The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could I Request The Straith Be Available Some Time Again?

OneOhOne

So, I love using shotguns because of all the ultra-fancy numbers on my screen when I shoot enemies in the face with them, and own every single shotgun that currently exists in the game other than the Straith.  However, when the Strun Wraith (arguably the most powerful shotgun in the game) was available via event reward, I was out of town for the full time of the event.

Is there any chance that DE could consider making it available through some other means, such as a future event or some kind of stalker-esque spawn? 

Now, keep in mind I'm not asking for a freebee, and would rather enjoy a challenge for getting it.  Maybe make it something like double the required time that was required in the survival event (40mins of time in a survival game)?  I don't know what everyone else thinks of this, but it would be incredibly satisfying to earn the weapon in such a way, and I feel the difficulty would fit the reward.

Thanks for taking the time to read my request!  If this happened, it would be greatly appreciated several times over.  :)

dont expect a event reward to become permanently available from farming, they're event rewards, the best is to hope for DE to have another event that gives the strun wraith, chances are unlikely though.

one thing you have to understand is people worked for a event reward DURING the event, and it's ought to anger those people who spent the effort if DE then releases it normally, even if it's very hard to obtain normally.

I'm just going to warn you ahead of time, that you'll most likely get some hostile responses to this topic. Some like lording the fact over others that they have something that can't be obtained.

Me? I don't really care. Actually, I'd prefer it if anything that effects gameplay (Basically weapons that aren't just cosmetic, and mods) would be available to everyone. And this is coming from someone who has all the unique event weapons except for the Braton and Lato Vandals.

I don't mind cosmetic items staying exclusive, though.

dont expect a event reward to become permanently available from farming, they're event rewards, the best is to hope for DE to have another event that gives the strun wraith, chances are unlikely though.

one thing you have to understand is people worked for a event reward DURING the event, and it's ought to anger those people who spent the effort if DE then releases it normally, even if it's very hard to obtain normally.

I believe my suggestion of doubling the requirements of the reward fixes that.  It isn't my fault, nor anyone else's that missed the time allotted for the event due to other things. 

I'm also certain there are far more people who do not have the gun than people that do have it, which is in the interests of DE to make it available to the majority, however in a far more difficult situation which would prevent absolutely everyone having it.

I'm just going to warn you ahead of time, that you'll most likely get some hostile responses to this topic. Some like lording the fact over others that they have something that can't be obtained.

Me? I don't really care. Actually, I'd prefer it if anything that effects gameplay (Basically weapons that aren't just cosmetic, and mods) would be available to everyone. And this is coming from someone who has all the unique event weapons except for the Braton and Lato Vandals.

I don't mind cosmetic items staying exclusive, though.

This is also part of my complaint.  The Straith is arguably the most powerful shotgun currently available in the game, and penalizing a player for not being present in the small amount of time that something considerably game-changing was available to earn is rather disheartening.

Edited by OneOhOne

Y'know it's kind of funny because I'm 100% for item exclusivity, but I don't mind it if weapons that were in a previous event as a reward get cycled into a new event as maybe a 'reach' goal. If only as a blueprint.

Disagree. I don't mind about "exclusive" too much, but it will be next step in Power Creep direction and another "form barrier".

Who needs usual Strun, if someday SW will pop up and beat your formalized weapon in every term (DPS, Crit, Status, even in mag size and reload time)?

I'm mainly for events rewards just being event rewards, but to be perfectly honest, I'm completely happy with simply getting the gun much earlier than others.

The only exception for exclusivity I see is for the founders.

Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime and the Lato Prime should never be released outside of the founders package.

Releasing an item that took time to get while it was exclusive is one thing, releasing something that you bought is another.

If they wanted to release the Strun Wraith once again, I'd be fine with it.

But, that hasn't been true for any of the exclusive weapons, such as the Vandals.

So I don't see this happening until the game reaches it's climax.

I have both shotguns and I would say that Boar is more effective at longer distances as well. AND Boar Prime does double the DPS.

Raw stats say otherwise, and no, Boar Prime does nowhere near double the DPS.  At the maximum theoretical DPS, Boar is ahead by only around 25% which makes perfect sense considering "maximum theoretical DPS" counts all shots hitting, wherein you'd have to be in hugging range with the Boar.

Regardless, this has nothing to do with the inability of the majority of the community to obtain it.

Edited by OneOhOne

Raw stats say otherwise, and no, Boar Prime does nowhere near double the DPS.  At the maximum theoretical DPS, Boar is ahead by only around 25% which makes perfect sense considering "maximum theoretical DPS" counts all shots hitting, wherein you'd have to be in hugging range with the Boar.

Regardless, this has nothing to do with the inability of the majority of the community to obtain it.

He is correct and incorrect. He is counting the burst DPS difference, comparing Boar Prime's 45.5k burst dps to the Strun Wraith's 25k burst dps.

I believe my suggestion of doubling the requirements of the reward fixes that.  It isn't my fault, nor anyone else's that missed the time allotted for the event due to other things. 

I'm also certain there are far more people who do not have the gun than people that do have it, which is in the interests of DE to make it available to the majority, however in a far more difficult situation which would prevent absolutely everyone having it.

LIKE I SAID, in my other post, no matter how hard it is to get, if it's normally obtainable, then it's no longer a "event exclusive" thus angering the power who participated in said event. doubling the requirement for the reward doesnt change anything, it's still obtainable NORMALLY.

besides, it IS technically your fault for not being there, whether it's your obligations or personal life that "gets in the way".

Forgot to calculate reloads. Sorry, my mistake :P

LIKE I SAID, in my other post, no matter how hard it is to get, if it's normally obtainable, then it's no longer a "event exclusive" thus angering the power who participated in said event. doubling the requirement for the reward doesnt change anything, it's still obtainable NORMALLY.

besides, it IS technically your fault for not being there, whether it's your obligations or personal life that "gets in the way".

If there was ample amount of notification before prior engagements, I'd agree with you, however I've only heard of events after they've come out and I happen to look at my launcher after they've already begun.

I also see nowhere in the gun's description or on the gun's model the statement  "THIS IS EVENT EXCLUSIVE."

Edited by OneOhOne

If there was ample amount of notification before prior engagements, I'd agree with you, however I've only heard of events after they've come out and I happen to look at my launcher after they've already begun.

I also see nowhere in the gun's description or on the gun's model the statement  "THIS IS EVENT EXCLUSIVE."

Every Wraith or Vandal is event exclusive iirc.

Y'know it's kind of funny because I'm 100% for item exclusivity, but I don't mind it if weapons that were in a previous event as a reward get cycled into a new event as maybe a 'reach' goal. If only as a blueprint.

But then what's the incentive for us that already have it? If there isn't something worth getting for us that already have that specific recycled reward, you've lost a lot of potential players in the event.

If it has "Wraith" or "Vandal" in the name, it's exclusive. That's how you determine that. It shouldn't have to actually say "THIS IS EVENT EXCLUSIVE" when the name says it all.

Edited by Kibbols123

That's pretty much how I feel about it too. I'd rather not have permanent exclusivity for gameplay impacting items. I went ~113 Grineer to 112 Corpus on the event for the Brakk, but it wouldn't bother me for people to be able to acquire it in game in some fashion now.

When it comes to the Straith, it's been months now, so I don't really see the harm in it at this point. But I never liked that one much in the first place, so I don't know how much weight my opinion should carry there. ;)

During this last (or I guess still current for a day or two) event there was a major winter storm in the American mid west, and many people lost their power for a week or more, would you really say that it was their fault for not being able to complete the event because their power was out ?

A lot of things can happen to prevent a person from being able to participate in the events, especially for the shorter ones. It kind of sucks to have them forever remain one offs.

Make them rare drop blueprints that take a Forma and Catalyst to craft or something to justify it if you must, but there ought to eventually be some path for people get them if they really want to badly enough.

That's pretty much how I feel about it too. I'd rather not have permanent exclusivity for gameplay impacting items. I went ~113 Grineer to 112 Corpus on the event for the Brakk, but it wouldn't bother me for people to be able to acquire it in game in some fashion now.

When it comes to the Straith, it's been months now, so I don't really see the harm in it at this point. But I never liked that one much in the first place, so I don't know how much weight my opinion should carry there. ;)

During this last (or I guess still current for a day or two) event there was a major winter storm in the American mid west, and many people lost their power for a week or more, would you really say that it was their fault for not being able to complete the event because their power was out ?

A lot of things can happen to prevent a person from being able to participate in the events, especially for the shorter ones. It kind of sucks to have them forever remain one offs.

Make them rare drop blueprints that take a Forma and Catalyst to craft or something to justify it if you must, but there ought to eventually be some path for people get them if they really want to badly enough.

This event's been going on for 3 WEEKS! You can't say that isn't your fault then!

And no, they should remain exclusive. I worked to get those rewards when they were available. I'd be angry to see if people could just craft them when they wanted to, when all of us that do have the reward had to work hard in a limited time to get them.

I'm fine with mods not remaining exclusive, but weapons/frames should remain that way.

I didn't start on warframe until this past summer, so I didn't get the other events. Do you see me demanding the become non-exclusive? No. Why? I understand I wasn't there for those events and it's my fault.

Edited by Kibbols123