Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] New Faction: Space Pirates

Vard

Well, the pirate frame could look like it's wearing a coat and a hat. Like, say, Saryns' boots, skirt and boa - certain elements of clothing, integrated into suit. Maybe, with an "eyepatch", a beard and a hat. Or it could look like I described in my pirate-boss suggestion earlier in this thread.

Well, the pirate frame could look like it's wearing a coat and a hat. Like, say, Saryns' boots, skirt and boa - certain elements of clothing, integrated into suit. Maybe, with an "eyepatch", a beard and a hat. Or it could look like I described in my pirate-boss suggestion earlier in this thread.

I like the idea of a coat. But the hat would probably look ridiculous.

however, making it look like a cyclops with an off center "eye" light, as if he had an eye patch. That could be neat

So I know we talked about pirates busting into a corpus/grineer ship and unloading themselves into combat.  What if I told you this is very likey possible.  I was on a corpus ground mission the other day rushing for once and noticed something either new or that I've just blindly missed before.  Corpus drop ships landed and unloaded corpus troops.  This means working vehicles with the ability to load/unload enemy troops are a thing.  O____O

And ive seen one faction bust into another factions ship, like grineer invading a corpus ship or infested breaking out mid mission. So pirates would obviously do that, its already in the game

So lets discuss Pirate weapons.

Im thinking Harpoon gun. Like a crossbow on steroids, uses sniper ammo. A huge bolt that nails enemies to walls with ease, natural puncture thru bodies, Capable of nailing two or three enemies together

Blunderbuss, very powerful shotgun with LARGE spread, mag size of one or two. with TONS of pellets per shot. about 15-25 The point is even at long range, at least one pellet would probably hit your target

Cutlasses, knives, scimitars

And i think pirates would be the perfect faction to bring GRENADES.  A secondary item,  you would carry about  8-12 of them, and they would be thrown by pressing your switch weapon button. And picking up a pistol ammo box would give 1 (maybe 2) grenades

Any other ideas?

Edited by Vard

I love this idea.

Possible weapons for the pirates could be powerful revolver-like pistols, blunderbuss shot guns as stated earlier by Vard, or powerful bolt action mid range rifles.

I don't know about melee weapons. We have a lot of those already, though I don't think it would be right to leave an entire faction without melee weapons, especially since they're pirates (which are known for using melee).

The Pirates could also consist of randomly generated Corpus, or Tenno, with randomly generated weapons of all factions (except infested for obvious reasons), and randomly generated armor, and colors.

I would not add Grineer, because it would be very unlikely that clones would be conscious enough to rebel against their system.

Possible weapons for the pirates could be powerful revolver-like pistols

OOooooh!!!

YES!

but how would it be differnt than the lex? Im guessing slightly less dmg with a fast fire rate and long reload? Perhaps even be immune to increase mag size?

I like the broad concept of the original post, in terms of unexpected events that disrupt normal gameplay.

It sounds really fun. But I think that's where it stops for me.

I'm curious how you guys think this will fit with the lore. What faction would pirates belong to or is it a new faction?

From the description of pirates it feels awfully a lot like grineers. They are currently my least favourite faction

in terms of art and environment. The crude and rusty ships are really depressing and empty. Having another faction

with that art style I don't really look forward to :(

In terms of gameplay it doesn't do much I guess just more enemis for us to exterminate, it would just extend the number

of bodies we need to shoot at.

I dunno, it just seems a lot of people are excited at the old ninja vs pirate idea and i don't feel it really fits into warframe.

Personally my concept for them is desperate civilians driven to raiding to survive. They would be more Space!Somalia than Age-of-sail-doubloons-and-parrots Pirates.

Morally grey, a mix of faction weaponry and homemade boarding harpoons and primitive but brutal assault weaponry.

They would wear modern BDU style armour over Zee-rust space suits with lots of scavenged bits.

Basically this

wood02.jpg

mixed with this

riotpolice350.jpg

and this

aggghhh+ork.gif

Their space ships would be greebled together from bits of Corpus and Grineer technology, and their planetary missions would be shanty towns built inside huge concrete megastructures, long since overgrown with choking vegitation.

Now I don’t mean cartoonish sailors who talk like "YARR, AVAST YE MATEYS HOIST THE MAIN SAIL" and have parrots and frilly clothes. No, I mean space bandits, thieves and murderers.

These space pirates would often be found having forcefully boarded other spaceships,

This gives us an opportunity to see friendly space stations, and these missions would usually be Exterminate.

You know how Lotus will sometimes change your objective? Pirates will change your mission too. Every so often, some unlucky bunch of pirates will get the dim-witted idea to try to take over a ship with YOU onboard, in the middle of your mission.

Your objective would usually stay the same when this happens, but it would certainly spice things up to have pirates shooting up the place in a hectic 3-way fight

Also there would be missions where you board the pirate’s ships directly, which would be rusty, scrappy metal ships. These levels could have most of the standard mission types.

These pirates would use mostly light armor, sometimes heavy, and would possibly have a few more melee units than your typical enemy group. They would come with their own new weapons too. Some of which you could buy in the store or craft. I’m still not sure what exact types of weapons they should use, but they definitely need to have some of their own weapons, though others could obviously be stolen.

yes and possibly this space pirate could be like a random event during the end of missions. like suddenly the hull is ripped open and is boarded by space pirates!

Personally my concept for them is desperate civilians driven to raiding to survive. They would be more Space!Somalia than Age-of-sail-doubloons-and-parrots Pirates.

Morally grey, a mix of faction weaponry and homemade boarding harpoons and primitive but brutal assault weaponry.

They would wear modern BDU style armour over Zee-rust space suits with lots of scavenged bits.

Basically this

wood02.jpg

mixed with this

riotpolice350.jpg

and this

aggghhh+ork.gif

Their space ships would be greebled together from bits of Corpus and Grineer technology, and their planetary missions would be shanty towns built inside huge concrete megastructures, long since overgrown with choking vegitation.

the idea is a good one. though why would they be aggressive towards Tenno? well besides "ooh, look at that shiny suit! dibs on the helm!!!"

the idea is a good one. though why would they be aggressive towards Tenno? well besides "ooh, look at that shiny suit! dibs on the helm!!!"

It would be more the Tenno being hostile to them. The Pirates would dig up Orokin stuff and sell it to the Grineer and Corpus through the Black Market. The Tenno would rather raid than pay.

I suppose the pirates would also attack for the same reason the Corpus do, Orokin tech is worth big plat!

It would be more the Tenno being hostile to them. The Pirates would dig up Orokin stuff and sell it to the Grineer and Corpus through the Black Market. The Tenno would rather raid than pay.

I suppose the pirates would also attack for the same reason the Corpus do, Orokin tech is worth big plat!

hmm... this gives me an idea - why wouldn`t the bosses (or maybe just heavies/elites) of this rag-tag group of misfits have some salvaged warframe pieces, so they can use a low-power version of our skills... would be awesomely sick, imho...