Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About The Weapons And Effort

ndig0

Hello, I would like to express my thoughts and feelings about this topic (weapons and effort). And sorry for my bad English.

I feel this is a deep problem in warframe. "Why?" you will ask - because there is no point to farm prime weapons and put effort and time in building clan weapons because better weapons are released to market. I think weapon strength should be proportional to the effort you put craft/create or whatever you do to acquire it.

Example:

Flux rifle and Soma

Braton Prime and newly released Karak.

Flux - get rank, research all the way to the Flux, farm Fieldron sample, build Fieldrons 1 by 1 and wait for days before you can get you weapon.

For Braton Prime you will need get some game experience, some void keys, teammates,do multiple runs to get the part you need and so on ...

And what about Karak and Soma? click shop - click buy - click build - wait - use.

So why would people want to go over all that trouble for Braton or Flux? It is unneeded content.

To solve this problem I would like to see either unneeded content removed or re-balanced to fit the level of effort put in the weapon.

If balancing then market weapons should not go above clan weapons and clan weapons should be equal or a bit worse then prime weapons. This is what I would like to see in Warframe.

yeah, it would be nice if prime weapons were loads better than normal ones to justify the grind for them. same thing with clan stuff. but to be fair, some of the most powerful weapons are clantech (synapse, ignis, flux). the karak is not good, though. the soma is good, and the penta is possibly the best of them all (with a tad bit of bias), and those are both weapons you can buy in the BP's in the market. I don't think everything should be rebalanced, though. at this point there have been so many changes that people are all up in arms about. maybe in the future, though. burston prime seems like a good weapon, its not a crit machine like some other rifles, but it has decent damage and status chance, so that's a step in the right direction for prime weapons

Absolutely true. There should be progress and reward for effort. The further you play and the more effort you put in - the better the reward. At least better in  specialization. Soma renders all rifles except Synapse not worth the effort, it lacks any drawbacks..  heck even Boltor and Grakata have better DPS than some clan weapons. Ignis and Ogris have its use for dealing with crowds, especially infested, but rifles are in the wrong place balance-wise. 

I won't comment on the clan weapons but as far as Prime weapons go, you confuse RNGs with effort.

Quoted for truth. For every vet player that's earned their stripes playing the void till they bled there's some player that's got the best gear in three runs or less and runs screaming through the game how cool their toys are.

Edited by Yastin

Dont see much interest from community in this type of topic.. I guess people just dont care to put some effort and rewarded with better weapons .. sad.

You're rewarded with a unique weapon that fits a unique roll. This isn't World of Warcraft. You should be thankful that you don't have to grind for a top tier gun.

You're rewarded with a unique weapon that fits a unique roll. This isn't World of Warcraft. You should be thankful that you don't have to grind for a top tier gun.

prime weapons are not meant to fill unique rolls, they, they are intended to be upgrades. it is impossible for them to be unique when the function exactly like their non-prime counterparts

also for most prime weapons, it is a grind, since not only do you have to RNG/grind to get the parts+blueprint, many prime weapons require 10 orokin cells, 15 in the case of dakra,

the best example of this is braton prime. a weapon that requires 4 parts, 10 orokin cells, and different tiers of void defense to get the keys. even if you manage to get all the pieces in one try, thats still at least 35 waves of void defense on top of farming saturn/ceres for the 10 orokin cells needed, all for a gun that is in some ways inferior to its market counterpart, and in every single way inferior to the soma.

another terrible example is the reaper prime, which is entirely inferior to the ether reaper, yet is much much harder to get.

prime weapons should be better than market weapons, and mostly on part with clan weapons. clan weapons still have the unique draw of being much more interesting and filling niche rolls, i.e if you want a gun that shoots fire instead of bullets, or when your gun doesnt have enough laser beam

You mean ignoring the 20 weapons and three Frames (plus most of the starmap) that everyone has to grind through in order to even UNLOCK the Soma BP?

prime weapons... are intended to be upgrades.

Is that your opinion? Or do you have proof to back that up? Because if they are intended to be upgrades, and DE is obviously not $&*&*#(%&, then why aren't they all upgrades?

clan weapons still have the unique draw of being much more interesting and filling niche rolls

That's what i was refering to with my original statement.

You mean ignoring the 20 weapons and three Frames (plus most of the starmap) that everyone has to grind through in order to even UNLOCK the Soma BP?

Correct. People only focus on the actual construction of the weapon.

Is that your opinion? Or do you have proof to back that up? Because if they are intended to be upgrades, and DE is obviously not $&*&*#(%&, then why aren't they all upgrades?

no, it is not my opinion, it is a fact, most prime weapons are direct upgrades from thier counterparts,

burston prime is in every way better than the burston

latron prime is in every way better than the latron

lato prime is in every way better than lato

boar prime is in every way better than the boar

paris prime is in every way better than the paris

bronco prime has higher damage/magazine than bronco

braton prime has higher damage than braton

sicarius prime has higher rof/accuracy/damage than sicarius

the proof is also in the codex and on the wiki, so if you dont believe me feel free to check yourself

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Comparison

so yeah, its safe to say that primes are indeed (flashy) upgrades, especially from their market counterparts.

Edited by HillsAndTheSea

"20 weapons and three frames" applies to most of the clan weapons because they have a high mastery rank requirement too, on top of the clan research requirements and sometimes crazy material costs.  The Soma still ridiculously outclasses most of them for a fraction of the effort needed to get them.

Edited by BLOODGAZMS

I am somewhat of a avid weapons collector in the game, only lacking the brakk, lato prime, burston prime and scoliac for now, and I must say as far as I am concerned the weapon distribution works for me. This may not be the case for everyone and I understand that, but-before you complain about the methods of acquisition please consider that credits, although easy to gather for those of us in late game, can be a bit of a pain to get when you start out,

This coupled with the resource costs to build the weapons from the market can make the weapons a bit hard for new players to make, so by making the weapon rather good late game players aren't discouraged from trying the market weapon, and new players feel like their effort wasn't wasted. Also do not forget to attain mastery ranks you need to rank up equipment, imagine how hard it would be if weapons acquired this way where for all intents and purposes sub-par?

Clan weapons you can argue the building of fieldron and such is arduous, but since you usually have several days to prepare for what is generally a fun and unique weapon, you should in that time be able to generate enough to suit your need, especially with the new drone system and invasion missions offering them.

Now as for primes, as difficult as they can be to obtain they are a matter of RNG, sometimes y9ou will luck out, others you wont, but on the upside, for rather good upgrades of previously existing weapons, or just tweaked ones, they have a much lower resource cost, needing only orikin cells. Also with them being only obtainable in the void it encourages players to work together as, if you are as unlucky as me, you will most likely run out of keys and need the help of some friends to cover your runs while you help them on the tougher missions.

The Flux and Soma fill different roles, so it's not fair to compare them.

As for the Braton Prime and Karak, I have no idea, as I don't have either.

And what role do they fit then? as far as im concerned the soma does everything the flux rifle does, but 10x better.