Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adjusting The Twin Wraith Vipers. (Feedback + Idea)

Sebastianx

So,with the help of my clan mates I got the T-Wipers to 30 as fast as I could...and to my sadness I noticed they're overall weaker than the original T-Vipers ... sure the burst damage is bigger due to the bigger Crit chance and mag size...but now they eat ammo faster and the worst thing is that they do 14 impact,1 puncture and 1 slash damage.

Idea :

-Change the damage to 14 impact,3 puncture,5 slash.

-Reduce the Fire rate from 25 rounds/sec to 20 rounds/sec.

-Leave everything else as it is.

That should fix the ammo problem a bit (less fire rate yet still not losing DPS due to the increased puncture and slash dmg) and make them better vs something else besides shields (DPS should still be roughly the same due to the lower fire rate but increased dmg but now they have a bit more versatility).

AND PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD...give us the old T-Viper sounds for the T-Wipers, I know your sound team still has them,they never throw away recorded stuff,because they know they might need it sometime.

So,with the help of my clan mates I got the T-Wipers to 30 as fast as I could...and to my sadness I noticed they're overall weaker than the original T-Vipers ... sure the burst damage is bigger due to the bigger Crit chance and mag size...but now they eat ammo faster and the worst thing is that they do 14 impact,1 puncture and 1 slash damage.

Idea :

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Leave everything else as it is.

That should fix the ammo problem a bit (less fire rate yet still not losing DPS due to the increased puncture and slash dmg) and make them better vs something else besides shields (DPS should still be roughly the same due to the lower fire rate but increased dmg but now they have a bit more versatility).

AND PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD...give us the old T-Viper sounds for the T-Wipers, I know your sound team still has them,they never throw away recorded stuff,because they know they might need it sometime.

Much better now. Try that.

Idea :

Use elemental mods. Then you won't care about the base physical types.

No. Get out.

Why would you not want your founder weapons to be viable for regular gameplay?

And if they are viable for regular gameplay, what is it to you if they are just reskins? You lose nothing by letting people have an equally powerfull weapon... Or are you just being an elitist ****, who needs his toys to be better?

Why would you not want your founder weapons to be viable for regular gameplay?

And if they are viable for regular gameplay, what is it to you if they are just reskins? You lose nothing by letting people have an equally powerfull weapon... Or are you just being an elitist ****, who needs his toys to be better?

So people who take part in promotions and events shouldn't be allowed to get unique side grades of weapons? That's the highlight of events in most any game (aside from a little lore for lore hounds like myself). No wraith or vandal is currently better than anything else in the game, no need to make them skins, side grading is fine enough (granted, stwraith was much ore powerful, but not anymore.) Edited by DeejayPwny

So people who take part in promotions and events shouldn't be allowed to get unique side grades of weapons? That's the highlight of events in most any game (aside from a little lore for lore hounds like myself).

No, particiating in a "promotion" dosen't entitle you to unique gameplay(however minor), beyond what's part of the event itself.

The reward is already unique and prestigious enough being just a skin unavailable otherwise.

Making it also play differently denies not just gameplay to a portion of the playerbase, but in most cases also power.

Also, most games do skins and titles as event rewards, sometimes cash only convenience items.

If something with equal stats isn't going to hit the shop/drop table in the following weeks(making the event item an early access), then the even item should be something that dosen't affect gameplay: a (re)skin, a title, a convenience item(which counting separately for the purpose of leveling and/or different polarities counts as).

Aside from the mods, they were a decent incentive to participate in the event. So yeah, they ought to be better than regular ones.

No, they do not ought to be more powerful, the only thing they have to do, is being unique. A skin unavailable in the shop is unique, whether or not that's worth going for the top tier is your problem.

Speaking of mods, they are also event rewards, and as soon as the event is over, they hit the drop tables(nightmare ones in this case).

You don't see people whining about their event reward mods being available to everyone, and neither you should about everyone having access to a weapon with stats equal to the envent one.

Edited by Naqel

No, particiating in a "promotion" dosen't entitle you to unique gameplay(however minor), beyond what's part of the event itself.

The reward is already unique and prestigious enough being just a skin unavailable otherwise.

Making it also play differently denies not just gameplay to a portion of the playerbase, but in most cases also power.

Also, most games do skins and titles as event rewards, sometimes cash only convenience items.

If something with equal stats isn't going to hit the shop/drop table in the following weeks(making the event item an early access), then the even item should be something that dosen't affect gameplay: a (re)skin, a title, a convenience item(which counting separately for the purpose of leveling and/or different polarities counts as).

What did this event promote(aside from a new tile-set)?

Why should all of our time and energy be wasted on some 'cool' paint-job?

Many of us spent hours and hours, even days, trying to get the resources to build the antigens. Why should our effort not be rewarded?