Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Miter 2.0

VoidenTaylor

Miter is gimmicky with its only pro being able to hit enemies around corners or shoot enemies behind you while running away/past them by bouncing shot off things in front of you.

Since I rarely use it for accurate shooting Heavy Caliber would work but if you plan to try medium to long range shots forget the Heavy Caliber.

Edited by Keiiken

Miter was recently buffed. It's quite a powerful weapon now; stronger than any of the Bows. Charged shots hit like trucks now, at 250 base damage (tied with Lanka, the strongest Sniper in the game).

The uncharged shots are as useless and ammo-draining as ever, but the charged damage now is nothing to sniff at. I use it in place of my Bows at the moment.

Edited by SortaRandom

Elite Lancers are weak to Radiation, not Corrosive.

Miter is two different weapons shoved into one, and pays for that versatility by having both variants suck.

Primary Fire would be decent if it had innate puncture or if it had a rifle ammo pool. Hell, preferably it should have both, it would make a reasonable alternative to the Latron Prime that way (Latron has higher DPS and hitscan advantage for headshots, Miter could have innate puncture for 1-2 bodies worth of piercing, better proc chance, and bouncing projectiles).

Charged fire would be better if it didn't have hitbox that feels smaller than arrows or if it didn't have a freaking 2 second charge time. The problem with this one, honestly, they are trying to balance it against bows. Bows suck. The miter is already light years ahead of them by virtue of being AoE.... but the innate DPS here is 125 with clunky AoE. Compare it to actual AoE weapons like Penta or Ogris or Ignis.

TLDR fixes:

1. Rifle ammo pool.

2. Innate 1m puncture on regular shots.

Result: Now a serviceable alternative to the Latron Prime.

3. Lower charge attack time.

4. Buff charge attack damage.

Result: Now not a laughing stock compared to Penta/Ogris/Ignis etc.

If that's too much versatility on one weapon, then split up the Miter into "Light Miter" and "Heavy Miter." Just make the damn weapon archetype worth using, the concept is awesome fun as shown by the Unreal Tournament series.

Edited by konfetarius

Sadly the Miter is only efficient with charged attacks... and those are not exactly what i would call "easy to land" shots...

I loved Miter's concept, i hated playing it.

Furthermore Heavy Caliber would totally screw up the already low chance to hit something

Elite Lancers are weak to Radiation, not Corrosive.

Miter is two different weapons shoved into one, and pays for that versatility by having both variants suck.

Primary Fire would be decent if it had innate puncture or if it had a rifle ammo pool. Hell, preferably it should have both, it would make a reasonable alternative to the Latron Prime that way (Latron has higher DPS and hitscan advantage for headshots, Miter could have innate puncture for 1-2 bodies worth of piercing, better proc chance, and bouncing projectiles).

Charged fire would be better if it didn't have hitbox that feels smaller than arrows or if it didn't have a freaking 2 second charge time. The problem with this one, honestly, they are trying to balance it against bows. Bows suck. The miter is already light years ahead of them by virtue of being AoE.... but the innate DPS here is 125 with clunky AoE. Compare it to actual AoE weapons like Penta or Ogris or Ignis.

TLDR fixes:

1. Rifle ammo pool.

2. Innate 1m puncture on regular shots.

Result: Now a serviceable alternative to the Latron Prime.

3. Lower charge attack time.

4. Buff charge attack damage.

Result: Now not a laughing stock compared to Penta/Ogris/Ignis etc.

If that's too much versatility on one weapon, then split up the Miter into "Light Miter" and "Heavy Miter." Just make the damn weapon archetype worth using, the concept is awesome fun as shown by the Unreal Tournament series.

Why are you comparing it to a flamethrower and explosive weapons? Its obviously meant to be used more like a sniper.

Obviously there are differences in the player miter vs the eviscerator version but yes i have had them shoot at me long range from behind cover with it.

That's not sniping, that's throwing enough blades into the air and hoping a couple hit.  And at high enough levels, that's all they need.

Lorewise: I think we need to find the distributor who supply the Tenno (us) with these crappy versions of the Grineer weapons and put a Contract out on him or her.  And then a mission to find a better merchant.  Maybe Darvo might be in the market to be a real, and honest, weapons supplier.  Especially seeing as we honour our contracts, and will pay for good weapons.

Why are you comparing it to a flamethrower and explosive weapons? Its obviously meant to be used more like a sniper.

It has a 20 ammo clip and it's two feature mechanics are bouncing and puncture on top of being projectile. Sniper weapon, this is not. Precision oriented like a Latron, sure, but not a sniper weapon, and shouldn't be balanced like one.

Miter actually has a very respectable 25% Status Chance since it was buffed a few patches ago, and since it uses Rifle mods you can mod it even higher. Pretty fun to play around, but as people have mentioned - Sniper Ammo pool brings it down in the end.

Its only good on bosses with bullet attractor. (Mag)

For the rest of the game its trash. 

Actually its like a poor mans lanka. which is really good comparing to other non-aoe charge weapons. (snipers/bows)

Edited by Bubsters