Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cure For Infested!

Marshall

Welcome, Tenno!

Since infested enemies are also former Tennos (some bosses says 'We are your flesh'), it should be a better plan to cure them instead of killing any getting in our ways.

I have two ideas about this topic: One is a new Warframe, the other one is an event (this stuff is not meant to be explicit suggestions for implementation but as illustration for the concept "Cure For Infested!").

Warframe

JqceCPH.jpg

- imgur.com/JqceCPH -

I introduce Salvo - an old Tenno with rich knowledge about diseases, drugs and medicine.

Basically, Salvo is a benevolent Tenno who uses his powers exclusively for positive effects. He can cure infested enemies, give his comrades an adrenaline rush, etc. His suit delivers high movement speed with a lack of armor.

Event

In my opinion, there should come up an event that makes the Tenno protect Infested from incoming Corpus/Grineer in order to lure them into a lab where their parasites can be removed (I mean what are the Tennos' bio labs good for - only for murdering?) The more Infested can be rescued the higher the reward for players.

As hinted above, this concept can greatly be modified for actual implementation. I meant to make the devs think of some story related content because it does not play a great role so far.

thanks for reading

+ TRSS

So some of those infested are like half a torso or have arms sticking out of their foreheads. I don't know that curing them would be in their best interest. Also if the Tenno are anything like Hayden they are actually infected with a version of the virus, which explains the "We are your Flesh" comment.

I think you misunderstand; the Infested aren't all former Tenno- their forms make it clear they are former Corpus and Grineer- and the whole "we are your flesh" thing references the fact that Warframes are made of Technocytes, though properly controlled ones. Assuming the Technocytes in Warframe behave the same way as those from DarkSector, Technocyte infection is influenced by the host's mental state during bonding, which is usually an excruciatingly painful process. Most infectees go mad from the pain and become the Infested we already know, but those that can resist the pain (e.g. Hayden Tenno, who due to a medical condition couldn't feel pain) can receive all the benefits of Technocyte bonding with little to no negative side effects.

I think you misunderstand; the Infested aren't all former Tenno- their forms make it clear they are former Corpus and Grineer- and the whole "we are your flesh" thing references the fact that Warframes are made of Technocytes, though properly controlled ones.

I think you misunderstand; I did not state all Infested were former Tenno. Also, I do not think that.

@ anyone: First of all, this is a game, right? Many aspects in Warframe do not make sense, so why so shy and don't even accept at least a part of my idea?

Dark Sector is one thing, otherwise we could reprogram Jackal to fight for us.

In addition, we don't know anything about "The Infested", there could be much more units than we encounter during missions. This is why I took some kind of infested chicken for my illustration because anything can get infested, also Tenno(s)!

think twice :P

+ TRSS

What all the @ups said.

They are saying, that they are or flesh, because they are deformed by Technocyte Virus. So do Tenno. But we somehow got it under control, like first of our kind - Hayden Tenno.

Also, you can't cure Infested. How can you make a Grineer form a Charger? While he became one with his armor, got a third hand and is basically moving backwards on all fours?

Excalibur was a failed void experiment. In their desperation, the Orokin brought most Tenno back and had a suit built around them. The Technocyte virus and Hayden Tenno are not facts anymore. We're unaware which material was the suit made of, and what's Excalibur's actual name - if he had one.

Hmm. Ok, first lets let go of Dark Sector.

Enyone still hanging on? No? Good.

I like the idea, but with some modifications.

We do not in fact know that there are no cures for infested.

They are somewhat mysterious, and some seem sentient and aware.

What I propose is to either Cleanse newly infected allies , like it says on some weapons.

Or to stop the infection in the early stages.

Lets say the scenario is as follows.

LOTUS:

Distress call intercepted. Tenno, the deep space research vessel the Archimedes have contracted a strain of the Technocyte-virus.

They are rapidly succumbing to its effects and it is only a matter of time begore all crew turn infested and the vessel is lost.

Head researcher is Corpus Priest Mina Osgaar. She have been studying the infested for a means to reverse its effects, or to give the ingected control by reducing the pain, thus opening up interesting possibilitys.

She would make a powerful ally and grant us favor on the Council.

You must hurry Tenno. Find her, she can help the crew, but time is running out.

So we have new infested. A new Tileset, the Corpus research vessel.

We have an event with a new character for story arcs.

And possible new weapons, gear, mods and a new Warframe.

Did I hear Infested Warframes? What if ...

Hmm. Ok, first lets let go of Dark Sector.

Enyone still hanging on? No? Good.

I like the idea, but with some modifications.

We do not in fact know that there are no cures for infested.

They are somewhat mysterious, and some seem sentient and aware.

What I propose is to either Cleanse newly infected allies , like it says on some weapons.

Or to stop the infection in the early stages.

Lets say the scenario is as follows.

LOTUS:

Distress call intercepted. Tenno, the deep space research vessel the Archimedes have contracted a strain of the Technocyte-virus.

They are rapidly succumbing to its effects and it is only a matter of time begore all crew turn infested and the vessel is lost.

Head researcher is Corpus Priest Mina Osgaar. She have been studying the infested for a means to reverse its effects, or to give the ingected control by reducing the pain, thus opening up interesting possibilitys.

She would make a powerful ally and grant us favor on the Council.

You must hurry Tenno. Find her, she can help the crew, but time is running out.

So we have new infested. A new Tileset, the Corpus research vessel.

We have an event with a new character for story arcs.

And possible new weapons, gear, mods and a new Warframe.

Did I hear Infested Warframes? What if ...

Hostage rescue missions where you save people from early stages of infestation sound ok, but given the way the Ether Sword's description was phrased, I'm pretty sure that meant less "cure" and more "put out of their misery".

^ yes thats what I mean. Either kill them before they turn, (a cool thing in itself)

but it would be interesting to see people infected, but still human.

With low lights, new infested units loose and a time crisis we got ourselves some Aliens horror setups, a thing wf do not have despite infested being monsters.

This is of course an idea for the devs on how to use the infestes in more ways.