Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] New Faction: Space Pirates

Vard

Ya know, the infested were a good candidate but somehow DE didn't take the opportunity to make them terrifying.

the infested used to scare me, because somehow they resembled the flood to me... then i unlocked and finished Lares for the first time... :D

but they can`t really make the infested into "necromorph" level of grotesque... this game isn`t about that, but it would be wicked sick if it actually involved something really mutated... i mean REALLY mutated... also the concept of J3 being a big-&#! creature, made of multitude of bodies... SWEEEEET...!

I want Cthulu like creatures in space. This is space people. Where are the icky creepy crawlies?

Imagine this: Cthuloid creatures with the bodies of kittens... :D only 10 times larger... :D

Ya know, the infested were a good candidate but somehow DE didn't take the opportunity to make them terrifying.

Infested used to be a bit Dead Spacey back then I suppose, but then they're still just space zombies, not the same thing as alien cthuloid creatures with feline bodies :P

And if some pirates were tired of their journey stealing and killing people? and ,sometimes, at the mission they would ally with you and help you with your mission,killing everybody and stealing their Money? And that could even be a warframe!Like a pirate warframe with the abilities of getting more gold ,more mods and more resources , like an passive ability.?

Careful note here... do you want Cthulhu in your Warframe, or do you want squid-faces in your Warframe? The core concept in Call of Cthulhu, is Lovecraft's idea of cosmic horror, Fighting a cosmic force you cannot possibly defeat. And almost every Lovecraft story ends with the hero dying, and the evil simply continuing existing.

That doesn't really fit Warframe, with the you-and-your-four-ninja-buds-vs-the-world.

I hate to tell you but WE ARE THE FISHMEN!

Seriously, "For generations you've slept, no purpose, no call to wake you. But now seeds have burst from the ruin you left. The Grineer are spreading, they hunt for the one thing that could destroy them. You."

Hmmm, ancient beings sleeping away the aeons, locked away in ancient ruins beyond space and time. They hold the secrets of ancient knowledge, wield powers beyond the ken of mortal man, and when they choose to they kill by the thousand.

Where have I heard that before?

Ia! Ia! Tenno Ftaghn!

Careful note here... do you want Cthulhu in your Warframe, or do you want squid-faces in your Warframe? The core concept in Call of Cthulhu, is Lovecraft's idea of cosmic horror, Fighting a cosmic force you cannot possibly defeat. And almost every Lovecraft story ends with the hero dying, and the evil simply continuing existing.

That doesn't really fit Warframe, with the you-and-your-four-ninja-buds-vs-the-world.

It doesn't literally have to be Cthulhu, just a horde of funky cthulhuesque aliens maybe, or maybe even... alien.gif lol

but yeah let's get the pirates/raiders first.

Edit: damn, my alien.gif died. it was those weird cute tentacle aliens from Metal Slug.

Edited by CapricaSix

Space Pirates sounds more like a "faction" than a race. The game calls the Grineer, Corpus, and Infested "factions", but they're really more of races. But this Space Pirate idea... what RACE would they be? Grineer gone rogue/pirate? Or a combination of Grineer and Corpus Crewmen?

Or a totally new race introduction? And they would ALL be pirates/thieves? I find that hard to believe.

I was thinking, Space Pirates should also be on the side of the good guys.

However, Tenno Ninjas are under The Lotus
while Tenno Pirates are under a free government (with some seriously beautiful non-helmet-wearing-chick)

and then these 2 factions race to finish the missions.

I was also thinking of their functionalities that should make them different from Ninjas are the following:

-No Parkour, Simply running, but when they need to reach obstacles, they use a hook gun.
-Their skills are not elemental, but rely on their weapons like a Cannoneer, A sniper, A pirate commander with a pistol, etc.
-Their missions will revolve on, getting to the mission objective first, rather than the annihilation of Ninja Tenno, because they 'might' have discovered an anomaly in the way The Lotus handle the Tenno.

-Tough Rivalry with the Ninjas.

Edited by kingguy3

I was thinking, Space Pirates should also be on the side of the good guys.

However, Tenno Ninjas are under The Lotus

while Tenno Pirates are under a free government (with some seriously beautiful non-helmet-wearing-chick)

and then these 2 factions race to finish the missions.

Hmmm what if they were also playable... it'd be like Tenno without warframes and powers but gadgets and stuff instead. I doubt DE would ever go for that though, as the game is called Warframe.

Hmmm what if they were also playable... it'd be like Tenno without warframes and powers but gadgets and stuff instead. I doubt DE would ever go for that though, as the game is called Warframe.

no, no, their frames are then made out of junk materials. You know like Junk Pirates, then their skills are based on the frame they have built. 

And yes they should be playable.

no, no, their frames are then made out of junk materials. You know like Junk Pirates, then their skills are based on the frame they have built. 

And yes they should be playable.

So if I build a Junkframe out of old video game consoles, would my powers be based on whatever games I slot in?