Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Fear The Stug Will Get A Mighty Nerf In The Coming Week.

LtZefar

So why do I think it will happen? Well it can get 3 different double Elemental Combos onto it. At first I didn't think Cold would work but it was because Serration wasn't on it first. 

But now that Serration is on the weapon that thing can get 3 damage types close to 1k each and it will most likely wreck everything.

Also you can kinda spam it and it's an explosive weapon as well. If they don't notice it the whiners will most certainly spam the forum about Stug should be nerfed.

Would be a pity, it's kind a fun gun to use.

1) It's Hornet strike, and it's better than Serration.

2) It's hard to hit anything moving with it. Slow projectile with heavy dropdown... ugh.

3) It's explosion range is either bugged or intentionally non-existant.

It's awesome against non-moving targets... how much of them do we have now?) Turrets? Cameras?)

Leveled and sold it. Certanly not an all-around weapon.

Edited by SpFinX

The only two issues I have with it is that

1) Players can now harm themselves after a recent patch, probably the one that made AoE skills useful (or maybe I just never tested it out against myself before that).

2) It's really annoying when teammates run in front of your charged shots and waste them, or when you accidentally roll or perform an action while charged and you lose ammo.

3) You can't color customize the goo balls. smfh, DE get on this

What I do like about it

1) The explosion radius is yes, small, however against tight packs of enemies it really shines (Survival, Defense)

2) The DoT ticks are what the Acrid should've been, although it still is a bit lackluster against higher level enemies.

3) Shooting these at your feet while running from pursuers doubles as effective landmines

4) While I think that the charge damage isn't entirely reflective on the amount of ammo you use, it still is pretty useful. Charged shots however should have a larger blast radius.

I only have Deep Freeze, Hornet Strike, and Heated Charge on this. All maxed. Blastrosive is a pretty fun combo, it's pretty much viable even around levels 60 and above. I haven't forma'd or Potato'd it yet, still not enough reason to do so.

2) It's hard to hit anything moving with it. Slow projectile with heavy dropdown... ugh.

It's awesome against non-moving targets... how much of them do we have now?) Turrets? Cameras?)

1: Yes yes, I don't really care. You know which mod I was talking about.

2: um NO. It's incredible easy to hit moving stuff and if you miss the first shot just spam out 19 more of them and kill everything in front of you.

3: It has a radius but it's small. Still it's enough to hit several enemies at once and I've had a lot of fun with it.

stug= suck weapon!

Didnt u try use it on lv 50+ infrest and use no skill??

Infested? :/ You mean the race they removed from the game and can't be played against unless you go to the Derelict? Well not like it matters with infested being gone. Grineer and Corpus are slow moving enough to kill with it. 

Though with infested you just need to camp somewhere to blast them apart and it work wonders in Defense and Mobile Defense.

Thinks it's a pity if the gun gets nerfed

Mentions reasons why it should be nerfed on Forum

GG

Anyone with a brain can see how powerful this gun can be, even with the few flaws it got.

What's also fun is that it got longer reach than grenade launcher. 

Also I never said it SHOULD be nerfed. I listed the reasons of why it might be nerfed. Quite a big difference.

I dont think I ever actually charge my stug, I noticed that the globs merge together to do the higher charge damage if they land next to each other, so I find better use of it by just spam clicking. Also makes it easier to saturate an area.

It is a weapon I would forma multiple times though, the ability to have Corrosive, Radiation, and Viral all on the same weapon that is spammable, insanely ammo efficient, and high damage even in an uncharged state is incredibly useful.

It is just useless on anything that requires weakspot hits, as explosives cannot damage weakspots besides headshots.

it dont get nerfed yet :D ppl still forma it and not done with enjoying it a bit (2weeks or so) if 80% forma it 4 to 6 times etc and love it a wave of its to op goes somewhere behind the scene and to protect us and save us money de goes and nerf it cause we could forma it 7th time that would be a worse but 6 losing forma naa enjoy it :p you got like 1 month before the *@##$ slap for it comes

Yeah, if the noobs don't see that this weapon is 10x better than Acrid ever was, that's their problem and fine for me. As less people play it, the lower is the risk that it gets nerfed. Stug is absolutly op. I don't even want to explain why it is so strong and with which mods, because I don't want it to get nerfed :D

P.S: You don't play the stug with charge. Just kill them normally.

Including yourself in the case of infested.

Not an issue. Infested are gone and this gun is more of an Anti Grineer if anything. Right now I got Viral, Radiation and Corrosive on mine. It does 75% extra damage to all but Machinery. Which I think is only Rollers.

That is quite something in terms of damage.

"Non-moving targets"

What? like Surveillance Equipment and ceiling-mounted Defense systems?

The only two issues I have with it is that

1) Players can now harm themselves after a recent patch, probably the one that made AoE skills useful (or maybe I just never tested it out against myself before that).

2) It's really annoying when teammates run in front of your charged shots and waste them, or when you accidentally roll or perform an action while charged and you lose ammo.

Regarding point 2) it gets worse when a teammate gets globbed and then continues to stay close to you like he wants to molest your nova. Modded to the max, the exploding glob can down a nova easily. The Stug is NOT a gun you can fire blindly while in a team.

Also, in regards to the self damage issue, there are times while maneuvering through narrow/cramped spaces when your sentinel ends up floating briefly in front of you. And is able to get globbed, Following this, all that is left is to look at the glowing glob of death pulsing above your head and hope some helpful enemy kills that treacherous little S#&$ before it explodes on you.

The tiny blast radius is enough to get you killed through the antics of your teammates and/or sentinel, but not enough to decently land kills when firing blind through fire hazards left by grineer napalms (who have the nasty habit of sidestepping to the left or right after shooting and so causing your globs to harmlessly whiz past in a way that would never happen with a detonated penta grenade or ogris rocket).

Frankly, I think there are a number of vary significant downsides to counteract the advantages of this weapon.