Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris Should Fire More Pellets

Boondorl

Tigris is designed as a precision shotgun, if any it should only fire two pellets with least fall off damage. If you want stereotypical shotgun, there are already other shotguns fitting that role. No need to force other weapon into your liking.

The Tigris was designed to take down "big game". Considering its heavy base Slash damage, that makes the gun geared more toward fighting Infested - yet the gun lacks the pellets and spread to adequately deal with Infested mobs. With a 2 round "magazine" and restricted reload, that means a lot of backpedaling when fighting Infested with the Tigris.

So yeah, more pellets and a wider spread please.

Tigris user here with a forma and potato.  Love it how it is.  Throw a Hell's Chamber on it and it's golden.  If it were to get more than 5 pellets default, the weapon would be fairly OP.  Decreasing the accuracy would also ruin it's sniping capabilities which I love.  Realistically the spread's going to do more harm than good as how often do you have multiple enemies in an optimal spread?  

Personally I feel they either need to take it the slug route, decrease the pellets, up the damage, up the accuracy, up the range/decrease falloff, and change the damage to impact or pen so it works on the enemy type the feel of the weapon is designed for...

OR, make it a true infested room sweeper. Drop damage a fair amount, up the number of pellets to like 20, and drop accuracy some so it can fill a room with buckshot. I pictured the Tigris as a room sweeper, only to find out it's another hek type shotgun.... Problem is, infested aren't a group you want high single target damage, small mag sizes, and decent reloads on....

I'd just like to say in passing that I took one look at Tigris' material requirements to build, then turned around and left it alone.

Other shotguns already take down targets with one good shot at short range, but with a much bigger magazine. And if you want to take down targets with one shot at long range then you want a sniper rifle.

In a way the game reflects reality, in that breech loading shotguns became obsolete for military purposes the instant a magazine-fed version was invented. :)