The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Re-Balance Oberon And Mag

AFuzzyBadger

Remember when Crush was affected by armor, or Pull only grabbed one target and most people used it to grief other players? We should go back to that because it was soooooo much better.

Pull and Crush stop killing anything after the mid teens. They hardly need nerfing. I haven't played Oberon yet (prob level him next week), so i won't comment on it's powers.

/end sarcasm

keep current crush or tweak it a bit.

revert to the pull that actually pulled multiple enemies.

From the responses in this thread, the solution seems rather simple.

Low level players are tired of ultimate spam one shot clearing all the rooms.

High level player are tired of ultimate ability not one shotting whatever high level content they need to use it on.

Increase the base damage of the abilities so that it can one shot high level mobs, but add a 30 second cooldown timer so that the ability can't be chain spammed repeatedly through all the maps as it's currently done. Low level players get to actually play without ultimate spam killing everything in low level content, High level players can have a useful ultimate for their 30 min mark T3 survival waves.

Unless I'm reading it wrong and the justification being given for ruining the experience of low level content with ultimate spam is that they can't do it in high level content?

So kill the glass cannons, and render Trinity useless in an emergency? Wow........... bravo... you ruined Warframe... Even Hayden could use his abilities more freely than us he didn't even have a energy bar... And you want us future Tenno who are already limited to a energy bar, to be limited to a cool down. You realize the warframes are just conduits to allow us to focus on which power set to use right? A tenno has infinite reign over power they can't even control yet. If anything if we get cool down remove energy bar, if we have energy bar, DONT ADD A COOL DOWN!!! its that simple!

Cool downs always ruin a game.

Cool downs always ruin a game.

^This.

Anyone complains about ultimates being too powerful should get out of mercury.

They are fine as they are, we're not walking ICBM's. Ultimates becomes weaker and weaker at high levels. So i suggest going on high level missions or not equipping their ultimates.

Or simpy get gud lulz

Mag and Oberon nerf? Are you kidding me. 

If ults is that necessary, maybe we don't even need any weapons when enter the mission, just your frames and their abilities. Why don't you do that then?

Or nerf the frames yourself, take off all the mods on your frames and enter the mission. There, you got the nerf you wanted. 

wow im talking about mag prime guys and to the one person who figured it out and then still said she isn't new...... last three frames are oberon ember prime and mag prime..... almost exactly what I said.... if you misunderstood at least check to see if a person has already posted about the mistake.

Because Valkyr is just a figment of everyone else's imagination except yours.

Right?

RIght?

Oh, wait, that's totally @(*()$ wrong, and the person who needs to check their mistakes is you.

wow im talking about mag prime guys and to the one person who figured it out and then still said she isn't new...... last three frames are oberon ember prime and mag prime..... almost exactly what I said.... if you misunderstood at least check to see if a person has already posted about the mistake.

Valkyr, Ember Prime, Oberon.

Mag Prime has 0 difference between the stock mag besides polarities.

hahahah OMG is there a new version on mag that like  OP as F*** and i did not know abaut it ' ? ¿ OMG tell me where do i farm it :O

It is known as Alpha Mag Vandal Wraith Prime. It is found in T5 Survival and her parts are only rewarded past the 25 minute mark.

Mag, Oberon, Nova, Ember. All guilty of 4 spamming entire missions. 

Frost and Rhino would probably also be, were it not for half of them not having the speed to reach a fight before the aforementioned having gotten there first and pressed 4.

If you mod a Mag for crush you're doing it wrong.

I am surprised at all these "nerf ____ so noobs can compete" threads that have been cropping up recently. Listen, if you haven't seen the endgame content, then you have no right to comment on the status of a warframes abilities. When it comes to level 50+ enemies mag and oberon have to ult like six or more times in a row in order to clear enemies. It gets to the point where the enemies resistances are simply too high for skill builds to worrk effectively on them. Now don't get me wrong, the cc and damage provided by skills such as reckoning and crush is great, but you could more than likely kill a room more effectively with a gun at higher leveled missions. To get a taste of high content try doing a t3 defense mission. Once you get to the final couple of waves the enemies get crazy high health and resistance pools and unless your rocking a frame with maxed focus and Blind rage you'll find the the frame nuke abilities aren't really worth the time and energy costs in comparison to warframes with utility skills.

I have leveled 5 different warframes now ash, loki, saryn, trinity and nyx

You are telling me you have maxed 5 frames without ever experiencing any of the tougher content? 

If you still think Mag's Pull needs a nerf, you need to quit spending so much time in the beginner planets. Seriously, go do a T3 run and tell me how OP you think Pull is. Hell, go to any planet that has level 25+ enemies.

Oberon definitely doesn't need a nerf. All his skills are lackluster(yeah, even Renewal), his only saving grace is his high damage 4 (which, again, falls off very quickly in higher level missions). OP, if you're complaining that 4 skills are OP, same advice to you. Join a party for a higher level mission and you'll see that most 4's are used for the CC or invulnerability, not damage.

Try level 20+ its useless then too..

Yes Mag's Pull does need a nerf I think anyway... But Oberon isn't that bad.... Once you get to higher lvl dudes it takes a lot more to take em down so Oberon cant spam as much because his power costs more energy.....

sorry dude, you my boy and all but mag's pull is pathetic since damage 2.1 Ive removed her from my roster.

Pull is no longer as awesome as it used to be, but it is still great for crowd control and mobile defense, which is why I always run Mag Prime if I know I'm going to solo an Infested Mobile Defense or Defense. (Unless it's Infested Defense on a Grineer map, because the infested can't physically reach the Orokin Reactor Core and hurt it, so I can take my time in killing them.)

I did a 35 minute Infested Survival on Triton, Neptune, last night. Mobs were hitting level 60 and my Oberon's ult wasn't killing them - it was just giving me a little breathing room to break contact, find ammo, and unload with my Soma. If anything, I actually think Rhino Stomp is better at high level than Reckoning, since at least I have time to kill things while they're suspended in the air. (Rhino Master Race. I pray daily for Rhino Prime. =P )

Pull and Reckoning need no nerfs because at high levels all they end up useful for is CC. Everybody *@##$ing about abilities being OP has probably never taken them against Lvl 60 enemies.

.....my Level 30 potatoed Mag is great in low level gameplay, just spam pull and watch everything die. But i switched to my Rhino/Vauban/Nova if i going to a T3 defense for a reason. Damage skills all will eventually become useless. Utility (Bastille/Rhino Stomp/M Prime) on the other hand is great for a majority of the time. I cant speak for Oberon as mine is in the cooker, but Mag most certainly doesn't need a nerf. 

• 2 months later...

uh.... they pale in comparison to Nova's Molecular Prime. Don't make me laugh.

Don't make me laugh.

Nova can't even pop mooks (non heavies, just the grunts) in level 45 Void T3 survivals with her MPrime.

My mag prime does it casually. 

Edited by fatpig84