Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] New Faction: Space Pirates

Vard

What if the pirate ship had some sort of emblem on a poorly managed grineer and/or corpus ship and the lighting would be dim, since as you would expect, pirates would barely have any idea how to manage that kind of tech.

Edited by CakeMixer

I love this idea. Certain areas could be patrolled by pirates and somewhere have a pirate boss. Maybe instead of a planet they could live in an astroid field. I LOVE the idea of having them invade a ship mid mission changing your objective and having to fight for example the corpus and pirates. Personally i would say they have some of their own weapons and some they "looted".

There shouldnt be any notion of cartoon pirates. These should be ruthless, bloodthirsty bandits that should be feared.

What if the pirate ship had some sort of emblem on a poorly managed grineer and/or corpus ship and the lighting would be dim, since as you would expect, pirates would barely have any idea how to manage that kind of tech.

+1. They could just give the ships grimy reskins and put trash piles everywhere. Easy peasy!

Don't know if I read it in this topic or another, but I liked the idea of them also having jungle-based "outposts" and using some guerilla tactics.

Thinking of Starwars ep. 6 (the one with the fluffy bears).

Let's say they have some cave base in there, outside there are some sneky treehouse watchtowers and when you're running around you got to watch out for traps.

How a jungle would fit on other planets than earth...i don't know...but there are snow maps and desert is coming so why not.

If you sprung a trap - trip wire alert trap - perhaps we could get to see one of those small Grineer ships fly in above us and drop some pirates on our heads? that would be cool.

Space Junkies sounds like a bunch of dudes that got high on hash brownies/space cakes... Or you know, just addicts, but in space. Semantics aside, I'm not really sure why would pirates be so fond of "junk", their makeshift gear and ships may seem like junk but why would they call it junk? Doesn't sound very intimidating lol. They're supposed to be raiding and stealing good stuff from Corpus and Grineer, at least according to OP :P

Junkers are just a derrogatory term, like how the ISA in Killzone called the Helghast "Higs" (I originally thought it was short for nig x.x (And I still do)). The thing is my idea was made BEFORE this post, so it obviously doesn't follow OP too much. Plus, the concept of the Junkers was to salvage materials/ships/weapons and SUPERSPACEMAGICGLUE them together. I didn't really have the Pirate theme in the back of my mind while creating my Junker faction, just a 'Raider' or 'Bandit' archetype.

EDIT: Oh, and with the addition of this Event and those appearing Fomorian ships, we could have a similar system for the Space Pirates as an alert mission.

Edited by DarknightK

Junkers are just a derrogatory term, like how the ISA in Killzone called the Helghast "Higs" (I originally thought it was short for nig x.x (And I still do)). The thing is my idea was made BEFORE this post, so it obviously doesn't follow OP too much. Plus, the concept of the Junkers was to salvage materials/ships/weapons and SUPERSPACEMAGICGLUE them together. I didn't really have the Pirate theme in the back of my mind while creating my Junker faction, just a 'Raider' or 'Bandit' archetype.

EDIT: Oh, and with the addition of this Event and those appearing Fomorian ships, we could have a similar system for the Space Pirates as an alert mission.

Yeah the fomorian event would be great for something like this. But I still don't know about the name lol, I mean we don't have derogatory nicknames for Corpus {toasters?} or the Grineer {skinned puppies?}, so why would raiders have it? I kind of like the idea of having raiders over pirates, but I think I'd rather keep it simple. That's just me though, it just seems more "clean" that way.

Pretty sure that's from bullet storm.

Yep.

Googled bullet storm and found a picture with an identical gun.

CHALLENGE FOR GIFTED ARTISTS:  Redraw a similar character, With something from warframe, maybe a Boltor. or a stolen, modded Machete, or Cronus. Something a pirate would use. maybe a scrap of warframe armor. Like a shoulder guard from Ash.

The best few will make the front page

Edited by Vard

CHALLENGE FOR GIFTED ARTISTS:  Redraw a similar character, With something from warframe, maybe a Boltor. or a stolen, modded Machete, or Cronus. Something a pirate would use. maybe a scrap of warframe armor. Like a shoulder guard from Ash.

The best few will make the front page

So, what do I win :P

7WrUquy.jpg

top photoshop skills

Well it's a thread about Space pirates. Of course that's what we're talking about the most! :P

I don't think anyone was giving them top billing aside from a handfull of people who thought they should be playable for some reason. Personally I think they would be scum sucking bottom feeders who only show up occasionally and get obliterated by the Tenno, just like everything else.

Edited by ValhaHazred

Art for space pirates... hmm...

Could be fun :) 

It will probably be different from what you are intending... but I like the idea of space pirates in the game. I'll post it... if i can make it first.

When I do manage to make some art, I'll let you know first thing.

Edited by DocPulsar

I'll just leave some of my ideas here for all ya:

The pirates hail from the many independent colonies within the system (they can't be grineer or corpus). As such, they wield both weapons from their militias, as well as capture gear.

Concept Art:

oCO2e0K.jpg

sPzMeHz.jpg

The pirates spit into two (indistinguishable) factions: plain, straight, thieving pirates, and those with "Letters of Marque" who aid the independent colonies from Grineer expansion and Corpus indoctrination.

Obviously, the first group will raid ships and is actively hostile towards the Tenno. But the second group we could cooperate with (we both rely on hit-and-run). The would also facilitate trade (between each other as well as offering random loot boxes for sale from raided ships).

Spacebeard the Pirate:

CAhKAtm.jpg