, on the other hand, is basically the love child of an M16 and an AK-47, as reinterpreted by a Grineer weapons designer.

It's not a critbuild damage machine like the Soma, but because I don't need to boost my critical hits and damage, I can instead mod this rifle for elemental - I'm running a Radiation+Toxin and Magnetic+Toxin build for Grineer/Corpus, with Serration and Fast Hands. With a maxed Fast Hands, you've got 1.5 seconds reload - and yes, you can reload a rifle that fast in real life. (Check out Magpul's Tactical Carbine videos sometime...) Sure, it does Impact, which isn't so great against Grineer and Infested... except that holy S#&$ am I still killing things with 3-round bursts?! O_O Madness? This is Karak! With my gas setup, I do 149 damage per shot - before the bonuses come in. Uso da.

Truly, a genius design from the Grineer engineers Ugen Stanar and Mik Klash. ;D

It's a decent weapon with good aesthetics.  Still, with the relatively small clip size and the moderate reload speed, I can't see myself using this over a braton prime.  Here's hoping that an eventual karak prime/vandal/wraith/whatever improves that situation.

It's a decent weapon with good aesthetics.  Still, with the relatively small clip size and the moderate reload speed, I can't see myself using this over a braton prime.  Here's hoping that an eventual karak prime/vandal/wraith/whatever improves that situation.

Oh, I agree that a Karak Wraith would be all kinds of awesome (apparently the Burston Wraith is greatly superior to the stock Burston), but for a player who doesn't have a Braton Prime, this is a pretty good gun to have to use on the way to the top.

By no means is the Karak an endgame weapon, but that's not to say that it is a bad beginner tier weapon. It's most similar to guns from standard military shooters, so it should appeal to those who just came from one to Warframe.

Edited by Erwartz

I've potatoed my Karak and gotta say I don't regret it. Its almost around the level of soma even.

With Soma's crit build I use it fires pretty slow (critical delay) but does about 600-700 damage / bullet. Reload time isn't the best but at least theres 100 bullets to spend.

With Karak I managed to get roughly 300 damage / bullet with Viral and Heat damage (+ theres space for heavy caliber and serration upgrades), fires a lot faster and stable, its accuracy even with the same Heavy Caliber Soma has is really good unlike Soma, and low magazine but pretty good reload speed that lets you just use a first ability (frame dependant) while reloading so by the time its done the gun is ready.

IMO they're both pretty balanced and close to eachother but everyone can have their own opinion and this was mine.

from the stats Karak is probably going o be my new standard rifle vs Corpus thx to high impact damage. But for the rest i will most likely stick with my Braton  Prime. Overall Dmg is almost the same, and bat features slash and slightly increased puncture dmg compared to Karak (+ ofc more crit n stat chance). Didnt get around to test it ingame thou thx to crappy laptop and not at home -.- But just from the looks n stats it seems awesome Thx a lot DE

I love the sound and accuracy , even the reload speed is decent

it actually does look like a trained soldier is using it not some mongoloid retard that cant reload a simple handgun

but I just will not bother to use potato on it

I still have to wait for a decent rifle that doesn't sound like ww2 weapon (that's the only reason I don't use soma tbh , I cant stand the sound of this rifle)

buff god damn supra