The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What To Do With Afk Players?(In Game)

C0R3

don`t say that i am a racist or an a**hole or something
is there a way to, you know to give us an option to kick someone out of the game when they are afk for more than 10 minutes or something?
me and 2 of my friends were playing a survival mission, then a guy joined in(people we don`t know)
as soon as we hack the console and the door opened, the guy just ran off far away from us
we ask him to stick with us but he did not respond.
so we continued our survival.

(more than 15 minutes has passed) the guy suddenly came back then ran off again
(another 15minutes later or so)we were running out of lifesupport and the mobs are getting tougher(we can`t hold them much longer)so we decided to head for extraction.
we found out that the guy just stands there for the whole time(inside a container)
that time our lifesupport was 0% and we reach the extraction but needed to wait 1 more minute because that guy was standing there afk.
3 of us died(in the extraction zone. we were unable to revive because there are too much mobs. every time we revive we would die)we have waited for a few minutes, that guy suddenly left(dont know disconnected or something else)
we were pissed because we farmed those materials and all those mods are gone. we got nothing in the end.
(no mods no materials no money no exp)i don`t know if this happened to you before but this is not the first time we have encountered a player afk
and i forgot the guys name.  :(

1. name and shame is a no no anyway, so its probably best you forgot his name.

2. there is no kick option.

3. a kick option would be horribly abused by trolls/$&*^s.

its annoying op, ill give you that, but there is not much you can do with them atm.

at best, you can use loki/valk to try and move them into oncoming enemies in an attempt to get them to die, but thats really about it.

side note:

could have sworn they put in an auto kick for idle a little while back.

or was that just the sentinel shutting down?

i forget...

I doubt they will be implementing a kick system but they are working on a reputation system which will hopefully give benefits to good honest players and even make it more likely to meet these players again in mission matchmaking.

Also dont post his name (naming and shaming is bad)

1. name and shame is a no no anyway, so its probably best you forgot his name.

2. there is no kick option.

3. a kick option would be horribly abused by trolls/$&*^s.

its annoying op, ill give you that, but there is not much you can do with them atm.

at best, you can use loki/valk to try and move them into oncoming enemies in an attempt to get them to die, but thats really about it.

side note:

could have sworn they put in an auto kick for idle a little while back.

or was that just the sentinel shutting down?

i forget...

Sentinels deactivate when there is no movement or action from the player after a few minutes to stop afk farms with sents and to stop people who are afk from having a means of defense.

yeah thx for the info guys. but maybe they could add an option when someone is afk for maybe 10 minutes or so, we can kick him through vote so that people cant instant kick someone or troll.

The best solution I can think of would be for the game to auto-kick anyone who goes AFK for more than 5 minutes at a time and is in a public match.  That way, people in private or solo matches don't get unjustly penalized. 

There is a way, but its really cold... Even I wouldn't do it, but it goes something like turning off the internet, and turning it back on again. Once it fully connects if the objective hasn't been completed you can re-invite everyone except for that one person.

Submit a ticket to support with the persons' name and what they did next time. Enough reports then they are dealt with.

that's even colder than turning off internet... Just let them be. They aren't hurting anything. Neither are they cheating. At least it isn't a bot. Plus it could be a real emergency going own. How would you know? Maybe they had to use the bathroom, and they were holding it in. You guys were at 10 minutes. The person really needs to go, and because you guys keep going up, and up they eventually go right then, and there...

That makes you WORSE than the AFKer... to want to punish, or torture people like that... Its cruel, and unusual punishment to force people with you like that.

Punish afk ?

(This thread is a doublicate)

I am strong AGAINST it.

There maybe reasons for afk.

And if you forget to leave a random group and someone klicks an other node you will start the mission.

No matter if your child cries or your dog is dieing.

Things to make AFK no problem :

Remove coop doors.

In Survival : if you stand at extraction for 10 secs -> extract the guy standing there.

Bosses : start boss if at least 50% of the players are at his postion. (for lets say 10 seconds)

Would be nice to be able to call the stalker for them.

I would seriously pay money for that. I guess the Stalker is hired by one of the 3 factions to kill the Tenno responsible for the death of one of the bosses, that would be awesome if Tenno could anonymously hire the Stalker to pay a visit to another Tenno :p The only downside is that currently, dying from an attack of the Stalker doesn't really have any downside, he appears in the very beginning of a mission, you die and then just reanimate, no loss here.