Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Stug: Quick Fire Vs. Charged Fire

Paradoxbomb

Question

Trying to level my way through the Stug, though I'm not entirely sure how I should actually be using it. So far it feels more beneficial to spam a whole clip of small globs and just watch enemies melt in a pool of explosions, though I'm curious whether or not a charged build has some hidden potential.

What say you, is it better to douse a target in smaller shots or should I use Gunslinger to speed up the charging process and use that? General build suggestions are also appreciated.

P.S. I notice globs sometimes explode prematurely? what causes this? Is it a glob hitting the same spot you laid another glob?

7 answers to this question

When a Glob is on a target or a target runs over it (touches it)  It will go boom early.

I use Charged shots for BIG Units or large crowds,

Little shots (2-3 globs per target) for individuals.

I like to mix it up honestly.

Yea, pretty much the same for me. If there are some heavies in a group, I tend to charge the first, then burst the rest of clip. I think big globs tend to be better DPS, but the charge time isn't worth it if there aren't any enemies alive to take the extra damage. So I think to be most efficient, you use charge shots or semi-charge shots against tougher enemies, and just spam for regular mobs.

Yea, pretty much the same for me. If there are some heavies in a group, I tend to charge the first, then burst the rest of clip. I think big globs tend to be better DPS, but the charge time isn't worth it if there aren't any enemies alive to take the extra damage. So I think to be most efficient, you use charge shots or semi-charge shots against tougher enemies, and just spam for regular mobs.

and you can also make a charged glob without charging,  the globs absorb into each other and get bigger when you shoot them into one another.   i do that to the more frisky Heavy units.

4-5 rapid shots to one spot and then just watch the DOT lead to a BIG &#! Boom

Edited by OniDarkClown

and you can also make a charged glob without charging,  the globs absorb into each other and get bigger when you shoot them into one another.   i do that to the more frisky Heavy units.

4-5 rapid shots to one spot and then just watch the DOT lead to a BIG &#! Boom

Does the explosion actually get any bigger? It seems that the explosion stays ridiculously small regardless of how long you charge the gun, with is another reason I leaned away from charged shots.