The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sedna Invasion, It's Been Here For A Week Already.(A Month Actually?)

-Trinity

I do hope something gets done about it, because Cyath is starting to go the opposite direction (it was at 87.7%, now its at 87.6%), which means some people are running it for the grineer to try to spawn harvester, so people trying to get it done, and people trying to spawn harvester are just gonna make it go back and forth indefinitely

The devs are wanting the Grineer to win for whatever reason...curious as to why. You can see this by putting in the Harvester and the line that makes it seem like the Harvester only appears if you if you support the Grineer.

• "Tenno? Can you hear me? You've been a naughty little betrayer, are you? Did you really think your support for the Grineer would go unnoticed?"

Unless their design team is honestly that bad...there's no way that that wasn't put in intentionally to help persuade players to support the Grineer....even if it doesn't actually spawn the Harvester...it's enough to definitely persuade people to support the Grineer...to get a shot at taking out the Harvester.

Also...I'm starting to wonder if the invasion requires 100%....that'd never happen as there will always be players pushing the other way. 85% - 90% should be victory....consider the other 10% - 15% a snowball effect of the opposing faction crumbling and being demoralized. 

Edited by RpTheHotrod

And Europa as well. This is getting ridiculous, imo there are trolls who are actually preventing the invasion from finishing, and regular people won't bother to play beyond the 5 missions they need for the reward (which will never come at this rate)

DE, please implement a hard cap time limit. I want my Kappa back.

Those saying Corpus are winning please get glasses.

The Circle is Corpus(Black Arrow)

The Pillar is Grineer(Red Arrow)

20kdru0.png

This display is very confusing, because infested invasions start at 100% and work back down.

Using the display here, this means the bar progresses AWAY from the infested icon - as if it were proceeding to full infestation from 0%.

So either we're just reading this wrong, or the display is stupid and needs fixing.

Working with evidence as stated in my first statement, one way to

EDIT: Ok I've worked out how to read it.

Corpus is blue, Grineer is red, obviously.

Corpus are invading, so they're on the right side of the bar. THUS, when they invade, their blue bar start on the left. If their blue bar reaches corpus icon on the right side, they invade the node completely.

Likewise with grineer invasion and infested.

This is consistent with the evidence I have: Infestations start 100% and work down; % indicated always indicate progress of invasion, for the invading side.

So yes, corpus are winning in sedna.

The debate about who is winning is beside the point. No one actually cares who is winning because the invasions are not fun, and currently it does not actually change any dynamics of the game. Scratch that, 90% of the mission nodes are not fun and do not change the dynamics of the game, because they are just carbon copies of other mission nodes; the invasions are just putting a very bright spotlight on this already existing problem on lack of mission variety.

There are 14 systems on the star chart with a total of 239 mission nodes, but there are just 12 mission types (including invasions which are just a flavor of exterminate, and Void/OD defense which is just a flavor of endless defense —wasn't Raid removed because it was too similar to other mission types?) making numerous largely identical missions, with the missions being even more identical since the change to the Infested faction. There are 14 mobile defense missions, and a whopping 40 sabotage missions, with all the other missions types besides Assassination having 20+ largely identical nodes split between, effectively, just 2 factions. Specific enemy composition and tile set may change depending on the node, but every mission and how it play out is essentially identical to at least 5+ other mission nodes.

That these invasion events have the potential to, and actually are blocking out, some of the few mission nodes that players do congregate to is a major problem.

At this point it would be better to make the invasions work similar to alerts: Players choose a faction, run the required number of missions to get the reward immediately, and then have access to the base mission node again, and after X amount of time the faction that had the most missions run in its favor gets the node. This would make it so if one of the few actual desirable mission nodes gets slammed, like Kappa, it is not locked out for a long period of time for the players who like/want to farm/grind Kappa. Make it entirely independent on number of actual missions run. If only 1 person does the invasion alert during the X hours it is up, and runs their required Y missions to get the reward, then that person just won/defended the node for the faction they supported. Simple majority wins the invasion, ties go in favor of the defender.

Those saying Corpus are winning please get glasses.

The Circle is Corpus(Black Arrow)

The Pillar is Grineer(Red Arrow)

20kdru0.png

The bar fills toward the icon. If the bar fills with blue to the Corpus icon, the Corpus win. If it fills with red to the Grineer icon, the Grineer win.

Or, Blue=Corpus, Red= Grineer, Green= Infested.

Corpus is winning on Sedna and Europa, have nearly pushed the Infested off of Neptune, and the Infested are still prominent against the Grineer in the first conflict there.

It's not so much about pushing it through as that it's been sitting there, for over a month now, which has completely stalled the invasions, AND it shows players do not want to do play the missions.

Its not they don't want to play. Its they don't want more gallium. Like all the frikin invasions drop gallium! C'MON DE MAKE IT DROP SOMETHING ELSE FOR ONCE!

The debate about who is winning is beside the point. No one actually cares who is winning because the invasions are not fun, and currently it does not actually change any dynamics of the game. Scratch that, 90% of the mission nodes are not fun and do not change the dynamics of the game, because they are just carbon copies of other mission nodes; the invasions are just putting a very bright spotlight on this already existing problem on lack of mission variety.

There are 14 systems on the star chart with a total of 239 mission nodes, but there are just 12 mission types (including invasions which are just a flavor of exterminate, and Void/OD defense which is just a flavor of endless defense —wasn't Raid removed because it was too similar to other mission types?) making numerous largely identical missions, with the missions being even more identical since the change to the Infested faction. There are 14 mobile defense missions, and a whopping 40 sabotage missions, with all the other missions types besides Assassination having 20+ largely identical nodes split between, effectively, just 2 factions. Specific enemy composition and tile set may change depending on the node, but every mission and how it play out is essentially identical to at least 5+ other mission nodes.

And that my friend is why I have quit playing for a while in the past.....

I have a feeling it's the Harvester and Detron that's the cause of this.

First everyone rushed grineer, now everyones switched for corpus, since it looks like Harvester has a chance to spawn when you're attacking the corpus... 

**NVM there's a topic that says its doesnt matter whos side you're on.....

Other than that, I gots nothing.

Leveling in survival has proven to be a bit more rewarding now.

Edited by Pixydis