The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What To Do With Afk Players?(In Game)

C0R3

auto kick is not a good way. maybe someone went to the toilet(not faping but emergencies) or went to take drinks,etc

This. It could also be an excused absence.

What we need is a votekick that only becomes available after a player has been afk for too long. That way a player's account doesn't suffer permanent damage (What if they have a change of heart and refuse to abandon their teams ever again? I don't see the planned player rating system taking that into account), and the situation is dealt with.

Edited by SortaRandom

What does he benefit from afk? He can't get any mods, nor experience since he just stood on the other side of the map,

If it's an invasion mission, he gets a +1 to his completion count which essentially lets him get the battle pay without doing anything (while other people do all the hard work).

I had a similar thread before and some of the posters gave some really great suggestions: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/147617-auto-kick-leechers/

But bottomline (from the mods) is: send a report. I used to do that but after a while of not seeing any improvement (leeching is still rampant no matter how much you report), I gave up. Now I just take not of their names, hunt them down my 'recent players' list, and put them on ignore so i NEVER get put on the same team with them again.

Frankly, reporting 'bad' people is not that big of a deal. And it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling knowing you helped the community somehow by reporting infractions. But having to constantly report people - especially considering the fact that you shouldn't even have to do that if only there was a proper system in place - can get get annoying really fast

auto kick is not a good way. maybe someone went to the toilet(not faping but emergencies) or went to take drinks,etc

Well, don't start game in the first place if you gotta take a dump then :/ and why does a person need to get a drink for 5 minutes? He making a cocktail or something? (if DE implement 5 minute-afk auto kick system)

And vote kick is sure to be abused. I don't mean to be a punisher, but if that guy goes afk for a reason, then he must also know the reason of being auto-kicked. Unless you and the other 2 want to endure the trouble of having AFK-er in your game, that AFK-er isn't hurting anyone but he isn't doing any good either, prolly more harm though (when the team needs to extract asap that dude makes u struggle against the mobs for 1 minute like in your case).

Or DE could put a system where the afk-er goes into a "freeze" state where he's in squad but isnt "in-game"(3 guys can extract and the afk-er can still get rewards) perhaps? However, all these non-punish options is just going to benefit those afk-leechers. There will not be a positive outcome either way.

Punish afk ?

(This thread is a doublicate)

I am strong AGAINST it.

There maybe reasons for afk.

And if you forget to leave a random group and someone klicks an other node you will start the mission.

No matter if your child cries or your dog is dieing.

Things to make AFK no problem :

Remove coop doors.

In Survival : if you stand at extraction for 10 secs -> extract the guy standing there.

Bosses : start boss if at least 50% of the players are at his postion. (for lets say 10 seconds)

I really like this idea, just like defense mission. It's annoying that a player wants out after 10 minutes and then keeps bugging you to hurry up.

Well, don't start game in the first place if you gotta take a dump then :/ and why does a person need to get a drink for 5 minutes? He making a cocktail or something? (if DE implement 5 minute-afk auto kick system)

And vote kick is sure to be abused. I don't mean to be a punisher, but if that guy goes afk for a reason, then he must also know the reason of being auto-kicked. Unless you and the other 2 want to endure the trouble of having AFK-er in your game, that AFK-er isn't hurting anyone but he isn't doing any good either, prolly more harm though (when the team needs to extract asap that dude makes u struggle against the mobs for 1 minute like in your case).

Or DE could put a system where the afk-er goes into a "freeze" state where he's in squad but isnt "in-game"(3 guys can extract and the afk-er can still get rewards) perhaps? However, all these non-punish options is just going to benefit those afk-leechers. There will not be a positive outcome either way.

maybe emergencies in the middle of the game? 

i like the idea of putting the player in "freeze state" but maybe some users will still use this advantage and goes afk while still having the reward and not helping the team :(

Had a game of survival yesterday and about 10 seconds after the extraction was available it came up one player waiting, we got to about 26 minutes so he had a good 20 minutes or so of sitting in the extraction point. It was pretty funny because he was on mic and he was trying to persuade everyone to just keep going till they all died because even if we all died and couldn't make it to extraction he would be there so its ok. He went ballistic when we extracted for not holding out longer for better rewards.

Its always funny when they try things like this and fail pretty spectacularly like extraction point lurkers getting swarmed, rushers legging it forward to get downed in the middle of no where with no chance of revival, or my all time favourite a rusher legging it off an leaving the others behind to discover a door that needs 2 people as you now get the chance to take your sweet time to get there.

Autokick after 5 minute if that player afk and back them to the lobby without reason to mission fail or abandon. This is very humanic. Also what about the check point system?

Autokicks wont make much of a difference, there are always ways to avoid getting kicked with minimal efford (WoW to pick an excample game showed us that.

Punish afk ?

(This thread is a doublicate)

I am strong AGAINST it.

There maybe reasons for afk.

And if you forget to leave a random group and someone klicks an other node you will start the mission.

No matter if your child cries or your dog is dieing.

Things to make AFK no problem :

Remove coop doors.

In Survival : if you stand at extraction for 10 secs -> extract the guy standing there.

Bosses : start boss if at least 50% of the players are at his postion. (for lets say 10 seconds)

If someone truely has an emergency he/she wouldnt care what happens in the game, if he or she DOES care that person has to get their values checked.

Your suggested sollitions dont change a thing, other then rewarding the AFK'er for being afk. Great suggestion ... reward afkers,

You got to be joking.

The survival option is cute, 1 key stroke would be enough to avoid getting kicked or.. hide in a barrel which they already do.

Having 1 afker ussually isnt a big deal though that extra player does make things easier.

Then there is issue 2, Ive queue'd up and ended up in a group with 2 and ever 3 players afk, Natruely I left.

Again seriously your suggestion to reward the afkers is the most rediculas thing Ive seen on these forums. 

An auto-kick feature would be nice.

Vote kicking, while useful, is almost always constantly abused.

I mean, FF XIV just added a vote-kick system. While it's used properly. Some people will kick players in a raid group simply because they are the same class as them, so they get the loot and that player doesn't.

So, I'm all for an auto-kick feature (which, however, is easily bypassed), but I am against vote kicking, it's just far too easy to abuse.

*Edit*

Unless an auto kick feature was more complex than a simple "zero action or movement in x seconds = kick", even that wouldn't suffice.

Something like no kills in x minutes, no movement in x minutes, no damage dealt in x minutes. Something like that would be better, simply because an AFKer can't just set his keyboard to press W every 30 seconds.

Edited by Nugget_

When I'm leveling stuff, I rather have 3 leechers in my party then being alone, to be honest.

Because the more people there are, the more enemies spawn the more Exp I can get. Yes, leveling is going to be slower if the 3 other guys don't do anything, but it's still going to be faster than in a solo run.

Autokick after 5 minute if that player afk and back them to the lobby without reason to mission fail or abandon. This is very humanic. Also what about the check point system?

Won't help either. People will develope bots which ain't detectable at all (Autoscript which only uses the keyboard with desired keys "WASD" for example) and will avoid this kind of disturbance against their afk farming.

I was thinking about the kick option as well, but only if it is voteable or people with a good ranking (not MR) should be able to kick people directly without any vote progression. I hate it if players are just leeching around. Getting with a damn beginner warframe, beginner set, and not doing 50dmg on the mobs is just horrible.

And the high mastery ranked players are the worst. They are terrible, the most horribile players. Besides of dying everytime while using the ogris or penta, they just stay around for minutes and do nothing. Hardcore afk farmers. If they were bored about this game, they should gtfo, IMO.

1) Equip Valkyr with her Ripline, Energy syphon and all energy efficiency mods you have.

2) Other player decides to leech.

3) Drag his sorry -censored- into danger.

4) Clear the area or if you have Shade, go invisible.

5) Enjoy the massacre.

6) Kill the enemies for additional mods and/or affinity.

atleast, that's what i try to do...

Autokick is perfect. If you need to use the bathroom, or do something else that will have you unable to play the game for 5 minutes, then just leave the game, you silly Tenno.

don`t say that i am a racist or an a**hole or something

is there a way to, you know to give us an option to kick someone out of the game when they are afk for more than 10 minutes or something?

me and 2 of my friends were playing a survival mission, then a guy joined in(people we don`t know)

as soon as we hack the console and the door opened, the guy just ran off far away from us

we ask him to stick with us but he did not respond.

so we continued our survival.

(more than 15 minutes has passed) the guy suddenly came back then ran off again

(another 15minutes later or so)we were running out of lifesupport and the mobs are getting tougher(we can`t hold them much longer)so we decided to head for extraction.

we found out that the guy just stands there for the whole time(inside a container)

that time our lifesupport was 0% and we reach the extraction but needed to wait 1 more minute because that guy was standing there afk.

3 of us died(in the extraction zone. we were unable to revive because there are too much mobs. every time we revive we would die)we have waited for a few minutes, that guy suddenly left(dont know disconnected or something else)

we were &!$$ed because we farmed those materials and all those mods are gone. we got nothing in the end.

(no mods no materials no money no exp)i don`t know if this happened to you before but this is not the first time we have encountered a player afk

and i forgot the guys name.  :(

Give the host the opinion to kick/vote kick only if all 3 members agree then the vote is succesful

I do nothing, cause even I sometimes leech, those invasion missions can be boring as hell.

Also I would prefer to have 3 persons in afk, then doing solo, whats the difference? Affinity, you gain so little affinity solo, compared when you actually have a full team.